Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
MONTY

Default boat reconditioning

Has anyone had a good, ( or bad ) experience having your boat reconditioned ??? Buffing, waxing, etc.
MONTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #2
fodalo

Default boat recon

Had a great xperience at Paugus Bay Marina, they just finished last wkend. Good Folks
Came out great! 603 524 1233 Kevin or Kory
fodalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
Zee

Default Fiberglass haze

Does anyone know of a good product or method for removing the inevitable hazing that occurs on fiberglass as it ages. Our boat is a dark blue and it really shows up. We've tried a few products but they haven't given even fair results.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Mee-n-Mac

Question If it's really bad ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee
Does anyone know of a good product or method for removing the inevitable hazing that occurs on fiberglass as it ages. Our boat is a dark blue and it really shows up. We've tried a few products but they haven't given even fair results.
I'll assume you've tried the normal waxes and polishes/rubbing compounds. If these haven't worked, I recall 2 products I've seen on "Ship Shape TV" that claim to restore gelcoat. One was from Dolphinite (I don't recall the product name) and the other was Poli Glow. I've heard the later is the same as, or similar to, VertGlas. I don't have personal experience with either but if what I saw on TV is real, the Poli Glow did an amazing job. There was significant time spent cleaning and prepping the hull but the final coating of ?? stuff ?? looked great. I'll mention that someone on the BoaterED forum thought highly of the VertGlas he used.

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 05-06-2004 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Poli Glow not Poli Coat
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Puff4

Default Newbie here...

Hi, gang.... My first post (woo-hoo!).

I thought you might be interested that there's a big discussion about coatings and which is better over in the MacGregor forum. Lots of folks there have used them and offer some opinions and tips. Maybe it would be helpful to some? Look HERE.

(I own a Mac 26X and plan to be sailing on Lake Winnipesaukee in early August 2004. My sons will be going to Tecumseh so we'll be up there to pick them up. Suggestions on nice places to moor, visit or eat are very welcome! Just mail to me off-list... thanks!).
Puff4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links