Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Mopsymonroe

Default Rattlesnake Island Association Lot

Hi everyone ... has been a lot of fun reading these forums for a few months. There's a lot of good, helpful information.

We are looking into several lake properties, and have been considering one of the properties available on Rattlesnake. We understand that the Rattlesnake Island Association has a mainland lot for residents and guests to launch, park and short-term dock. Have been looking on the internet for a little more information on this ... would call one of the realtors but at the moment we'd like to poke around on our own and get the straight dope from any rattlesnake owners. (Having an agent tell us he's never known anyone to have any problems would not quite be an answer, if you know what I mean.)

Are there ever any problems with space availability in season? Are there additional membership/parking fees (in addition to regular association dues)? Winter storage space available for trailered boats?

Any other helpful information is indeed much appreciated.

We haven't purchased a boat yet, either, so whether we go with a rattlesnake property or one on another island, the answers to these questions might help us continue to sort through the decision making process.

Grateful for any shared experiences, Mopsy
Mopsymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
jkjoshuatree

Default Mopsy...

...I'm not trying to talk you out of buying island property but I just want to let you know that it's a HUGE difference compared to mainland property.

-Seasonal
-Trash removal
-A lot of lugging stuff back and forth
-Relying on neighbors for little stuff (milk, sugar, etc.)
-Need a boat (most of us have 2-one for recreation and a second in case of emergency if boat one is being used)
-Storage fees/registration/insurance for said boat(s)
-Very strict building guidelines

Those are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the differences. I'm sure other Winni.com people can add to them.

But that being said, my family has had a place on Bear Island for 37 years and we wouldn't trade it for mainland property for all the money in the world.

Life is just different on an island. And that's the best difference. But you'll realize that if/when you have your own place.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what you decide.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
jkjoshuatree

Default Forgot The Most Important Part Of My Reply...

...talk to Rattlesnake Guy and/or Gal. They're extremely kind and helpful and they kind of have an "in" with Rattlesnake Island info.
Rattlesnake Guy (07-30-2010)
Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Mopsymonroe

Wink

JKJoshuaTree, thanks for your honesty! Yes, we have been circling this decision for some time and you are accurate. Fortunately we've stayed on island property several times as non-owners ... we know it's quite different from being an owner, but we've definitely hauled our share of trash and recycling down to the docks and carried groceries back up, shut up the house again for the owners, etc.

Our great experiences were why we decided to make the jump from being renters and guests to becoming owners ourselves. Huge learning curve ahead for us? You bet we know it. No question lots of $$$ and work.

We've been sort of looking around for years ... just this year decided we might finally get the ball rolling and go for our own place so have been going around with the realtors and asking tons of questions
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
jkjoshuatree

Default Good For You!!

That's so great to hear that you rented first and then decided to buy. Hope I didn't come off as an arrogant know-it-all. Just wanted to let you know what island life is like.

But all the work is definitely worth it!

Good luck!!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
But that being said, my family has had a place on Bear Island for 37 years and we wouldn't trade it for mainland property for all the money in the world.
At first I started reading your post and was thinking that you had never experienced island life but you recovered well

Island life is unique for sure. It has its ups and down. Overall I think it is the way to go for a vacation property. It forces you to get out on the lake (in all types of weather, and let me tell you I have been out in some bad stuff!). Leaving the dock on a Friday night and heading out for the weekend seems so surreal. There are times that it separates the adventurous from the meek.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Mopsymonroe

Smile

Well, in all fairness, I admit we still don't have all our ducks in a row just yet. But, we are lining them up.

For one, as I said, we don't yet own a boat. We previously used water taxis or the boats of friends/family, driven by them, not by us. Neither my husband or I have our boating licenses yet. Just the course materials, and I've had a little sailing experience (a week's day classes last year). We may not actually buy a boat until next spring. But, we do have family currently on the lake, and if we buy something before fall, we may mooch or contribute for some transportation off of them if we are up same weekends. Or do a water taxi for the time being.

In two of the properties we have looked at, there's the possibility of including the owners' boat with the sale, one of them on rattlesnake, where I guess they use the famed association lot for it ... so just wanted to poke around on that account.

We are thinking of buying property soon only because it seems there are a few more motivated sellers towards the end of season, and the market seems to have ticked up a little lately. A few property prices have seen new reductions just in the time we've been looking. We've seen 7 places on the market, not counting places we've previously stayed, which help a lot in adding to the comparison shopping.

Oh, I wanted to add - I know I'm new - but if we do move in, we'll try to be good neighbors, not some of the kind I see getting the eye rolls in these forums!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
robmac

Welcome to the Forum, anywhere on the lake is fantastic. Myself I would stay on the mainland only because when guests come I would be the water taxi. But my ultimate would be island living,just so I know who's coming. Good luck.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Newbiesaukee

Welcome and don't worry about the eyerolls which are only in the eye of the beholder anyway.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #10
jkjoshuatree

Default Robmac...

That's one of the best advantages of having island property...guests can't just "show up"! Unless they really like to swim...lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
Welcome to the Forum, anywhere on the lake is fantastic. Myself I would stay on the mainland only because when guests come I would be the water taxi. But my ultimate would be island living,just so I know who's coming. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
Rattlesnake Guy

Mopsymonroe,
Welcome to the forum and to your quest. My wife and I are enjoying our eighth season on Rattlesnake Island. We would like to invite you to be our guest and get a tour of the island. The island is the third or forth biggest on the lake and has about 180 lots, is about 2 miles long and 4 miles around.

We can pick you up and explain an awful lot about the ins and outs of what we have learned. We love Island living but are sure it is not for everyone. I can't think of a better way to get an understanding of the island than a sight seeing tour around it. I will send you a personal message with contact info if you are interested.

