Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Rangervx

Default Speaking of ramps...

i've been using the ramp at the libby (since i am in winter harbor) for quite some many years...and this year it was in crappy shape, at best. i did unload and load OK...but one of the pads was in bad shape...concrete broken and re-bar sticking out. my question... is there another ramp in winter harbor...maybe on the M-borough side??? i am just not aware of one. closest that i know of is w-boro town docks. i wont be using until October, but with the water lower then...don't know if it will be usable. they re-did that ramp (new pads) maybe 7-8 years ago (??) but it needs work. just curious
Rangervx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangervx View Post
i've been using the ramp at the libby (since i am in winter harbor) for quite some many years...and this year it was in crappy shape, at best. i did unload and load OK...but one of the pads was in bad shape...concrete broken and re-bar sticking out. my question... is there another ramp in winter harbor...maybe on the M-borough side??? i am just not aware of one. closest that i know of is w-boro town docks. i wont be using until October, but with the water lower then...don't know if it will be usable. they re-did that ramp (new pads) maybe 7-8 years ago (??) but it needs work. just curious
I have launched at Libby for years as well. W-Boro town docks is the closest ramp to Winter Harbor that I know of. There is a dock, breakwater building and repair company that uses the Libby ramp to load heavy equipment, backhoes, Stone, etc on their barge. Maybe they broke the slabs with their weight. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Lake Fan

Or you could head north from Winter Harbor and use the Union Wharf ramp at 19 Mile Bay. It was in good shape the last time I looked at it.
Lake Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
MJM

Default Back Bay

If you can fit under the bridge, the ramp in Wolfeboro's back bay is in good shape, is nice and wide, and not super-busy.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote