Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #101
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post

Why can't you enjoy your hobby? You'll just have to do so at a little slower speed.

If competitions are limited to a top speed of 43.2 mph, why can't you enjoy your hobby at speeds up to 45 mph?
Perhaps Broadhopper has little feet or a fat a$$ and 43.2 mph is to slow to stay up. Gee I wonder if they consider this an insult
Old 07-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #102
hazelnut

This is AWESOME

Best thread of the year.

Evenstar please just do the entire community a HUGE favor and stop reading/posting etc.

This thread was humorous in nature and it is completely obvious that you do not possess a funny bone. Take a kayak ride to Wal-Mart and purchase one.

Keep em coming folks.... good stuff all around.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #103
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Now I'm getting nervous.....I'm affraid Evenstar and her partner might look some of us up and kick our butts. Gee......we were only kidding....we're sorry!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #104
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Now I'm getting nervous.....I'm affraid Evenstar and her partner might look some of us up and kick our butts. Gee......we were only kidding....we're sorry!
C'Mon, admit it. You have a dark repressed fantasy to be "paddled" by Evenstar and her buddy...
Old 07-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #105
Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
...I'm affraid Evenstar and her partner might look some of us up and kick our butts. ... sorry!
Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind!

I don't know why I keep reading this thread. Maybe it's a great example of how immature people can get when protected by the anonymity of the 'net. I am just morbidly fascinated by so many folks regressing back to 2nd grade emotionalism. lol.

Or else you guys just love the drama!

Since Don hasn't shut it down yet I guess he must be laughing his transom off at the show too. In that case, keep up the good work, folks! The man deserves some entertainment too.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #106
bigpatsfan

Default My final thought on the Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so! thread

I disagree with the statement that kayakers have “won”. I believe that kayakers actually “lost”. What the speed limit law is going to do, is to allow boaters to “feel” safer on the big lake. This increased sense of safety will significantly boost the total number of boats on the lake. Of course with more boats come more accidents, more wake damage etc. The end result is the ability to enjoy a quiet kayak ride on the big lake has significantly been reduced with the new speed limit law. I do not believe was the kayaker's intent. So kayakers lost and so did the boaters. The only one that won is the State as they will collect more money for both increased boat registrations and speeding tickets.

As for the "Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so!" post, I do not believe that this thread started out with a goal to hurt or damage kayakers. “The ability to laugh at oneself is a sign of confidence”

Thirdly, to the kayakers, don’t you find your statements “that there is no evidence” on what the kayaker was doing ironic as that is what the speed limit opponents are saying when they say there is no evidence that speeding is an issue.

Even with everything that was posted, I still like kayaking and kayakers and still like boaters and go fast boaters. I took the thread as what it was supposed to be,
Old 07-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #107
brk-lnt

That thread was a lot of fun, but it was closed. It's usually not a good idea to try re-ignite a closed thread by starting another one about the same stuff.

Take the thread closing as an indication that the subject is done being discussed.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #108
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpatsfan View Post
I disagree with the statement that kayakers have “won”. I believe that kayakers actually “lost”. What the speed limit law is going to do, is to allow boaters to “feel” safer on the big lake. This increased sense of safety will significantly boost the total number of boats on the lake. Of course with more boats come more accidents, more wake damage etc. The end result is the ability to enjoy a quiet kayak ride on the big lake has significantly been reduced with the new speed limit law. I do not believe was the kayaker's intent. So kayakers lost and so did the boaters. The only one that won is the State as they will collect more money for both increased boat registrations and speeding tickets.

As for the "Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so!" post, I do not believe that this thread started out with a goal to hurt or damage kayakers. “The ability to laugh at oneself is a sign of confidence”

Thirdly, to the kayakers, don’t you find your statements “that there is no evidence” on what the kayaker was doing ironic as that is what the speed limit opponents are saying when they say there is no evidence that speeding is an issue.

Even with everything that was posted, I still like kayaking and kayakers and still like boaters and go fast boaters. I took the thread as what it was supposed to be,
Your theory that a speed limit will increase the number of accidents and make the lake less safe is openly ridiculous. Your logic is twisted and convoluted beyond recognition. By your way of thinking our highways and roads would be safer if we eliminated all speed limits.

How do you explain the fact that it has not worked out your way on any of the other lakes that have enacted speed limits?

As to you third point. When the opposition claims there is "no evidence that speeding is an issue" they are either lying or misinformed. There is plenty of evidence. You may disagree that a speed limit is the solution. However to say that the evidence does not exist is idiotic.

The evidence has been presented, you have read it, therefore it "exists".
Old 07-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #109
bigpatsfan

brk-lnt you are correct and consider this my last post on this subject

Bear Islander i would love to respond but brk-lnt is correct.. this is a closed thread.

bye
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #110
JDeere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpatsfan View Post
I disagree with the statement that kayakers have “won”. I believe that kayakers actually “lost”. What the speed limit law is going to do, is to allow boaters to “feel” safer on the big lake. This increased sense of safety will significantly boost the total number of boats on the lake. Of course with more boats come more accidents, more wake damage etc.

Your logic is simply amazing. Maybe if we suspend all boating laws and make it mandatory to travel at speeds of 45 mph+, while drinking a beer, talking on your cell and towing a barefoot skier we can all relax because then the lake will be truly more dangerous THEREFORE safer.

Did I get that right?