Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
Guiness

Default Architects

HI - Thinking about some renovations and new kitchen. Does anyone have recommendations for an architect in the area? We are in Moultonboro.
Thanks
Guiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
winniplayhouse

We used Sonya Misiaszek of Misiaszek Turpin in Laconia for our kitchen remodel. She is great to work with and we love the kitchen. I haven't had much experience with architects so I don't have a point of comparison, but Sonya is a great person.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winniplayhouse For This Useful Post:
Guiness (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
inquiring one

Hi,
Not knowing the extent of the project or budget it's hard to suggest a direction.
We have installed kitchens designed by Architects, ( Misiaszek & Turpin as well as Chris Williams) Kitchen designers ( Kitchen encounters )
Lowe's and Home depot have kitchen designers as well.
Good luck with the project
inquiring one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
scomptonbuilder

Hi Guiness

My name is Scott Compton of Scott Compton Builder. I would recommend Middleton Building Supply right here in Meredith. They have an outstanding kitchen center with a very knowledgeble kitchen designer who is Tammy. They also have "in house" engineers and draftsmen. I use them for all my projects, small and large. They will definitely take care of you. Their # is 279-7911. My "in house" salesman is Randy Hancock. Good luck.
scomptonbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
TheProfessor

If you want the job done correctly the first time then an architect is you best bet.
Kitchen designers at the local big box or lumber yard are fine. But if this was my home I would hire an architect.
An architect has extensive training in all phases of home design, knows all of the codes, and more importantly, knows what will add value to home. And have a large knowledge of materials and what can and cannot be done.

I am not an architect but I can provide you with a name and phone number of the one that did my kitchen.
PM me if interested.
I don't post anyones phone number on a forum without permission.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,378 Times in 954 Posts

I think there are good designers and good architects. I think there are bad of both also. I have seen a lot of architect mistakes so I don't think you can say one is better than the other. JMHO.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote