Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
ACME on the Broads
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default Irwin Toyota #1

I bought two new Toyota's in the last year from Irwin Toyota(a Tacoma pick up and a Camry), the sales department and especially Dana Linglebach were outstanding!

Fantastic Customer focus before the sale, no pressure during negotiation, competitive pricing, great follow-through and calls, many, after the sale as well. Dana even had the car delivered to Keene........He simply went above and beyond to make us (the customers) happy...What a great experience all around. Dana is the sales manager at Irwin, can't imagine buying a car from another dealer or another sales manager...both, top notch!

Thank you,
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prides Point/Long Bay & LI,NY
Posts: 270
Thanks: 148
Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post
I bought two new Toyota's in the last year from Irwin Toyota(a Tacoma pick up and a Camry), the sales department and especially Dana Linglebach were outstanding!



Fantastic Customer focus before the sale, no pressure during negotiation, competitive pricing, great follow-through and calls, many, after the sale as well. Dana even had the car delivered to Keene........He simply went above and beyond to make us (the customers) happy...What a great experience all around. Dana is the sales manager at Irwin, can't imagine buying a car from another dealer or another sales manager...both, top notch!



Thank you,


I also love Irwin Ford/Toyota. I ordered a Ford pickup coming in any day. It was a very long process as it is new model and my salesman Bob Travers, Dana Lingelbach and Al Faro have been awesome.



Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
dpg
Senior Member
 
dpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,263
Thanks: 131
Thanked 204 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I also love Irwin Ford/Toyota. I ordered a Ford pickup coming in any day. It was a very long process as it is new model and my salesman Bob Travers, Dana Lingelbach and Al Faro have been awesome.



Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Three salesmen?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prides Point/Long Bay & LI,NY
Posts: 270
Thanks: 148
Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
Default

No Bob is the salesman and Dana and Al are the store manager and sales manager respectively.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #5
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Thanks: 11
Thanked 236 Times in 135 Posts
Default

For those of us new to living in NH, there is a special celebration that comes with buying a new car. The celebration goes beyond the new car smell, shine and whiz bang features.

The lack of a sales tax really feels good on purchases of this size!
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #6
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Breckenridge CO
Posts: 4,387
Thanks: 2,085
Thanked 781 Times in 540 Posts
Default Irwin's Service Department

is another story, they don't adhere to the factory maintenance schedule. It is your responsibility as the owner to make sure the factory schedule is done.

They gave us a fantastic deal on a 2008 Avalon at Corolla price, they had lots of cars in inventory then, but I had to make sure they stick to factory recommended service.

Last year I decided to replace the cabin air filter by myself as I suspect reduced air flow. The original air filter is clogged with debris and we were charged for a new filter every year!

I brought the filter along with the debris to the service department and they acted surprise and promise they will look into it. Well I'm not going back.
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.

Last edited by BroadHopper; 04-13-2017 at 06:45 AM.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #7
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prides Point/Long Bay & LI,NY
Posts: 270
Thanks: 148
Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
For those of us new to living in NH, there is a special celebration that comes with buying a new car. The celebration goes beyond the new car smell, shine and whiz bang features.



The lack of a sales tax really feels good on purchases of this size!


You are correct but keep in mind that the registration fees are much higher and over the life you are in effect paying a similar amount but not paying finance charges on the sales tax.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Thanks: 11
Thanked 236 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
You are correct but keep in mind that the registration fees are much higher and over the life you are in effect paying a similar amount but not paying finance charges on the sales tax.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
In CT there is a personal property tax on vehicles. It is imposed by the municipality in which you live. Adding the CT registration fee to the personal property tax results in an amount approximately the same as the NH registration fee with its mil charges.

On top of that CT takes a 6.35% sales tax! That is a tax I shall not miss.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #9
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prides Point/Long Bay & LI,NY
Posts: 270
Thanks: 148
Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Come to Long Island, NY 8.625%


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #10
Meredith_Resident
Member
 
Meredith_Resident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Meredith, NH
Posts: 24
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Smile Bought From There Too

We purchased a 2007 Tacoma there last July and the salesman was knowledgeable, pleasant, and fast paced. They had a 6 speed SR5 which are rarely in stock used, and we were impressed with their customer service. Had to bring it back to Quick Lane the following week for a battery problem (it was 9 years old; ***NOT IRWINS' PROBLEM TECHNICALLY*** and they replaced the battery free of charge. The mechanic team was fast and friendly. I would recommend Irwin to anyone in the area looking to purchase a new or used vehicle.
__________________
In riding horses, we borrow freedom.
Meredith_Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
arthurc
Senior Member
 
arthurc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 79
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Bought there 2 years ago for a good deal. and when I went to pick up the car they tried to remove the veterans discount of $750.00. I told them to shove it. Next I emailed the owner. A few minutes later the manager called me and said I could have the car at the agreed price. and that he went to the top to get the discount. When I went to get the car, another guy told me, he got the discount for me, All the time Chris Irwin told them what to do. Ah the life of a car salesman. Love the car
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #12
ITD
Senior Member
 
ITD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Massachusetts and Moultonboro, NH
Posts: 2,072
Thanks: 309
Thanked 401 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
is another story, they don't adhere to the factory maintenance schedule. It is your responsibility as the owner to make sure the factory schedule is done.

They gave us a fantastic deal on a 2008 Avalon at Corolla price, they had lots of cars in inventory then, but I had to make sure they stick to factory recommended service.

Last year I decided to replace the cabin air filter by myself as I suspect reduced air flow. The original air filter is clogged with debris and we were charged for a new filter every year!

I brought the filter along with the debris to the service department and they acted surprise and promise they will look into it. Well I'm not going back.
That could have been a mouse nest, they build them quickly and it makes a mess. My cabin filters usually only have dust in them.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (04-17-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #13
MAXUM
Senior Member
 
MAXUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hooksett, NH & Bear Island, NH
Posts: 1,499
Thanks: 165
Thanked 1,123 Times in 407 Posts
Default

Their pricing is usually higher than most and since they are not a high volume dealer they can't compete with the big boys if you are pushing hard for the best possible price. Who cares if they are nice....?

What the sell for used leaves a lot to be desired, I've been shocked at some of the stuff I have seen on their used lot, things that anyone else would have wholesaled at the auction and once again priced sky high.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #14
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prides Point/Long Bay & LI,NY
Posts: 270
Thanks: 148
Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Their pricing is usually higher than most and since they are not a high volume dealer they can't compete with the big boys if you are pushing hard for the best possible price. Who cares if they are nice....?



What the sell for used leaves a lot to be desired, I've been shocked at some of the stuff I have seen on their used lot, things that anyone else would have wholesaled at the auction and once again priced sky high.


That's is not true. They are a pretty large volume Ford Dealer.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #15
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Breckenridge CO
Posts: 4,387
Thanks: 2,085
Thanked 781 Times in 540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
That could have been a mouse nest, they build them quickly and it makes a mess. My cabin filters usually only have dust in them.
Kind of hard to build a rodent nest with tons of grey dust and leaves, but who knows? The filter has that manufacturer scan tag on it, not the UPC barcode.

It was a bitch to get the cabin filter out of an Avalon. Probable the reason why they did not bother.
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 AM   #16
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Breckenridge CO
Posts: 4,387
Thanks: 2,085
Thanked 781 Times in 540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Their pricing is usually higher than most and since they are not a high volume dealer they can't compete with the big boys if you are pushing hard for the best possible price. Who cares if they are nice....?

What the sell for used leaves a lot to be desired, I've been shocked at some of the stuff I have seen on their used lot, things that anyone else would have wholesaled at the auction and once again priced sky high.
I have to agree on the used cars. I went with a buddy of mine who knew a friend traded in a primo Mustang GT. The salesrep says the car is going up for auction and management won't change their mind even though my buddy will pay top dollar! Go figure!
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This page was generated in 0.08752 seconds