Again, welcome and good luck with your journey.
Rattlesnake Guy and Rattlesnake Gal
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Darn it there is competition out there!!! Mopsymonroe you are pursuing the exact same thing I am, a piece of island property. I can't give you any advice per say, heck I've not even gone so far as to rent a place just to see what it's like, but I can tell you that I don't need to because the lure of "being away from it all" is good enough for me, along with the lower initial price.

So since you brought the subject up I've also got some questions in regards to the Rattlesnake Is Assoc some of which you brought up. I believe there are other islands that may too have associations although I have not yet gotten far enough into my search as of yet to discover which others may or may not.

So if anyone would be willing to field a few questions I have I'd greatly appreciate it as well and getting first hand advice on how you handle basic logistics would be really helpful too. I've been thinking about this for years now and have some ideas on how I'd do some things, but first hand experience is worth a heck of a lot more than my speculation. I'm not yet to the point of making an offer on anything, just starting out making inquiries....

At least I'm a couple steps ahead of you Mopsymonroe, already got a boat and have sleds for the winter time.

Best of luck in your pursuit and you're smart to tap into this forum. There are a lot of really nice and very helpful folks on here.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
jkjoshuatree

Wink Maxum...

I have a place on Bear Island and although I can't answer the "lot" questions regarding Rattlesnake, I can try to answer any other questions you have about island living.

Best way to get in touch with me is at jkjoshuatree1@hotmail.com or you can just respond on here if you don't mind your questions being public.
MAXUM (08-01-2010)
Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
hancoveguy

Default Quick question

Just had a quick question...
We are in an association on the mainland and they are seasonal (May-Oct). The main obstcale is the water being shut off. Aside from the obvious issue of access, is this the case in most island situations as well? If you could get access in the winter months, sled, late boatride (December etc) could you use the place in the winter?

thanks
HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
jkjoshuatree

Default Island Water Is Seasonal Too...

We pull the water (a hose runs right into the lake to feed water to a pump and from there to the sinks and shower) the weekend we close (usually late November).

Although we have been up there for Thanksgiving. Ate everything off paper/plastic and cooked the turkey in one of those huge tin foil tins. The walk after dinner (which the whole family went on) amongst the fallen leaves on a brisk November day was something I'll never forget.

It really depends on when it gets cold enough for the water in the pipes to freeze (not the lake). We have to flush/drain all the water from the pipes when it starts getting too cold. That's when we know the season is over.

We've also been up there in February for a couple of days (one night). Chopped a hole in the ice, carried five gallon buckets up to the cottage to flush the toilet, wash dishes (after the water was heated on the stove), and taken a very chilly sponge bath (now you know why we stayed only 1 night).

So ideally, having a place on an island is a 6-8 (at best) month season. Something to think of if you're thinking of buying island property. My dad starts getting "itchy" to be back at the lake right after the chaos of the holidays. And he's there the first weekend after "ice-out" to open her up again.

Although I do know a gentleman who lives on Bear Island year round. He must have a generator or something to heat water for bathing...unless he's just really smelly for 4-5 months.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsymonroe View Post
Hi everyone ... has been a lot of fun reading these forums for a few months. There's a lot of good, helpful information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsymonroe View Post

We are looking into several lake properties, and have been considering one of the properties available on Rattlesnake. We understand that the Rattlesnake Island Association has a mainland lot for residents and guests to launch, park and short-term dock. Have been looking on the internet for a little more information on this ... would call one of the realtors but at the moment we'd like to poke around on our own and get the straight dope from any rattlesnake owners. (Having an agent tell us he's never known anyone to have any problems would not quite be an answer, if you know what I mean.)>>

Are there ever any problems with space availability in season? Are there additional membership/parking fees (in addition to regular association dues)? Winter storage space available for trailered boats?>>

Any other helpful information is indeed much appreciated.>>

We haven't purchased a boat yet, either, so whether we go with a rattlesnake property or one on another island, the answers to these questions might help us continue to sort through the decision making process. >>
>>
Grateful for any shared experiences, Mopsy

The Rattlesnake association has a lot on the mainland with a locked ramp two docks for pickup and drop off, parking for a dozen cars plus. In addition a lot up the hill with much more parking for cars, trailers and a few boats. This lot now has a locked section. All the members have parking passes for themselves and guest.

Most of the year the lower lot has parking available except for the busiest weekends. Because the island has 180 lots this would suggest that most of us do not use this lot for our daily launch. A few marinas to choose from on this end of the lake.

We pay a very reasonable association fee which covers the maintenance of the lots and the taxes on the common land we have in the center of the island. You can pay a one time fee to get a trailer pass. Lots of us keep trailers in the locked lot for the summer. A few keep boats there for the winter.

I would be happy to answer any more questions. We got very lucky with where we bought and have learned a lot over our 8 seasons. We love this place.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #17
MAXUM

I remember about 10 years ago my brother was looking at a place that was for sale on RI, and the topic of the assoc came up. He opted not to buy partially because it was island property but he really did not like the assoc arrangement and for the life of me I don't recall the details. Of course I asked a listing agent about the specifics of the association and all I got was the mainland access and other than that it's no big deal. Um OK that may work for some but not me. Now don't get me wrong that's great and a HUGE thing that makes property on the island somewhat desirable over other islands. The question is what are the association's annual fees? I seem to recall that all properties on the island have membership in the association deeded? I also seemed to recall and I think this is what my brother did not like, any property transaction the association could have a hand in, I don't remember if it's some sort of approval process or what. I'm also assuming that there are some sort of covenants that may also be in play but can't get any specific details on any of this stuff. I guess these are unreasonable questions to ask the listing agent. After all I'm sure the market for the million dollar homes is keeping them way to busy to deal with a small time guy like myself

That's OK though, don't need to spend a million to get a piece of the pie which in my opinion is priceless unless you're on a budget!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #18
MAXUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
We pull the water (a hose runs right into the lake to feed water to a pump and from there to the sinks and shower) the weekend we close (usually late November).

