Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
BigMac

Default Wolfeboro Trails

I got the OK from the Wolfeboro club to try out the trails today with my family. We rode out from the Windrifter heading north across the golf coarse. The trail at the end of the golf coarse could use an arrow back into the woods since the crossing you can see before hitting the trees is not being used and there is only one pink ribbon across that part of the trail. Not being familiar with the trail I started to go the wrong way but stopped just in time to not hit the string. At the first junction we headed towards Ossipee and found some downed trees. One was just too big for me to move off the trail so we turned around and tried going towards the RR tracks. One fork in the trail lead to a huge tree across the trail and the other went to Cresent Lake which looked frozen, but we stayed safe and turned around. Headed back through the golf coarse and headed down towards the lake but the trail Ts into an unplowed road and it was not clear which way to go. Plus the ruts from trucks driving up and down the road made for tippy going. With more snow to allow grooming and some trees moved this would have made to an enjoyable place to ride out from. Maybe after all this snow it will work out better.
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
trfour

Default BigMac...

Hang in there, trying to ride this early in the season can be a tough sled. Hopefully we will get enough snow to ride here this year!

Keep the faith, and don't be afraid to do a little dance!
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
BigMac

Default Trailering North

Thanks Terry - hopefully that will happen soon. Me and the kids are doing the snow dance now.

On another note, we got two good rides up on Bear Notch Road. A little bit of a drive, but there was enough snow and everthing was groomed reasonably well considering the early season.

- Alex
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
trfour

Default Good To Hear From You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
Thanks Terry - hopefully that will happen soon. Me and the kids are doing the snow dance now.

On another note, we got two good rides up on Bear Notch Road. A little bit of a drive, but there was enough snow and everthing was groomed reasonably well considering the early season.

- Alex
Alex, my hope is that you and yours stay safe this winter and enjoy this New Year and beyond! Some of the best riding that this antique 'from the tip of my toes on up to my eyeballs' has ever enjoyed was and will be right here in the Lakes Region!
Happy Trails to you, and many more Happy New Years!
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote