Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
JasonG

Default So are Baja's and Fountains dead on Lake Winni

I moved the Florida right around the time the speed limit law came into place. As we are moving back in a few months, my awesome wifey (her idea!) and I want to get a boat. We have always wanted a Baja Islander, 20 -23' bow rider. Not so much about going fast, but just love the style.

However, now that the speed limits are in place, has that pretty much ruined the Baja/fountain/performance boat market in the area?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Water Camper

Default Performance Boats

I still see them on the lake !

Bill
Old 04-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
JasonG

The dealer for Baja was Channel? Doesnt seem like they are anymore, or that Baja is even around much.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
laketrout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
I moved the Florida right around the time the speed limit law came into place. As we are moving back in a few months, my awesome wifey (her idea!) and I want to get a boat. We have always wanted a Baja Islander, 20 -23' bow rider. Not so much about going fast, but just love the style.

However, now that the speed limits are in place, has that pretty much ruined the Baja/fountain/performance boat market in the area?
Fountain dealer close by is Russo Marine in Mass if I am right and for Baja I don't know where there is one. Cigarette and go fast boats are still rumbling around the lake, I don't know anyone in my area that has ever gotten a speeding ticket, my bow rider does 58mph but I rarely go that fast.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
Woodsy

Contrary to the Winnfabs hope.... Speedboats are alive & well on Lake Winni.

That being said, with the exception of Formula... there are no speedboat dealers on the lake.

Donzi, Fountain and Baja are all under 1 corporate umbrella now. There are plenty of used ones of all brands out there on craigslist or boat trader. Just make sure you get a survey done before buying....

Woodsy
VitaBene (04-07-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #6
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Contrary to the Winnfabs hope.... Speedboats are alive & well on Lake Winni.

That being said, with the exception of Formula... there are no speedboat dealers on the lake.

Donzi, Fountain and Baja are all under 1 corporate umbrella now. There are plenty of used ones of all brands out there on craigslist or boat trader. Just make sure you get a survey done before buying....

Woodsy
Plenty of good boating still going on!! There are 2 or 3 Baja Islanders on NH Craigslist. One thing about them is that I do not believe they have a head, if that is important to you.

There are a lot of good performing big lake bowriders out there. Everyone has their opinion, but I would go with a Duoprop for all around Winni boating. My 26' Wellcraft bowrider will run 56 or so and accelerate real well with a Bravo 3. With a Bravo 1 lower unit, I would likely get into the low 60s.

Finally, I would look for at least 22 degrees of deadrise at transom for better lake riding (note, the more deadrise, more fuel is needed to push that hull through the water).
Old 04-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #7
Webbsatwinni

Default Come on in, the waters fine

As long as you aren't out of control with how you drive, you will be ok. We should start a GSBVVQPBC "Go slow & be very very quiet performance boat club"! As stated above, there are many mid sized performance boats on CL and now that switchable exhaust is legal, you can get a performance boat that can still be legal on Winni and fun if you go other places.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
jst_4_kiks

Speedboats are still very much alive on Winnipesaukee. Its the largest lake to enjoy. Braun Bay on the weekends still have numerous go-fast boats anchored there. The number of go-fast boats out number the number of patrol boats alot. Cant see them all everywhere on the lake.

PM with any questions about marine repair
Old 04-12-2015, 05:40 AM   #9
fatlazyless

nh.craigslist.org/boa/4932878044.html

.... better hurry ... this one in Alton won't last long and the winter price will soon be going up-up-up!

... here's the same boat in a different ad with better photos nh.craigslist.org/boa/4906822021.html posted two months ago!

... maybe he can install a mast and two sails and sell it as a hybrid go-fast/sailboat so's it can sail back home when the motors conk out!
Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #10
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
nh.craigslist.org/boa/4932878044.html

.... better hurry ... this one in Alton won't last long and the winter price will soon be going up-up-up!

... here's the same boat in a different ad with better photos nh.craigslist.org/boa/4906822021.html posted two months ago!

... maybe he can install a mast and two sails and sell it as a hybrid go-fast/sailboat so's it can sail back home when the motors conk out!
That would be a loud ride. It would be cooler with two 4 stroke replacements but it's still odd looking with outboards.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #11
WakeboardMom

Great deal on a great boat!

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/4992542049.html
VitaBene (05-05-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #12
fatlazyless

...wow....what a steal of a deal.....if only it was a bow-rider with an open bow area so's a bass fish'n seat setup on an adjustable seat and a bow mounted trolling motor could be installed.....that could make a super-duper 27' bass boat.....probably could steal it for $9999. ....cash! ......Baja was a super nice, quality boat made by Mercury in Florida!
Old 05-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
VitaBene

Quote:
...wow....what a steal of a deal.....if only it was a bow-rider with an open bow area so's a bass fish'n seat setup on an adjustable seat and a bow mounted trolling motor could be installed.....that could make a super-duper 27' bass boat.....probably could steal it for $9999. ....cash! ......Baja was a super nice, quality boat made by Mercury in Florida!
Fll I bet you could drag a 12 foot skiff out from under the deck and stick a 115 tower of power on tbat bad boy for 1500 max
Old 05-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #14
polarisman14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbsatwinni View Post
As long as you aren't out of control with how you drive, you will be ok. We should start a GSBVVQPBC "Go slow & be very very quiet performance boat club"! As stated above, there are many mid sized performance boats on CL and now that switchable exhaust is legal, you can get a performance boat that can still be legal on Winni and fun if you go other places.
When did they make switchable exhaust legal? If so that is good news!

To Tow: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
To Float: 1977 MFG Gypsy Star 17 O/B
Old 05-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #15
VitaBene

It has been a year or so now. The noise restriction remains in effect.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:06 AM   #16
ApS

Post The Trojan Horse Bill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisman14 View Post
When did they make switchable exhaust legal? If so that is good news!
About two years ago, "Legality" arrived stealthily in a two-step process—not unlike the Trojan Horse.

•​​ First, citing the danger to officers in 100+ MPH "fly-by" exhaust noise testing, they changed the measurement to testing "exhaust noise at the dock". The result, naturally enough, was quieter readings for ocean-racers.

•​​ Second, they made the argument that now that now that boats have been proven quiet, they should be permitted to have "switchable exhaust". This new change meant that speedboaters can have a open exhaust until reaching their crowded or sleeping destinations, when they could go "silent" again—and annoy nobody.

While it is no surprise that they "forget" to put their switchable exhaust into "quiet" mode, that's how the law stands today.

More's the pity, as it's children whose hearing is mostly impacted.

The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders reports approximately 28 million Americans have lost some or all of their hearing, including 17 in 1,000 children under age 18.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la męme chose...

Attached Images

Old 06-07-2015, 05:47 AM   #17
VitaBene

Our hearing takes a bigger beating from leaf blowers and music than boats
Old 06-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #18
Woodsy

Default More crap from aps!!

APS...

READ THE RSA! GEEZ! Perhaps its just beyond your ability comprehend??

It such a simple thing... Yet you keep posting complete and utter falsehoods!

You have to pass the DB limit both in Quiet Mode or Open Mode... you are not EVER allowed to have an un-muffled boat! And get this.... they still have drive by noise testing!

Show me the RSA where you are allowed to have un un-muffled boat!! Wait you cant....

Woodsy
Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 AM   #19
ApS

Question Consideration for Peaceable Boaters...

Quote:
APS...

READ THE RSA! GEEZ! Perhaps its just beyond your ability comprehend?? It such a simple thing... Yet you keep posting complete and utter falsehoods!You have to pass the DB limit both in Quiet Mode or Open Mode... you are not EVER allowed to have an un-muffled boat! And get this.... they still have drive by noise testing! Show me the RSA where you are allowed to have un un-muffled boat!! Wait you cant.... Woodsy
I "comprehend" just fine. My feeble performance in mathematics courses was saved when I aced courses in Logic—which my school counted as "equivalent" to mathematics in points.

Back to "Performance Boat" noise:

The moment you "loaded" the engine you increased its noise. Think of the last time you stood behind a Harley when he accelerates his Diluvian artifact "quickly" from a stop.

The engine's "load" at the dock is going to be very much less than the drive-by tests. (And why drive-by tests are purportedly still in effect—NH's Legislators probably aren't aware of the overwhelming part that "load" takes in these tests).

The "load" at the propeller is heaviest at the extreme speeds that threaten other boaters' safety—as written in the NH Boaters' Guide. Too often (actually most of the time) the selection of "loudest" is made with the switchable exhaust. One can wonder why ocean-racers have their "Cowboy" image.

Three days ago, a neighbor and I were talking on my porch, when I interrupted by saying, "Here comes a noisy boat". Sure enough, a white deck/blue hull/white bottom boat came into view and passed within a quarter mile of my porch—and an NHMP boat—who was slowing at the time.

Upon realizing that the NHMP could be "trouble", he did a 180, and boogied back to The Broads—and on the way—put his switchable exhaust into "less objectionable" mode. (Although it's said here repeatedly that switching noise at speed is impossible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vita Bene View Post
Our hearing takes a bigger beating from leaf blowers and music than boats
The noise one hears within one's noisy boat is much more suppressed than the outdoor (and sometimes even indoor) environment disturbed as the intruder passes by peaceable folk.

Noisy boats "have fun" in the amphitheater of Lake Winnipesaukee's shoreline hills. Our hills announce the intrusion of loud noise well in advance of the intruder's arrival on the scene—and sometimes will echo the noise more than twice! This applies to aircraft and (particularly) fireworks as well.

The prior photo shows that even "Country & Western music" can be painful to little ears. Note the Confederacy uniform.

How about some "Consideration of others"?

Attached Images

Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #20
Woodsy

Default More APS CRAP! Still waiting on that RSA!

APS...

More crap! Where is the RSA?? Still waiting....

The reality is, Boat motors are under load at all times... there is no gearbox that allows the motors to "coast" along at a lower RPM like cars have. I know you have hard time with these things.. but there is this awesome thing called "google". You can find almost anything there.. including NH RSA's!

And if you were good in "Logic" you would be able to figure this out with a little research... instead of spouting crap.

Everyone gets that you don't like Hi-po boats.... but post facts! Post NH RSA's... Stop posting unrelated to Lake Winni hyperbole!

Woodsy
Old 06-21-2015, 04:45 AM   #21
ApS

Arrow Weekends, We're Left with "Switchable Noise"...

There is very definitely a "load" when you shift a powerboat from neutral to forward or reverse: the RPMs drop, and sometimes the engine will stall under the relatively small load of turning the standard prop.

Accelerating increases the load, and therefore the noise. Measuring noise at a dock gathers gobbledegook—instead of meaningful numbers. The Trojan Horse law snuck-in legalized noise that was formerly illegal.

Except now, scofflaws can turn their noisy exhausts on and off, and on again, as a couple of us noticed last Saturday.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #22
Woodsy

APS...

Still haven't read the actual RSA's or SAF-C 400 yet? HAHAHAHA! Shocker!

Woodsy
VitaBene (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #23
VitaBene

Quote:
APS...

Still haven't read the actual RSA's or SAF-C 400 yet? HAHAHAHA! Shocker!

Woodsy
He never lets facts get in the way of a (bad) argument!
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Woodsy (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #24
ApS

Arrow Shooting the Messenger...

The Lake's scofflaws don't care what's written in New Hampshire's RSAs.

I just report what I see and hear on the lake—the "not-news" is that there's no change in attitude of those who never had consideration for peaceable Lake Winnipesaukee boaters—or the peace that Lake Winnipesaukee brings to others.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #25
Woodsy

oh please APS....

You choose not to read nor comprehend the RSA's & Saf-C 400. Just because you heard someone's exhaust doesn't mean they are scofflaws & law breakers.

You report what you want to report based on what you want to think... with absolutely NO BASIS in reality... other than you heard somebody's exhaust! and you think they switched it... neither are illegal!

Maybe you should actually READ the RSA's...

Woodsy
Old 06-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #26
Webbsatwinni

Anyone else see the APS hypocrisy? If someone complains about the SL, he says give up you lost. But on the law he doesn't agree with, the insults and name calling start.

I just heard a fountain go by the house and loved it!
Old 06-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #27
fatlazyless

For some background info on the switchable exhaust, you can google a Sept 24, 2010 report by Harrison Haas in Foster's: "Bill would allow 'switchable exhausts' on boats."

It's worth a read .... very interesting and informative report about some newly proposed state law?
Old 06-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #28
VitaBene

In aps world, the noise from a C130=good, V8=bad
Old 06-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #29
codeman671

Quote:
Anyone else see the APS hypocrisy?
Yep, been seeing it for years....
Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #30
ApS

Exclamation About 24-feet Long, All-White Helmets...

Quote:
For some background info on the switchable exhaust, you can google a Sept 24, 2010 report by Harrison Haas in Foster's: "Bill would allow 'switchable exhausts' on boats." It's worth a read .... very interesting and informative report about some newly proposed state law?
Sorry, FLL, Google didn't show that news story.

As for Navy and Air Force C-130s, they emit the sound of Freedom.

For Ocean-Racers, they're the unwanted noise to a captive audience—they're the ISIS of boaters.

On Friday afternoons, it's not unusual to see boats speeding eastward to their various home docks in Winter Harbor. At 7:20-PM, a mostly white speedboat with three aboard sped past. I couldn't ID it, but it might have been a Donzi, as it was chine-walking at a very high speed. All three aboard were wearing helmets!

There's always something new on the lake.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #31
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

As for Navy and Air Force C-130s, they emit the sound of Freedom.

For Ocean-Racers, they're the unwanted noise to a captive audience—they're the ISIS of boaters.

On Friday afternoons, it's not unusual to see boats speeding eastward to their various home docks in Winter Harbor. At 7:20-PM, a mostly white speedboat with three aboard sped past. I couldn't ID it, but it might have been a Donzi, as it was chine-walking at a very high speed. All three aboard were wearing helmets!

There's always something new on the lake.

You wouldn't know chine walking without googling the definition. You certainly wouldn't recognize it from a starboard view. Further, a donzi is not chine walking at much less than 70 or so.

Helmets?? Really?

Anyone that knows your politics knows why you are more cranky than usual
Old 06-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #32
fatlazyless

Quote:
It does for me .... 2nd on the google list....all I have to do is google "switchable exhaust boats New Hampshire" ..... The first line in the newspaper article is "Hillsboro County State Rep John Hikel of Goffstown has filed a bill on behalf of the Safe Boaters of New Hampshire and their president, Scott Verdonck...."

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-27-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #33
Webbsatwinni

Quote:

I see it the other way, people spreading fear and accusations in an attempt to manipulate the way others think and to promote their own cause is closer to ISIS.

Remind you of anyone that uses their propaganda videos posted online to try and gain support for a selfish cause?
The Following User Says Thank You to Webbsatwinni For This Useful Post:
PaugusBayFireFighter (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #34
ApS

Question Who's At Risk, Here?

Thanks, FLL, it came first in my latest search. See, it's not difficult to flummox a NH representative from Goffstown.

Is the 2011 RSA the latest in noise limits?

Quote:
I see it the other way, people spreading fear and accusations in an attempt to manipulate the way others think and to promote their own cause is closer to ISIS. Remind you of anyone that uses their propaganda videos posted online to try and gain support for a selfish cause?
I dunno. Is my only other video of racing noise any different than this one—videotaped Saturday?

http://youtu.be/uZO2i7u6G0U
Old 06-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #35
Webbsatwinni

Or this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1am31TT4hDI

Name calling and you give the impressions that laws are being broken without proof. The blurred / distant boats don't show anything.

Try again with your propaganda campaigns.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #36
Woodsy

Default Aps=bs

So you videoed some guy in a Donzi 16 Classic... running in flat calm water minding his own business. YUP! He must be a scofflaw!

The Donzi 16 Classic is a 16' boat designed for zipping around small bodies of water and is great for waterskiing. Its a 16' boat not even close to an ocean boat!

Doesn't look to me like he is breaking any laws... and I certainly didn't hear any switchable exhaust!

Just more APS=BS.... maybe that should be your new forum moniker??

Woodsy
Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #37
VitaBene

Quote:
Thanks, FLL, it came first in my latest search. See, it's not difficult to flummox a NH representative from Goffstown.

Is the 2011 RSA the latest in noise limits?

I dunno. Is my only other video of racing noise any different than this one—videotaped Saturday?

http://youtu.be/uZO2i7u6G0U
Hitting it early? A 7 year-old could take a better video
Old 06-30-2015, 06:07 AM   #38
PaugusBayFireFighter

"Hitting it early? A 7 year-old could take a better video"
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #39
Webbsatwinni

Maybe APS was on to something, are there risks that we do not understand in the area that he is taking the video. Maybe over the holiday weekend we should all go anchor there and review this for ourselves. How many boats do you think we could get, I will bring the hot dogs!

The new braun bay anyone? And I am sure we can get a bad video of the fun and it would be posted on various forums and youtube by wolfborian so we can all enjoy seeing our blurry faces there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Webbsatwinni For This Useful Post:
RTTOOL (06-30-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #40
ApS

Question ISIS Aggression Not Intended?

IMO, Bringing ISIS tactics to this forum is an abuse of Winnipesaukee.com/forums/.

I've flagged your post as abusive, and expect my reply to disappear as well.

Quote:
I see it the other way, people spreading fear and accusations in an attempt to
manipulate the way others think and to promote their own cause is closer to ISIS...The new braun bay anyone?
Better hurry as before July 4th, I'll be at my Dad's, who is ˝-mile from the Big Lake. OTOH, my renters (with small grandchildren) are aware of your cult and later, I host an older family member who fought the Nazis as a kid—doesn't take any nonsense—and is likely to fly off the handle and bring the law down on the scene.

'Hoping nobody gets hurt.

Maybe you missed today's ISIS own plans for Americans celebrating July 4th:
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #41
Webbsatwinni

So the following isn't abusive:

"For Ocean-Racers, they're the unwanted noise to a captive audience—they're the ISIS of boater"

What a strange little bubble you live in. And are you saying that you will have a guest that will demonstrate violence against other lake boaters?

"I host an older family member who fought the Nazis as a kid—doesn't take any nonsense—and is likely to fly off the handle and bring the law down on the scene"

That sounds like a great person to host in your home.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #42
ApS

Question A Short Hop from NE Rattlesnake Island...

Quote:
Or this one,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1am31TT4hDI

Name calling and you give the impressions that laws are being broken without proof. The blurred / distant boats don't show anything. Try again with your propaganda campaigns.
Do you deny instigating a "blurred / distant" flotilla against sl friends?
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #43
Webbsatwinni

No I do not, I have two friends that live in WH that love the boats and we met there so their kids could see the boats. What did you think I meant?
Old 06-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #44
RTTOOL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
do you deny instigating a "blurred / distant" flotilla against sl friends?
you need to grow up guy or little girl..
Old 06-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #45
VitaBene

Quote:
IMO, Bringing ISIS tactics to this forum is an abuse of Winnipesaukee.com/forums/.

I've flagged your post as abusive, and expect my reply to disappear as well.

Better hurry as before July 4th, I'll be at my Dad's, who is ˝-mile from the Big Lake. OTOH, my renters (with small grandchildren) are aware of your cult and later, I host an older family member who fought the Nazis as a kid—doesn't take any nonsense—and is likely to fly off the handle and bring the law down on the scene.

'Hoping nobody gets hurt.

Maybe you missed today's ISIS own plans for Americans celebrating July 4th:
Wisely, Don created this sandbox where you can be countered.

Flying off the handle appears to be a family trait... My family member landed on Omaha on June 6 and slogged his way through France, Belgium and the Rhineland. He was the kindest person I have ever met, never mentioned his service and certainly would not hurt someone for running a boat down an EMPTY bay at speed.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #46
Webbsatwinni

Default News Hawk!

Look at this, another forum that has a member with the same complaints and opinions as APS. I wonder if they know each other?

http://wolfgil.forumotion.com/t3685-...-winter-harbor
Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #47
winni83

Default Pbed

Perhaps it is time for the APS Brigade to utilize its battery of
PBED Devices against all who violate his concept of peace and tranquility.

PBED.pdf
Old 07-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #48
PaugusBayFireFighter

This thread gets me excited for the Easter Seals Poker Run next weekend.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #49
ApS

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Hitting it early? A 7 year-old could take a better video
It's been fixed—look again.

It's a little camera supported on a railing, and there was no way to get the perp to slow down.

The Marine Patrol certainly wasn't "on it".

Quote:
You wouldn't know chine walking without googling the definition. You certainly wouldn't recognize it from a starboard view. Further, a donzi is not chine walking at much less than 70 or so.
I'll take this expert's view over yours any day:

http://www.screamandfly.com/content....-How-To-Fix-It

But thanks for the 70-MPH opinion. There are brief segments in that latest "run" that suggest the Donzi is at 70-MPH (and "chine-walking").

Quote:
I have two friends that live in WH that love the boats and we met there so their kids could see the boats. What did you think I meant?

That you intended harassment—along with Scott Verdonk of SBONH—
"Safe Boaters Of New Hampshire".

__________________________________________________ _____
I'll give "Safe" Boaters this much credit: you sure put on a good race for the folks at Keewaydin Point. 'Disappointing that the race chose to hug the furthest shoreline, though I was pleased that the race had a clear winner.

Quote:
Wisely, Don created this sandbox where you can be countered. Flying off the handle appears to be a family trait... My family member landed on Omaha on June 6 and slogged his way through France, Belgium and the Rhineland. He was the kindest person I have ever met, never mentioned his service and certainly would not hurt someone for running a boat down an EMPTY bay at speed.
How EMPTY was it?

Countered? I videotaped two RSA violations on one YouTube, and all the immature responses come out.

He made two runs at illegal speeds. I don't know where his "switchable-exhaust" went to—seems he'd made his "Captain's" choice already.

As for the "sandbox", we're permitted to flag posts that are:

I sent it in, but apparently there's no penalty noted for the play of borderline threatening-behavior. As a result, WPD has been notified.

Quote:
Look at this, another forum that has a member with the same complaints and opinions as APS. I wonder if they know each other? http://wolfgil.forumotion.com/t3685-...-winter-harbor
Thanks for that. I'd intended this morning to take the debate of illegal speeds, noise, and lack of Marine Patrol enforcement to a forum that could use some new "blood".

(Figuratively speaking, of course).

And not burden Don's forum with high-speed "children at the helm"—while awaiting the next newspaper headlines.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #50
Woodsy

Default Aps=bs

So you took a video that shows a boat! You claim a violation of 2 RSA's and that the boat is dangerously chine walking.I don't see it. IMHO, The boat is certainly not over the Db limit and neither is the boat chine walking or violating the speed limit...

It is your OPINION that the operator is in violation... but that's just it.... just like my observation of your video, IT IS OPINION, NOT FACT!

Its a 16 foot boat... HARDLY an ocean racer! Its actually designed for water skiing... the original model name for the boat was Ski-Sporter.

With the engine above 2000 RPM he wouldn't use his switchable exhaust anyway! Your lack of comprehension of how that system works truly amazes me! Especially since it has been explained to you so many times!

Who is the Idiot?? Hmmmm.....

Harassment? WE the PEOPLE of NH have a RIGHT to use the Lake in any manner we see fit WITHIN the LAWS & RULES set forth by NH RSA's and SAF-C 400! If those uses annoy you.. well too bad for you!

Your family property borders what is essentially a State Park... you do not have any RIGHT to Peace and Quiet. You are not a captive audience... Feel free to move... Like maybe just stay in Florida?

I will not justify your ISIS comparison... you do a great disservice to those people in our armed forces who actually fight & direct the war on terrorism...

APS=BS!!!

Woodsy
RTTOOL (07-01-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #51
Webbsatwinni

Quote:
It's been fixed—look again.

It's a little camera supported on a railing, and there was no way to get the perp to slow down.

The Marine Patrol certainly wasn't "on it".

I'll take this expert's view over yours any day:

http://www.screamandfly.com/content....-How-To-Fix-It

But thanks for the 70-MPH opinion. There are brief segments in that latest "run" that suggest the Donzi is at 70-MPH (and "chine-walking").

[/B]

That you intended harassment—along with Scott Verdonk of SBONH—
"Safe Boaters Of New Hampshire".

I'll give "Safe" Boaters this much credit: you sure put on a good race for the folks at Keewaydin Point. 'Disappointing that the race chose to hug the furthest shoreline, though I was pleased that the race had a clear winner.

How EMPTY was it?

Countered? I videotaped two RSA violations on one YouTube, and all the immature responses come out.

He made two runs at illegal speeds. I don't know where his "switchable-exhaust" went to—seems he'd made his "Captain's" choice already.

As for the "sandbox", we're permitted to flag posts that are:

I sent it in, but apparently there's no penalty noted for the play of borderline threatening-behavior. As a result, WPD has been notified.

Thanks for that. I'd intended this morning to take the debate of illegal speeds, noise, and lack of Marine Patrol enforcement to a forum that could use some new "blood".

(Figuratively speaking, of course).

And not burden Don's forum with high-speed "children at the helm"—while awaiting the next newspaper headlines.

In all of this ramble, did you have a point? Who is harassing you? You are the one posing videos and calling people names and making unfounded accusations. When you called WPD, what accusation did you use?
Old 07-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #52
VitaBene

Default WPD Dispatch

I can see the face palm the dispatcher gives him/herself when they see APS' caller ID pop up on their screen!

APS: "Tell those meanies to stop boating on MY lake"

Dispatch: "Certainly sir, now I need to go before I start laughing in your ear"
RTTOOL (07-01-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #53
ApS

Arrow Taking the "Risk" Out of Boating...

Quote:
I can see the face palm the dispatcher gives him/herself when they see APS' caller ID pop up on their screen!
APS: "Tell those meanies to stop boating on MY lake" Dispatch: "Certainly sir, now I need to go before I start laughing in your ear"
I've made just one call in three years to "the NHMP authorities"—one to TFD—and none to WPD in this decade. Reports of wrongdoing can be emailed to WPD "for record".

That one NHMP call regarded three paddleboats connected by lines and swimmers in the pinch-point at Keewaydin Point. The dispatcher insisted they were doing nothing wrong. (As they were difficult to see among the multiple lanes of heavy waterskiing, sailing, tubing, and high-speed travel—"doing nothing wrong" was hardly the point in calling).