Although we have been up there for Thanksgiving. Ate everything off paper/plastic and cooked the turkey in one of those huge tin foil tins. The walk after dinner (which the whole family went on) amongst the fallen leaves on a brisk November day was something I'll never forget.

It really depends on when it gets cold enough for the water in the pipes to freeze (not the lake). We have to flush/drain all the water from the pipes when it starts getting too cold. That's when we know the season is over.

We've also been up there in February for a couple of days (one night). Chopped a hole in the ice, carried five gallon buckets up to the cottage to flush the toilet, wash dishes (after the water was heated on the stove), and taken a very chilly sponge bath (now you know why we stayed only 1 night).

So ideally, having a place on an island is a 6-8 (at best) month season. Something to think of if you're thinking of buying island property. My dad starts getting "itchy" to be back at the lake right after the chaos of the holidays. And he's there the first weekend after "ice-out" to open her up again.

Although I do know a gentleman who lives on Bear Island year round. He must have a generator or something to heat water for bathing...unless he's just really smelly for 4-5 months.
If I do get so lucky as to pick up a place winter time use would be frequent, but clearly facilities are non existent that time of year. All I'd care about is having a well insulated place with wood stove, possibly pellet cause it's easy to keep the place somewhat warm inside. Can't have a place like that and not host at least a few snowmobile camps right? I'd expect and have seen thus far most places (in my price range) are not insulated or poorly insulated so that's something that can be done at a later time. I am weighing buying a lot and building myself which would probably take a couple years to complete but I could do it my way and be sure it's done right.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
Lucky1

I think I have read posts where people want to be able to get over to their island but cannot do so? Ice is not yet out but is not safe to walk on or drive on either comes to mind? Some on here live on islands that are really not islands as they have bridges.
If you do not know boats at all, how will all of this work? Do you prefer an island even if a mainland property were the same price or affordable for you? I know nothing about islands but there sure are a lot of happy island people on Winni Forum. Have you ever rented on the mainland?
Hope that you find your dream home but do take your time. We almost purchased several homes over more than a decade but am sure glad that we did not. This is simple but feels like heaven. That is what you want in the end so do take your time especially if you are new to a lot of the things. Are there any year round rentals? Act in haste, lament at leisure. Good luck to you.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
nhd

Default When you go to buy....

My family and I have been living on an island since 1968. I am currently working at Prudential Spencer-Hughes in Alton, and specializing in island property. I would love to show you around the island properties (either land or camps) and all they have to offer and also the drawbacks (few in my mind!) and the benefits of island living....

When you want to look be sure to check out the website www.spencerhughes.com and call the Alton office 603 875-2020 and ask for Nancy DePorter.
nhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #21
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I remember about 10 years ago my brother was looking at a place that was for sale on RI, and the topic of the assoc came up. He opted not to buy partially because it was island property but he really did not like the assoc arrangement and for the life of me I don't recall the details. Of course I asked a listing agent about the specifics of the association and all I got was the mainland access and other than that it's no big deal. Um OK that may work for some but not me. Now don't get me wrong that's great and a HUGE thing that makes property on the island somewhat desirable over other islands. The question is what are the association's annual fees? I seem to recall that all properties on the island have membership in the association deeded? I also seemed to recall and I think this is what my brother did not like, any property transaction the association could have a hand in, I don't remember if it's some sort of approval process or what. I'm also assuming that there are some sort of covenants that may also be in play but can't get any specific details on any of this stuff. I guess these are unreasonable questions to ask the listing agent. After all I'm sure the market for the million dollar homes is keeping them way to busy to deal with a small time guy like myself

That's OK though, don't need to spend a million to get a piece of the pie which in my opinion is priceless unless you're on a budget!
Our 8th year and we have never really had any dealings with the association. We have not gone to an annual meeting. We pay our $160 per year per lot. There are some covenants but nothing like the State's water front rules. The one that might effect some is the rule against renting our camps. But, I can't imagine it would be enforced unless it was causing hart burn for someone.

The $160 fee covers the common lot, maintenance, and taxes to the town of Alton on the many many acres of land in the middle of the island which we all own in common.

We have bought two lots now and both had to be passed through the association for right to first refusal. These were routine sign offs and seem to insure that the fees are paid up before the approval is given. Seems only fair.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #22
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
If I do get so lucky as to pick up a place winter time use would be frequent, but clearly facilities are non existent that time of year. All I'd care about is having a well insulated place with wood stove, possibly pellet cause it's easy to keep the place somewhat warm inside. Can't have a place like that and not host at least a few snowmobile camps right? I'd expect and have seen thus far most places (in my price range) are not insulated or poorly insulated so that's something that can be done at a later time. I am weighing buying a lot and building myself which would probably take a couple years to complete but I could do it my way and be sure it's done right.
The mainland lots are still available in the winter for sledding activities. Many island residents come out. We know of 2 who come out by air boat during the in between times. Some places are not insulated but other like ours are like a regular house with insulation. I don't know the stats of how many are. If I had plans to spend much time out here in the winter I might consider a generator back up as I doubt that restoring the power in the winter would be a high priority for the Electric Coop. I would also put some effort into the water system so you could have freeze proof water supply during the winter. We don't come out in the winter.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #23
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
I think I have read posts where people want to be able to get over to their island but cannot do so? Ice is not yet out but is not safe to walk on or drive on either comes to mind? Some on here live on islands that are really not islands as they have bridges.
If you do not know boats at all, how will all of this work? Do you prefer an island even if a mainland property were the same price or affordable for you? I know nothing about islands but there sure are a lot of happy island people on Winni Forum. Have you ever rented on the mainland?
Hope that you find your dream home but do take your time. We almost purchased several homes over more than a decade but am sure glad that we did not. This is simple but feels like heaven. That is what you want in the end so do take your time especially if you are new to a lot of the things. Are there any year round rentals? Act in haste, lament at leisure. Good luck to you.
Not being able to come to the camp by car in the winter IS THE BIGGEST DRAWBACK TO ISLAND LIVING FOR US. We would love to be able to make a few trips to hang out and enjoy the winter. When we bought the mainland price was about 300% more for similar properties. We rented on the mainland for a week before we bought and enjoyed that too. For us, having no car is a good thing. We spend better quality time with the family. One negative to consider on the island property compared to the mainland is a bit more coordination in the spring and fall to open and close the essential stuff in a short time. In other words we have to get the dock, and water going in a single day to make it work. We then have to back out and close in a single day. Things like blowing out the water lines, pulling the line out of the lake, bringing home things that might freeze, lift the docks. All this kind of has to happen in a single day or weekend. We have made changes to make the process easier and easier each year. Each time we do it we think, what could we do to make this a little easier or result in a better ending. That first day and last day are getting easier and easier as I get older and older. That keeps it about equal. Someday I will have to hire help.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #24
jrc

Maxum don't forget that most real estate agents work for the seller. They have no incentive to help you find something about the property you might not like. I'm not saying they will hide stuff, but they don't have to dig either.

When you see an interesting property, look up the deed history on nhdeeds.com. The deeded covenants should be in there and the association rules should be as well. I would never even bid on property with deed restrictions, without understanding them. There is some crazy stuff in deeds around the lake.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
MAXUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
The mainland lots are still available in the winter for sledding activities. Many island residents come out. We know of 2 who come out by air boat during the in between times. Some places are not insulated but other like ours are like a regular house with insulation. I don't know the stats of how many are. If I had plans to spend much time out here in the winter I might consider a generator back up as I doubt that restoring the power in the winter would be a high priority for the Electric Coop. I would also put some effort into the water system so you could have freeze proof water supply during the winter. We don't come out in the winter.
Good to know the mainland lots are available in the winter time so that makes a place available to park the truck and sled trailer. Good point about loss of power, never even came to mind, but I can see where that can and does happen and restoration would be slow coming. Generator backup is a good idea, just put one in at my house. For winter time use, I'm good with not having any running water. If I need it there the lake, if to much of a pain melting snow on the stove would work too. Do that on my wood stove at home here when I've lost power in the past. Matter of fact I wouldn't have even bothered with the generator, but the wife doesn't appreciate ruffing it to much. How often do you guys loose power?

To bad you don't head out on the lake in the winter time. Great time of the year to be out and about. Tons of awesome trails in the area and of course when the lake is frozen up real good, it's great.

Hmm $160 per year seems pretty reasonable considering the return benefit. Ah the first right of refusal I think is what raised the red flag. So is there anywhere that I can go to get the details on how that works? The rental restriction is also good to know. I have given the thought to possibly renting a week or two per year only to folks that I personally know to off set the taxes but like you said there is "renting" to somebody that you know versus putting the place up to a total stranger. Since the assoc specifically discourages this I'd respect that.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #26
trfour

Default Dear Rattlesnake G&G...

Quote:

The wonderful things about living here year round, and Not letting the winter months get in the way, so to speak, is being able to get across the frozen Lake and on up into her surrounding mountains to take in the plentiful views. When you get there, you will get some of them UFO sightings, that most have not seen, among other things.
Taxes are going UP, we are spending Billions in Outer planetary exploration, however, in my opinion, the Lakes Region will give you, not only, a better view, dollar for dollar, The Lakes Region IS. And we have patience for those whom do not.

OKay, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Spending, other than getti'n there, and Doing that!

I would however invite the many ratchet Jaws to take another look at what it is right here!
Oh, the summer folks are a plenty, I Do still snowmobile with the best up there, especially In The Mountains. 'The Great Spirit will always be'.
From The Hights!
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #27
ApS

Question Two "Heads-Up" Items...

Quote:
"...One negative to consider on the island property compared to the mainland is a bit more coordination in the spring and fall to open and close the essential stuff in a short time...That first day and last day are getting easier and easier as I get older and older. That keeps it about equal. Someday I will have to hire help..."
At one of the northern-most Rattlesnake Island locations, I saw a 4" diameter steel pipe being driven into the end of a new breakwater during that breakwater's construction phase. This was a Broads-side lot, and what appeared to be a steel casing was driven into the lake bed.

This was about six years ago, but it could have been an even older recollection—maybe within the last ten years.

I thought it might have been reinforcement for the new breakwater, but could it have been for a well for allowing year-round water? (Saving a few hours at closing-up time?)

Quote:
"...the first right of refusal I think is what raised the red flag. So is there anywhere that I can go to get the details on how that works...?"
My immediate neighbors had "first right of refusal" on an abutting ~2-acre lot, but lost that 2001 case in the NH Supreme Court—and subsequently, their own two lots . (Today, I have three McMansions for neighbors. )

Their attorney later lost his license to practice law—PM me for details.

It could have been the way the deed was written as their particular "first right of refusal" was written around 1952.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #28
nhd

As a realtor I should point out that as a buyer's agent we do not work for the seller and we are required to point out defects that we know about not to hide things as jrc states. If we are working with a buyer that is our client that is to whom our responsibilities lie.
In any case I am willing to work with a buyer on island properties since I have been on the Lake for most of my life and worked here, grew up here, played here all while living on an island. My love of island living is what drew me into real estate.
Nancy
nhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #29
oliviernh

Default Just my two cents...

We have a place on Rattlesnake and LOVE it! However Just two other items you should consider. If you are going to purchase on Rattlesnake on the Broads side the weather can create havoc for boating. If your boating skills are not that good it can be a real challenge, even at times making it impossible to get to or leave your place. The waves can be so large that it can be terrifying for even the most experienced boater. Island Girl has some nice pictures in the gallery under "weather" which shows how large the waves can get (I'd copy and post here if I knew how)!! I have personally seen two of my neighbors boats sunk from the waves.

The second factor is everything on the islands cost MORE!! Not just marginally more but alot more! Building especially and if you decide you might want to build look into costs before you buy the property!

My wife is also a real estate agent and we are at the lake most weekends. If you would like to talk to her and be shown around we would be happy to take you out. PM me for contact info. Of course RG's offer is very very good and shows the kinds of people/neighbors on Rattlesnake!
oliviernh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #30
MAXUM

Far as Rattlesnake goes, I don't think being on the broads side is anything I would be adventurous enough to go after. The fact it can get extremely rough is a drawback I'm well aware of, but also because most places on that side are cliff dwellings with pretty elaborate stairs to get to the camp. I realize that the logistics of having island property is challenging enough, location and property layout play a big part in any decision I would make there. So my interest in Rattlesnake is somewhat limited but it's good to know how things work in the even something pops up there I may seriously consider.

JRC, I know the drill on real estate agents, way I work is simple if I find something I like I contact the listing agent directly and go from there. With the internet and direct access to the MLS on line the only reason to use a buyers agent is if you don't want to do the leg work, don't live nearby or think you might get a crack at something before it hits the MLS. My observation still stands though a couple listing agents I've communicated with have not been overly helpful in giving up the information on property that THEY REPRESENT. That does a disservice to their clients IMHO, has nothing to do with me expecting a significant amount of help from them. Maybe they don't take my inquiry seriously. Don't know never been in their shoes so it's hard to tell what they deal with on a day to day basis.

Oh well it's all good, hopefully I'll find something, but until then I have my portable waterfront (boat) to tie me over.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Maxum don't forget that most real estate agents work for the seller. They have no incentive to help you find something about the property you might not like. I'm not saying they will hide stuff, but they don't have to dig either.

When you see an interesting property, look up the deed history on nhdeeds.com. The deeded covenants should be in there and the association rules should be as well. I would never even bid on property with deed restrictions, without understanding them. There is some crazy stuff in deeds around the lake.
You are right about the crazy stuff in deeds. When we bought a lot from our neighbor we were very surprised that the previous transaction had the provision added as follows. That the seller maintained the right to have 1 picnic per year on the lot "if" they provided a lobster dinner and wine for the new owner during said picnic. I don't know if the guy is still alive but we keep hoping some crazy old man is going to show up some day with a lobster and a bottle of wine. The clause was continued into the revised wording of the new deed.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #32
dowshill

We purchased land on Rattlesnake last winter after looking at island property for 30 years and we love it. Have been out there just about every weekend since April. There is so much to learn about island living but it is all worth it. The new challenges (as well as the climb up the hill) keep us young. We are camping out there while we figure out what we want in a cottage and even that has been fun, although a real bathroom is sounding pretty good right now. We had to put a dock in and get a boat, most people out there have pretty utilitarian boats for hauling stuff out there; pontoon boats or Easterns or c-dories. Now we are in the process of planning a breakwater, something you will probably want if you are on the Broads side. The views cannot be beat.Overall I would strongly recommend island living, that getting away feeling is surreal.
dowshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #33
coltgov101

Default Rattlesnake Island

I know this is of no use to you but I remember when Rattlesnake Island was uninhabited. There were no homes on it period! There used to be a measured mile marker so we could time how fast our boats were. A speedometer was not yet available, till the following year. If you got 35 mph, you had a fast boat! We would beach on the island any where we wanted and picnic and swim and it was a different world than today! Thank you.
coltgov101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coltgov101 For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (08-03-2010), Pepper (08-03-2010), Ropetow (08-04-2010), tis (08-05-2010), VitaBene (08-03-2010), welch100 (08-04-2010)
Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
MAXUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowshill View Post
We purchased land on Rattlesnake last winter after looking at island property for 30 years and we love it. Have been out there just about every weekend since April. There is so much to learn about island living but it is all worth it. The new challenges (as well as the climb up the hill) keep us young. We are camping out there while we figure out what we want in a cottage and even that has been fun, although a real bathroom is sounding pretty good right now. We had to put a dock in and get a boat, most people out there have pretty utilitarian boats for hauling stuff out there; pontoon boats or Easterns or c-dories. Now we are in the process of planning a breakwater, something you will probably want if you are on the Broads side. The views cannot be beat.Overall I would strongly recommend island living, that getting away feeling is surreal.
That's awesome! Camping however must be quite the ordeal. I'd say don't wait too long to start in on putting a building up.

Having a utility boat is a no brainer, I'm partial to a beater barge since it seems like that would be by far the most inexpensive and useful platform for hauling junk back and forth. Good luck building your place, it is fun to start with a clean slate. It's also hard to keep to a bottom line too. It's the little stuff that'll blow the budget.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltgov101 View Post
I know this is of no use to you but I remember when Rattlesnake Island was uninhabited. There were no homes on it period! There used to be a measured mile marker so we could time how fast our boats were. A speedometer was not yet available, till the following year. If you got 35 mph, you had a fast boat! We would beach on the island any where we wanted and picnic and swim and it was a different world than today! Thank you.
I have seen the mile markers. I think they are still there. Now if we had a few 150 foot markers to show people that 50 feet is not 150 feet.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #36
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhd View Post
... as a buyer's agent we do not work for the seller and we are required to point out defects that we know about not to hide things ....
Nancy make a good point in her post. Anyone not familiar with an area would do well to have a buyer's agent that is looking out for the interest of the buyer.
nhd (08-04-2010)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #37
IslandRadio

After some 20 years of renting (on various islands) we bought a place on Rattlesnake. We looked at a LOT of properties on varioius islands.

