Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
chasedawg

Default Hey rocks!!

I give up...Here we go again! Pier 19 store is open and boats we haven't seen before since the store closed are blowing by through the NWZ and on the wrong side of the clearly black and white markers. BAM..BOM...BAM!!!

We and our neighbors try to alert this boaters but they have not clue. One guy as I was waving to him and calling ROCKS!! He and his wife waved back as they destroyed they lower unit. What I don't understand when they hit...they power up which makes it even worst. None of them...none of them stop or even check their props or even more important checking bilge for leakage.

These are nice new boats with mostly families on board. This happens several times a week and on weekends I could not give a guess. Are these all rental boats? I have seen some that would not be rentals.

Any suggestions what we can do to help warn people beyond what we have done. Several years ago a friend who lives in Wolfeboro place red painted clorox bottles to help identify the rocks. Those didn't last long because the MP came and scooped them up.

I think I will just let them slam and bam their boats from now on...so sad to witness....
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Jdarby (08-03-2020)