Fortunately, the MP appeared before the call ended, correctly addressed the situation, and I could hang up on the dispatcher.

Previous calls to the NHMP addressed open exhausts, which I timed so the dispatcher could hear the exhausts blasting our conversation!

Quote:
Wisely, Don created this sandbox where you can be countered.
I appreciate the ability to "counter" risk-takers who believe they should be allowed to trash the lake's quiet bays, harbors and coves.

It's an American freedom that some would squash—if they could.

Quote:
Flying off the handle appears to be a family trait... My family member landed on Omaha on June 6 and slogged his way through France, Belgium and the Rhineland..."
Did he place rocks in the treads of Nazi Panzer tanks as an 11-year old?

Quote:
"...you do a great disservice to those people in our armed forces who actually fight & direct the war on terrorism..."
ISIS didn't exist until our armed forces were removed from Iraq. (By D.C.—the District of Corruption).

Quote:
"...I will not justify your ISIS comparison..."
Without enforcement, Winnipesaukee's scofflaws run amok. The NH Marine Patrol should be doing its job—especially as this Donzi runs the same course every Memorial Day.

http://www.hearos.com/earplugblog/ki...ng-protection/
Old 07-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #54
Webbsatwinni

Quote:

APS: Takes bad video
APS: Posts videos and past quotes out of context and edited anywhere that he is able to

Dispatch: This is APS? AKA News hawk, wolfborian, etc?

BTW APS, I get that you know that I live on Rattlesnake, no need for the little jabs on NE Rattlesnake to let me know that you know where I live. I get it and I am afraid of you, happy? Feel free to stop by if you have an issue now that you know the big secret of where i live.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:45 AM   #55
ApS

Post It's Not Rocket Surgery...

In describing your "It's Not A Race" event (which I provided on YouTube) , "Safe" Boaters of New Hampshire described your boat as a 31-foot Sonic emblazoned with racing checkered flag graphics. Anyone boating from Welch Island to points south can see it prominently moored off Rattlesnake Island. (Or hear its peculiar noise while visiting Keewaydin Point).

Take complaints to them.

Factoid: "Surface-piercing" propellers date back to 1927.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:34 AM   #56
codeman671

Quote:

Factoid: "Surface-piercing" propellers date back to 1927.
Factoid- sonics do not have surface piercing drives, nor do 16' donzis. The only thing that is surface piercing here is your whining and odd threads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-04-2015), VitaBene (07-03-2015), Webbsatwinni (07-05-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #57
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default And we know where you live!

APS. So expect a fantastic water front show!
Webbsatwinni (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #58
Webbsatwinni

Ok, lets try a different tactic,

APS, do you want a ride on a boat? Let me know and I will gladly take you for a ride so you can see people wave and smile at it when we are on the lake. I will come pick you up in winter harbor.

Sent from:
Rattlesnake Island!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Webbsatwinni For This Useful Post:
trfour (07-05-2015), VitaBene (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #59
trfour

Smile APS nevah liked my ski boat either...

The spottahs had to use a camera on a pole so's they could watch the skiers...

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
The Following User Says Thank You to trfour For This Useful Post:
Webbsatwinni (07-07-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 05:16 AM   #60
Webbsatwinni

I guess that its a no APS? Offer still open.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #61
Webbsatwinni

I guess the cure for the dreaded forum antagonistic disease is a kind offer to share your viewpoint.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #62
BroadHopper

Default Oh APS? Where are you?

Sorry folks! I must have scared him off!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #63
VitaBene

He noted on another forum that he would not be on wifi this week...
Old 07-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #64
Shreddy

APS = The Boy who cried wolf...
Old 07-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #65
ApS

Cool For Every Measure, a Counter-Measure...

Quote:
So you took a video that shows a boat! You claim a violation of 2 RSA's and that the boat is dangerously chine walking.I don't see it.
Perhaps you should examine the video closer—it's a short video.

The instability can be seen when the Donzi approaches and then leaves intervening foliage. 'Course, an unwilling viewer won't be able to see it or hear the Illegalities involved.

From last year, I have much shorter video of the same Donzi, where the Illegal noise and speed can't be dismissed.

Just this minute, a ˝-hour before sunset, an even noisier yellow boat sped by Illegally twice, towing a skier at the end of a 150' ski rope. Other boats have their navigation lights on.

Quote:
Your family property borders what is essentially a State Park... you do not have any RIGHT to Peace and Quiet. You are not a captive audience...
As you are aware, my avocation is instructing race car drivers. Our national club doesn't release our students to race around our public roadways—with open exhaust cut-outs—no less a State Park.

Quote:
Feel free to move... Like maybe just stay in Florida?
• Florida currently has an "Ocean-Racer driver" serving 85 years in jail for his beer-driven "need for speed". His attitude was no different than the alcohol-driven assaults of "Performance Boat drivers" seen on Lake Winnipesaukee at Meredith, Diamond Island, Gilford, and most reprehensibly, at Long Lake—which bears more than a strong resemblance to Winter Harbor—the scene of both videos.

• Justice in New Hampshire? Not so much. "Justice" in New Hampshire pales in comparison. Pajamas Justice for a killing? Think of a year of having to overnight [only] in jail.

• Consider the national study that shows Florida (with its extremely long coastline, and year-round fair weather), has a lower percentage of imbibers than Massachusetts—and the rest of New England.

• Besides, I have family going back generations here, even before Tuftonboro got electricity. We're not leaving.

Quote:
I will not justify your ISIS comparison... you do a great disservice to those people in our armed forces who actually fight & direct the war on terrorism...

Woodsy
At least one of your "Performance Boat drivers" flies the black and white flag representing no less than the Anarchy of ISIS on the lake—and intolerance towards peaceable boaters. It's not just "The Weekend Cowboys".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Sorry folks...

No worries—liquid countermeasures might be very difficult to remove from oversized plastic hulls and most other surfaces.

Try to see yourselves as TV characters.

(It's not pretty, and doesn't end well).

Old 07-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #66
Webbsatwinni

Quote:
Kinda funny that APS goes through all of that trouble to prove a point when all we need to do is show the unedited quote above. It's easy to find the flaws in the rants. And still no reply to my offer of a ride to see the other side's POV.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #67
trfour

Smile Aps

related to Done Trump????

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 07-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #68
Woodsy

Default Just more APS=BS

APS=BS...

What part of there are NO (ZIP, ZERO, NADA, EMPTY SET) UNMUFFLED EXHAUSTS on Lake Winni.... Unless you want to start bashing the old woodie guys... I know a few of them have straight pipes!

As far as a Black flag representing Anarchy?? Yup... Saw one flying on a pontoon boat this weekend! No doubt they are radical Winnipesaukee Anarchists... Maybe you should call homeland security??

As you have pretty close to ZERO experience with fast powerboats, I hardly think your OPINION of what constitutes chine walking is valid...

And you are WRONG about the lights.... AS USUAL!

Saf-C 403.14 Time for Lights. Proper lighting, as required in Saf-C 403.15 and Saf-C 403.16, shall be displayed between sunset and sunrise. Lights shall be lighted at such times and no other lights which might be mistaken for, interfere with, or distract from, the prescribed lights shall be exhibited.

1/2 hour BEFORE sunset, he was not required to display Nav lights... Not saying it would have been prudent to do so... But NO LAW was broken!

You need to READ and UNDERSTAND the laws.. before you post CRAP about what Law Breakers boaters are... Somewhere a village in Florida is missing its idiot!

Woodsy
Old 07-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #69
Webbsatwinni

Quote:

At least one of your "Performance Boat drivers" flies the black and white flag representing no less than the Anarchy of ISIS on the lake—and intolerance towards peaceable boaters. It's not just "The Weekend Cowboys".
I have a jolly roger, I wonder if it me that he is stalking? hmmmmmm, maybe the local authorities should be called, I am nervous. APS, feel free to stop by when you are over here watching my family, drinks are on me.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #70
ApS

Arrow What the Trojan Horse Law Allows...

Quote:
You need to READ and UNDERSTAND the laws.. before you post CRAP about what Law Breakers boaters are... Somewhere a village in Florida is missing its idiot!

APS=BS...
Not so fast: we agree about the 150' rule being a lifesaver.

We also agree that the NHMP is understaffed, but composed of ready-and-able employees and officers.

We also agree (now) that the night-time speed limit is sensible. That sensibility didn't have to "dawn" on this Floridian

Quote:
What part of there are NO (ZIP, ZERO, NADA, EMPTY SET) UNMUFFLED EXHAUSTS on Lake Winni.... Unless you want to start bashing the old woodie guys... I know a few of them have straight pipes!
​​​​• Just to set a standard noise parameter for my videos, on Thursday, I videotaped a [known and] particularly rich man in an old Laker. Even when he disappeared out of sight (about 1˝-miles), he was clearly heard on the video.

​​​​• Is it your belief that rich people should be exempt from disturbing the peace of others? Or, to use your phrase, should anyone "be exempt" to disturb the peace in a "State Park"?

​​​​• BTW: Only automobile horns and gunshots are louder than what's allowed under the Trojan Horse law.

Quote:
As you have pretty close to ZERO experience with fast powerboats, I hardly think your OPINION of what constitutes chine walking is valid...
​​​​• I have hand-built three boats—two of them hydroplanes.

​​​​• You?

​​​​• For those unfamiliar with "chine-walking", here's a short YouTube simulation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKTXxzPPMo0

​​​​• If you could think of the worst models of boats that chine-walk, would you skip Donzi?

​​​​• A Donzi 26ZX story from the Web:

Quote:
"The problem I am having is at a GPS measured speed of 78mph she starts to chine walk and progressively gets worse. I have WPM add-on hydraulic steering and biscuit tin trim tabs! I am not sure if it requires full dual hydraulic steering system or a set of performance 24" long tabs - or both! Please can somebody advise me before I get wet!!!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...e-walking.html
Quote:
As far as a Black flag representing Anarchy?? Yup... Saw one flying on a pontoon boat this weekend! No doubt they are radical Winnipesaukee Anarchists... Maybe you should call homeland security??
There are so many pontoon boats cruising, skiing, tubing, and sight-seeing around here I've asked a neighbor to identify theirs with a flag, so his pontoon boat flies the flag of The Miami Dolphins. I told him "You're not safe on Lake Winnipesaukee".

But the black flag of Anarchy on Lake Winnipesaukee indicates the banditry that characterizes a noisy, recent, and present danger to peaceable boaters and other lake users—but especially Winter Harbor's calmer shores.

New Hampshire has been designated "louder" by the New Hampshire Legislature. Is that the "right direction" to protect the hearing of youngsters?
http://francestown.us/nhnoise.php

Quote:
And you are WRONG about the lights.... AS USUAL! 1/2 hour BEFORE sunset, he was not required to display Nav lights... Not saying it would have been prudent to do so... But NO LAW was broken!
Because of the gloomy weather, other boats had their nav-lights on.

If you're towing a skier behind 150' tow-rope at 60-70 MPH, you should make yourself as visible as possible, IMHO. In spite of the extra carrying weight—and although "the driver" could sense the fall of a skier—one should also carry an observer!

Remember that Winter Harbor's "dagger" shape resembles another narrow Lake—made infamous and deadly by an Ocean-Racer. Except in New Hampshire, you have to stay away from Winter Harbor's shoreline, docks, boats, and floats by 150'.

But only one Winter Harbor shoreline is usually calm enough for SUPs, canoes, kayaks, inflatables and water skiers. A tow-rope 150-feet long is an "incident" waiting to happen—though that length might be "totally legal" according to Woodsy.

Quote:
I have a jolly roger, I wonder if it me that he is stalking? hmmmmmm, maybe the local authorities should be called, I am nervous. APS, feel free to stop by when you are over here watching my family, drinks are on me.
No thanks.

I don't drink and go boating.

"Decide before you drive".

Quote:
Ok, lets try a different tactic, APS, do you want a ride on a boat? Let me know and I will gladly take you for a ride so you can see people wave and smile at it when we are on the lake. I will come pick you up in winter harbor.
No Thanks. I have my own boat, and don't normally wave unless—or until—the other boat is a legal 150-feet+ away.

•​ ​Now who was it that said the noise limits haven't been changed?

•​ Who was it that said Ocean-Racers aren't a cult?

Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 AM   #71
VitaBene

Quote:
Not so fast: we agree about the 150' rule being a lifesaver.

We also agree that the NHMP is understaffed, but composed of ready-and-able employees and officers.

We also agree (now) that the night-time speed limit is sensible. That sensibility didn't have to "dawn" on this Floridian

​​​​• Just to set a standard noise parameter for my videos, on Thursday, I videotaped a [known and] particularly rich man in an old Laker. Even when he disappeared out of sight (about 1˝-miles), he was clearly heard on the video.

​​​​• Is it your belief that rich people should be exempt from disturbing the peace of others? Or, to use your phrase, should anyone "be exempt" to disturb the peace in a "State Park"?

​​​​• BTW: Only automobile horns and gunshots are louder than what's allowed under the Trojan Horse law.

​​​​• I have hand-built three boats—two of them hydroplanes.

​​​​• You?

​​​​• For those unfamiliar with "chine-walking", here's a short YouTube simulation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKTXxzPPMo0

​​​​• If you could think of the worst models of boats that chine-walk, would you skip Donzi?

​​​​• A Donzi 26ZX story from the Web:

There are so many pontoon boats cruising, skiing, tubing, and sight-seeing around here I've asked a neighbor to identify theirs with a flag, so his pontoon boat flies the flag of The Miami Dolphins. I told him "You're not safe on Lake Winnipesaukee".

But the black flag of Anarchy on Lake Winnipesaukee indicates the banditry that characterizes a noisy, recent, and present danger to peaceable boaters and other lake users—but especially Winter Harbor's calmer shores.

New Hampshire has been designated "louder" by the New Hampshire Legislature. Is that the "right direction" to protect the hearing of youngsters?
http://francestown.us/nhnoise.php

Because of the gloomy weather, other boats had their nav-lights on.

If you're towing a skier behind 150' tow-rope at 60-70 MPH, you should make yourself as visible as possible, IMHO. In spite of the extra carrying weight—and although "the driver" could sense the fall of a skier—one should also carry an observer!

Remember that Winter Harbor's "dagger" shape resembles another narrow Lake—made infamous and deadly by an Ocean-Racer. Except in New Hampshire, you have to stay away from Winter Harbor's shoreline, docks, boats, and floats by 150'.

But only one Winter Harbor shoreline is usually calm enough for SUPs, canoes, kayaks, inflatables and water skiers. A tow-rope 150-feet long is an "incident" waiting to happen—though that length might be "totally legal" according to Woodsy.

No thanks.

No Thanks. I have my own boat, and don't normally wave unless—or until—the other boat is a legal 150-feet+ away.

•​ ​Now who was it that said the noise limits haven't been changed?

•​ Who was it that said Ocean-Racers aren't a cult?

Too much time on your hands= bad sometimes.
SAMIAM (07-26-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #72
Webbsatwinni

Quote:

No thanks.

I guess you missed the main point there ASP, the invite was sarcastic. I get the point that you think the constant jabs on where I live concern me. Its the opposite, I welcome you to confront me when you are over snooping on my family. Maybe either you or I will see the others opinion clearer if you stopped the online drama and name calling.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #73
BroadHopper

Default Name calling.

So who was it during a SL debate in front of the legislature. 'Sea Rays belong on the Seas, Key West belongs in the keys, cabin cruisers are ocean going vessels and so forth...........................................'?

This clearly shows an attempt to ban boats from Winni, I distantly remember it was an elderly guy from Wolfeboro standing next to Rep, Pilliod.

The majority of the Sea Rays on the lake aren't even big enough to enjoy on the ocean. I'm surprise this guy wasn't talking about 'them cigar' boats.