To answer a few questions:

Rattlesnake Island Association Dock:

The association dock parking area lower lot fills up on busy weekends, however I have never seen a situation where both the lower and upper lots were full.

We use the association lot mostly for visitor's or 2nd cars. A lot of people also keep their trailers there. Since you can't leave your boat there overnight (or unattended, for that matter), you will most likely want to arrange for dock space somewhere on the mainland. I use West Alton Marina, and keep the boat there year round.

Island Living

Island living is great!! There is mainland time and there is Island Time. Somehow, island time is much slower - everything is relaxed. No cars! If you want to go somewhere, you really think about it first - do I *really* want to leave this beautiful island to deal with all that traffic??

Sure, it requires a bit more planning about things you need - I ALWAYS have a list going of things to get and things NOT to get. And, figure that everything you bring over you move 6 times. But, that being said, island living is definitely for me. What do they say? "Once an islander, always an islander". It's REAL vacation.

The Association

I have, so far, found the association to be easy to work with, and fairly helpful. There are some restrictions on what style house you can build - more height than style - only 1 1/2 stories are allowed - but this isn't much of a restriction. There are lots of large 1 1/2 story houses on the island of all descriptions. This is probably an asset - looking at some of the mosterous houses I've seen on some of the other islands....some of them are really out of place.

Why Rattlesnake Island?

Speaking personally, I am very physically active. Rattlesnake, above all of the other islands, affords the most opportunities for exercise. The mountain is great to climb! I generally climb to the top every day, and often end to end (which takes a long time and is a fine workout).

Kayaking around the island is another nice thing to do.

The sailing is easy - at least where we are, and there's almost always a westerly breeze. In fact, no one (at least where we are) has a screened in porch! The breezes take the bugs away.

We always meet nice people here!!!

This next one I'm not sure about why...Our place is on the West side of "The Peninsula", heading towards Young's Cove. The water there is VERY nice for swimming - warm (and I don't like cold water). We stayed on the North-West side of Welch for many years, and the water there was always cold (ok, it felt cold to me). Either the water is just plain warm this year, or the particular location (the cove), makes for warmer water...

There is a work-in-progress Rattlesnake Island Web Site (which doesn't have much on it at the moment, but will) at http://www.rattlesnakeisland.net

Anyway, unless you need to jump into your car every other hour to go someplace, island living is definitely more of a "get away" than the mainland - becuse you are - literally - "away"

Regards,

Steve
IslandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IslandRadio For This Useful Post:
laketrout (08-04-2010), MAXUM (08-04-2010)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #38
laketrout

Great points Steve and thanks for the information not to mention island homes/land go for for much much less (50%-75%) less than comparabel houses or (non-island)land on the big lake.

George
laketrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #39
MAXUM

Hey another question - I haven't looked into this yet, anyone have an difficulty getting your place insured and comparatively speaking how's the cost?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #40
IslandRadio

Quote:
Hey another question - I haven't looked into this yet, anyone have an difficulty getting your place insured and comparatively speaking how's the cost?
This was interesting.... Having a primary residence is Massachusetts, some companies won't write a policy for an island property in New Hampshire because the primary home is in a different state However, we were able to get a policy underwritten by The Concord Group. There are also other insurance companies who will insure inland island properties.

The key is to find a local agent who is used to dealing with the islands. I used Noyse in Wolfeboro, but there are others. An agency in Alton was mentioned to me, but I forget the name Our policy is about $430/year, which I think is expensive, but maybe not. Apparently, it is considered a "burn down" situation, so the companies set the rates accordingly. Someone in the insurance business can probably speak to this with more authority.

Also, for under $20.00/year, I was able to extend the primary home's umbrella policy to cover the island property. THAT is very reasonable in my view.

Anyway, that was my experience, for what it's worth!

Regards,

Steve
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #41
Webbsatwinni

Maxum,

Here are two threads from when we bought our island home, these may help with the insurance questions.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5151

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6680
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #42
MAXUM

Thanks guys - while I am not at this time on the verge of buying (yet) still window shopping but I'd like to have this stuff figured out well in advance so the process once it starts is not riddled with running around at the last minute trying to get things done. I swear this stuff is unnecessarily complicated!! Thank your local lawyer for that one.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #43
Lucky1

This thread has made me wonder how many of us are islanders and how many of us are mainlanders? Anyone have an idea? It does seem to me that there is a higher percentage of islanders on the Forum than the percentage of mainlanders but maybe that is just on some threads.

What happened to MopseyMunroe as I feel they are serious buyers of island property at this time. Mopsey started this thread. Wonder how the name Mopsey came about?

I have been without water since replacing the tank with the bladder 10 days ago and got a name of a plumber from Heaths Hardware in Center Harbor. (He was absolutely wonderful, Den's Plumbing, Dennis Cahoon or something like that). This got me to wondering about island living and things like plumbing and electrical work etc etc etc? Are there people who work on the islands and live there or??? Painters, roofers.......how does all of that happen when you live on an island?

One more thing.......after going to ask for the name of a plumber at Heath's Hardware yesterday afternoon, I went down to the Center Harbor beach and dock area and strolled around. Has a nice beach and some docks and a couple of trees for shade here and there. It was just after 5 so the people who work there had gone but one lad said you can bring grills he thought. Looks like a nice place for our Forum Fest!!

Last edited by Lucky1; 08-05-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added
Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #44
MAXUM

With all the McMansions on the mainland now, my bet is they are all to busy working to pay that tax bill to be on a forum like this to often, if at all. Heck how many do you drive by on a weekend were they sit all pristine and vacant? Sad to see these places go unused.

Island dwellers always seem to be home, but I suspect that to own one you have a sincere love for the lake, otherwise you wouldn't put up with the hassle of having one in the first place.

Am I wrong?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #45
Lucky1

Quote:
With all the McMansions on the mainland now, my bet is they are all to busy working to pay that tax bill to be on a forum like this to often, if at all. Heck how many do you drive by on a weekend were they sit all pristine and vacant? Sad to see these places go unused.

Island dwellers always seem to be home, but I suspect that to own one you have a sincere love for the lake, otherwise you wouldn't put up with the hassle of having one in the first place.

Am I wrong?
Of course you are wrong. Islanders and mainlanders are not better or worse than one another. And all or even most islanders or all of even most mainlanders are not the same. Personally I am tired of hearing people automatically criticize these so called McMansions. I see few huge homes and have a simple home myself but it is not on an island. I would think that our economy rises when people hire builders and landscapers and all of the tradespeople to build large homes. I am really wishing that I had been offered a tour or an island as they sound exciting though I am not organized enough to live on one. I also like to be able to do things impulsively. But that does not mean that I do not appreciate those that are organized enough to live on an island. See what I mean?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #46
MAXUM

Quote:
Of course you are wrong. Islanders and mainlanders are not better or worse than one another. And all or even most islanders or all of even most mainlanders are not the same. Personally I am tired of hearing people automatically criticize these so called McMansions. I see few huge homes and have a simple home myself but it is not on an island. I would think that our economy rises when people hire builders and landscapers and all of the tradespeople to build large homes. I am really wishing that I had been offered a tour or an island as they sound exciting though I am not organized enough to live on one. I also like to be able to do things impulsively. But that does not mean that I do not appreciate those that are organized enough to live on an island. See what I mean?
Not criticizing the McMansions, I know many do, just pointing out that those things are more prevalent on the shore and no question come with a hefty tax bill. Matter of fact I'm complementing them... did I not say they all look nice and pristine? Hey be psyched you're in a position to own on the shore and able to keep it. There are still quite a few old time camps still left on the mainland no doubt something that has been in the same family for generations. No question over the past 10 or 15 years more of the old school places have been tore down and rebuilt. Good for the local economy? Sure. Results in more tax revenue for the town? Sure. Good for the ambiance of the lake? Eh - I think it takes away the rustic character a little bit. Is it what some would call progress? Of course.

Just my opinion, and an attempt to be objective too. What we don't need is this to turn into some sort of bashing of the McMansions.... and to be fair, some are very tastefully done. Others... well
Old 08-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #47
IslandRadio

Quote:
I am really wishing that I had been offered a tour or an island as they sound exciting though I am not organized enough to live on one. I also like to be able to do things impulsively. But that does not mean that I do not appreciate those that are organized enough to live on an island. See what I mean?
Well, one thing's for sure - some of us [islanders] have got you fooled

Organized?? Ok, maybe R.G. and R.G. and I.G. are organized - but me? No way!! I think my model is to collect enough STUFF at the island so I don't have to remember to bring anything! Of course I always forget something - but, what the heck.

Island living is just different - certainly not "better" or "worse" - just different.

I would say it is definitely more work to be on an island. You generally have to haul in your drinking water (I don't know of too many wells on islands) and you have to haul away all of your trash and recyclables. If it is very stormy, you might be stuck for a while until things clear up a bit. Winter access is limited.

On the plus side, there is a certain peacefulness about the islands - and that concept of "island time" that I can't explain, but everything just seems to sloooowww dooooowwwwwnnnn. There is also a degree of independence and adventureousness that seems to be particularly strong in many islanders.

Being away from cars is certainly a plus for me, as far as relaxation goes. Another thing I like is the fact that there's NO ONE BEHIND THE ISLAND PLACES ! Usually, there is conservation land behind all of the island cottages - and is THAT nice or what!!

One of my nearby neighbors has the best of both worlds. They have a place on the water on the mainland, and a place on the island. The live on the island all summer (and rent out the mainland place), and live on the mainland during the winter. But, they appear to spend much more time on the island than on the mainland, even though their mainland place is really, really nice and has stunning water frontage. Go figure

Anytime anyone wants to come over and hike and get a "tour" of our VERY humble abode (which will take all of 30 seconds) and get a tour of some of the island, c'mon ov-a.

Regards,

Steve
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IslandRadio For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (08-05-2010), MAXUM (08-05-2010)
Old 08-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #48
Rattlesnake Guy

Steve,
Our level of organization kind of evolved for us over the years. Eventually we ended up with two of just about everything. One for home and one for the lake. Then something happened without us really noticing. We originally would head to shore if we forgot something or needed something. After a couple of years we figured out that other than gas for the boat, there is not really anything that we need bad enough to go get it. So we might have hot dogs on English muffins for dinner. They taste great.

I keep waiting for the Sunday night when I just can't make it back to work but it has not blessed me yet.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #49
MAXUM

Quote:
So we might have hot dogs on English muffins for dinner. They taste great.
That actually sounds really good, on a nicely toasted and buttered english muffin? Hell yeah!

I may just have to give that one a whirl.... when the wife isn't around to nag me about my eating habits.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #50
IslandRadio

Quote:
That actually sounds really good, on a nicely toasted and buttered english muffin? Hell yeah!

I may just have to give that one a whirl.... when the wife isn't around to nag me about my eating habits.
Get those Hebrew National (Kosher) hot dogs - or better still, the low fat version of the same thing! And, they taste GREAT A couple of dogs over some Bush Baked Beans! MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmGood (I'm getting hungry writing this)

Several cans of beans, soup, crackers, HOMMUS, pasta (and sauce), frozen chicken, and at least 4 gallons of water - Islander's staples!

Last edited by IslandRadio; 08-05-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added something.
The Following User Says Thank You to IslandRadio For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Guy (08-06-2010)
Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #51
chipj29

This has been a great thread to read, and very informational. Kudos to you island dwellers for all the great posts.

