Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Phantom

Default Speed Limit Law Amended?

I'll start this thread by saying I am not currently in the Lakes Region and have been traveling tremendously with my job of late desperately trying to check in on this GREAT Forum whenever possible ---- So perhaps I missed this being already posted.

I was told that the Speed Limit of 45 was increased to 55 in certain areas of the Lake (Broads) ....... I know that this was being proposed - but -Did this in fact pass the NH Legislation?

See you all on the Lake Memorial Day Weekend ..... can't wait!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Skip

Exclamation Discussion taking place in Speed Limits forum....

This discussion is currently taking place in THIS thread located in the SPEED LIMITS forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
NHBUOY (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Phantom

Woops --

Now that I have been relocated to this corner of the room, I see my answer posted by RL ..... me bad !

Told ya's I've been straight out traveling and can't wait to kick back this weekend -- launch boat..... cruise Lake (on last years gas) ......go broke refilling...... find a nice quiet spot, drop anchor and ENJOY
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I'll start this thread by saying I am not currently in the Lakes Region and have been traveling tremendously with my job of late desperately trying to check in on this GREAT Forum whenever possible ---- So perhaps I missed this being already posted.

I was told that the Speed Limit of 45 was increased to 55 in certain areas of the Lake (Broads) ....... I know that this was being proposed - but -Did this in fact pass the NH Legislation?

See you all on the Lake Memorial Day Weekend ..... can't wait!
If you are the same Phantom JA from the Wolfeboro forum, your spelling and grammar has not only greatly improved but you know what has transpired.

Hopefully Don will out you here as the multi-nicker you are.

Phantom, sorry for the above- on closer examination you are not the person I referred to. There is a Phantom on the Wolfeboro forums who has been involved heavily in the SL debate and is aware of the situation. I originally thought you were trolling but you are not that Phantom!

Enjoy your weekend

Last edited by VitaBene; 05-26-2011 at 12:01 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (05-23-2011), lawn psycho (05-23-2011), NHBUOY (05-23-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
ApS

Question So Why Continue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Hopefully Don will out you here as the multi-nicker you are.
Mr Bean,

You aren't very good at those kinds of determinations—and BTW—why do we continue to remain in these Winnipesaukee Speed Limit discussions?

It's been settled.

The New Hampshire Legislature's ratio of votes is moving away from detractors of the law.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (05-26-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Mr Bean,

You aren't very good at those kinds of determinations—and BTW—why do we continue to remain in these Winnipesaukee Speed Limit discussions?

It's been settled.

The New Hampshire Legislature's ratio of votes is moving away from detractors of the law.
It has been settled and I have let it go

Have a good weekend
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-27-2011), NHBUOY (05-26-2011), Skip (05-26-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
fatlazyless

You know the existing speed limits law that has been in effect since June 2008 has a section that allows for racing events, so here's hoping that an informal racing event will be set up. Maybe a Sunday morning weekly or bi-weekly get-together that's attracts a few local sponsors to help cover any expenses. Instead of going to church, people can head out to the broads for the Sunday morning race to get their need-for-speed racing rush! Big fast boats have been roaring around Winnipesaukee since the 1930's and the law allows for race events so it seems like there should be something like a two hour, NINE-am to ELEVEN time slot and a place for the fast boats.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-27-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You know the existing speed limits law that has been in effect since June 2008 has a section that allows for racing events, so here's hoping that an informal racing event will be set up. Maybe a Sunday morning weekly or bi-weekly get-together that's attracts a few local sponsors to help cover any expenses. Instead of going to church, people can head out to the broads for the Sunday morning race to get their need-for-speed racing rush! Big fast boats have been roaring around Winnipesaukee since the 1930's and the law allows for race events so it seems like there should be something like a two hour, NINE-am to ELEVEN time slot and a place for the fast boats.
FLL,

A Sunday “two hour, NINE-am to ELEVEN time slot” is not a good time for racing on the Broads. I Kayak at that time each Sunday so I need my space. I sail a lot on Sundays after twelve o’clock so the afternoon isn’t good either.

If you take a look at the map below you will see that the North Atlantic Ocean isn’t that far from Lake Winnipesaukee….therefore….why not hold the racing events there? They wouldn’t have to pick a special time for it, they could use it anytime, 7 days a week, 24 hrs. a day. Also look at the size difference between the Lake and the Ocean, you don’t have to be genius to know the Ocean is a better place.

They could have a picnic at the Isle of Shoals. Pack the cooler with their favorite beverage and have a merry old time. I understand it’s good fishing between the shore line and the Shoals also.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
Chimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
FLL,

A Sunday “two hour, NINE-am to ELEVEN time slot” is not a good time for racing on the Broads. I Kayak at that time each Sunday so I need my space. I sail a lot on Sundays after twelve o’clock so the afternoon isn’t good either.

If you take a look at the map below you will see that the North Atlantic Ocean isn’t that far from Lake Winnipesaukee….therefore….why not hold the racing events there? They wouldn’t have to pick a special time for it, they could use it anytime, 7 days a week, 24 hrs. a day. Also look at the size difference between the Lake and the Ocean, you don’t have to be genius to know the Ocean is a better place.

They could have a picnic at the Isle of Shoals. Pack the cooler with their favorite beverage and have a merry old time. I understand it’s good fishing between the shore line and the Shoals also.

Rusty, the kayaking is great in the ocean - why not go there? it's only an hour away. You could paddle to the Isles of Shoals, pack your cooler with your favorite beverage and have a grand old time. You might even toss a line over the side and catch some fish for dinner. Hope you have fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chimi For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (05-27-2011), Ryan (05-27-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
NHBUOY

...Hey FLL..I like your idea, BUT, I think there are too many reasons (safety/logistics nightmare) a weekly session wouldn't fly...FYI...check out the Lake of the Ozarks shootout...a 2-3 day high-speed event...big fast boats, biiig $$$$...as an aside, seems to me the sailboats are out there during their "regattas" (name for a slow boat race)......most weekends...just sayin......
Old 05-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs up Squam Lake

Kayaking and canoeing is much better over on Squam Lake. No Mt Washington, Sophie C, Doris E, and the other Summa Humma to tip you over. There is no wide open spaces for waves to get 3 feet high. There are no landowners telling you to 'get out of my back yard'. the water has much less turbidity and the local folks are a heck of a lot friendlier.

I propose that we close Lake Winni to any boating activities. The motor driven boats are to go to the ocean. The human powered boats are to go to Squam Lake. That way EVERYBODY will be happy!

Just like what the Abenaki Indians like Bear Islander would have envision.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #12
pm203

Quote:
FLL,

So, let everbody compromise so not to upset your kayak schedule. I can see why the word "entitled" is used quite often today to describe people like you .
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
So, let everbody compromise so not to upset your kayak schedule. I can see why the word "entitled" is used quite often today to describe people like you .
You could say that I am "entitled" to not be chopped in half by a GFBL cowboy who thinks that I'm just a speed bump!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #14
pm203

Quote:
You could say that I am "entitled" to not be chopped in half by a GFBL cowboy who thinks that I'm just a speed bump!
I absolutely would agree with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to pm203 For This Useful Post:
Rusty (08-14-2011)