I admit I am jealous, as I would love to own island property. Maybe someday I will, and when that time comes, I hope this forum, and this thread in particular is still here for me to read again.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #52
IslandRadio

Quote:
I keep waiting for the Sunday night when I just can't make it back to work but it has not blessed me yet.
Maybe you'll have a boat "failure" late Sunday some beautiful weekend . "Oh, the marinas are all closed so we'll just have to wait until Monday. Sorry about that."

Any chance of doing some work from the island? I'm sure you've probably exhausted all avenues after all the years you've been here. I'm on call 24x7 for my job, but if there are no outages, or at least ones that I can't fix remotely, I can sometimes eek another day out of the weekend!!

Regards,

Steve
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #53
jmen24

Quote:

While you are at it, cut the dog in half (leaving just enough skin to hold it together, lengthwise) and pan fry it that way, before it is done, add two strips of bacon (prior cooking required) and some cheese.

Then add a sauce to your liking, chili (Beanless can style), mustard, BBQ sauce and relish combo is fantastic. The proportions of each sauce ingredient is up to you, depending on what flavor you want to have control of the situation.

Definately do not let the wife see you make this if she is watching what you eat.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #54
Rattlesnake Guy

Maybe we should start a hot dog recipe thread. It is probably a staple for most of the lakes region this time of year. RG is just finishing up a batch of potato salad and two dogs on the grill for me. Life on the lake is soooo good.

Potato Salad:
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Eggs
Bacon (Too much)
Real Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper
Sautéed onions (In the bacon fat of course)

One ridiculous aspect of island living we have adopted is using the bacon fat. We have to carry it home so we try to get multiple uses for it. Cooking eggs etc. Bon Apatite
Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #55
MAXUM

Geeze you guys are killing me try this one out.

I used to make this all the time when I went camping, although it may sound gross, it's actually VERY good. I do warn it's great going down, but no doubt about it, this is the definition of a total gut bomb . You need one of those industrial sized cast iron skillets to make it, and it's best prepared over an open fire.

I call it camping stew.... very original name. Maybe it should be re-named "Maxum surprise"

1 lb of thick cut bacon, cook it first cause you need all that grease to fry the rest.

Pull the bacon out, and cut each strip about every inch or so put aside to be added later. Cook a little extra, sampling is always required!

Add chunks of ham cubed, I prefer about 1 pound of boiled ham ends from the deli (very cheap)

Add a pound of hamburger, get the cheap stuff to add to the grease content

Add 1/2 a clove of garlic diced

Cook together till done

Add a can of jalapeno peppers, fresh roasted poblano peppers are even better but I haven't seen them since I left Colorado

OK assembly time.

In the pot you should have ham, burger and peppers and garlic

re add bacon

add a three standard sized cans of baked beans

add cheese to taste, I usually like to use shredded mix of mild cheddar and pepperjack. A good handful, maybe two will work.

add BBQ sauce to taste, at least 1/2 a bottle is where I start.

You can kick this up a notch or two by adding a little chili powder

Simmer together until nice and hot stirring occasionally.

IF you have any kind of heart condition, please don't eat this, if you don't eat enough and you will! This is best consumed with an ice cold beer of your choice, and plain corn tortilla chips. I've also served this topped with a good wallop of sour cream (you know the real stuff, fat free doesn't cut it) and it's quite good that way too. When you're all done, the fire should be ready for dessert... roasted marshmallows.

This is a recipe for the guys, the ladies just simply have no appreciation for a good camp cooked meal

Getting back to hot dogs...

cooked and cut up in spaghetti O's

cooked and added to cheese burger hamburger helper

cooked and added to baked beans, well that's a no brainer

cooked sliced and served with eggs in the morning (only when you're out of bacon of course)
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Guy (08-07-2010)
Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #56
MAXUM

Quote:
Maybe we should start a hot dog recipe thread. It is probably a staple for most of the lakes region this time of year. RG is just finishing up a batch of potato salad and two dogs on the grill for me. Life on the lake is soooo good.

Potato Salad:
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Eggs
Bacon (Too much)
Real Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper
Sautéed onions (In the bacon fat of course)

One ridiculous aspect of island living we have adopted is using the bacon fat. We have to carry it home so we try to get multiple uses for it. Cooking eggs etc. Bon Apatite
I was OK until you mentioned the onions... Try this next time, reduce the Mayo by half and put in sour cream. I also like to add some of the really spicy brown mustard too for an added kick and a little bit of diced celery or water chestnuts in exchange for the onions. Garbanzo beans are a nice addition too and are a must have in pasta salad.

Rattlesnake Guy, it's nice to see you livin' large out there on the island. Next time I'm taking a cruse around Rattlesnake and I smell bacon I'll know where you live!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #57
Rattlesnake Guy

Maxim,
After your "cooked and cut up in spaghetti O's" comment, you are welcome at our place any time. We have had the great pleasure of having many forum members stop by. PM us if you are ever interested.
RG
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Guy For This Useful Post:
MAXUM (08-07-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #58
MAXUM

Hey island dwellers, I'm looking for somebody to talk to who is capable of doing site work on an island. I'm considering a property that will need some done and this is one thing I have no ability to do on my own. Bummer. Any suggestions or references?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #59
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Hey island dwellers, I'm looking for somebody to talk to who is capable of doing site work on an island. I'm considering a property that will need some done and this is one thing I have no ability to do on my own. Bummer. Any suggestions or references?
Dave Farley; Diversified Marine Construction
http://www.divermarine.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1

Photo is start of repair to our breakwater.
Attached Images

Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #60
bdkkennedy

Default House on Rattlesnake

Have house on Rattlesnake and a 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 270 for sale if anyone is interested. bdkkennedy@comcast.net
bdkkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote