Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
DougNH

Default Taylor's Country Style Restaurant

I did not see a standalone thread on this place, just a few comments in other threads.

Finally had subs/pizza from Taylor’s today (Meredith Center). Cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, Italian sub, steak sub, pastrami sub. Pizza was the best we have had in the area and we have had most of them including Giuseppe pizza and subs earlier this week. My son who is the Italian sub expert said it was better than the others (Giuseppe, Rossi, Wine’ing, Sub Crazy …). My pastrami sub was excellent, not greasy/fatty at all and the quality of the pastrami was very good.

We just ordered our food to go but the place looked nice and the service person was very pleasant.
DougNH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DougNH For This Useful Post:
beantownbaby (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Good pizza ????????

Where abouts in "Meredith Center".as a reference do you know whow they replaced.

Thank.

I just got home from going to Hanson, Mass to see my Dentist. Since I was so close to Marshfield, Mass I ordered 2 pizza, Plain and Peperoni from POOPSYS. I was good I only eat 2 slices. 300 miles for 2 pizzas, any day of the week!

Have not had a GOOD PIZZA since Elvios left Center Harbor.

Sorry can't wait till September for Center Harbor Provisions to put in a Pizza Oven!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (08-20-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
DougNH

30 Main Street Meredith

We park off the street in the Mills Falls parking lot at the corner of 3 and 25. Normally head to Giuseppe’s but wanted something different as we were there earlier in the week. Don’t get me wrong as we like Giuseppe’s but I wish they would change their menu a bit (going there for 15 years). We drive up from MA and normally order to be delivered from Giuseppe’s, good and consistent (same as Rossi off of 93 exit 23). Not sure Kevin is there (Rossi) at this point as I think he is cooking on the mount. IMHO the seafood has gone down a bit. Hate to say but the last fried clams from there I had to throw out as they were over breaded and greasy.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
Natt

Default Taylor's

FYI: Meredith Center is several miles from downtown Meredith.
Natt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natt For This Useful Post:
Meredith_Resident (09-27-2016), VitaBene (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougNH View Post
I did not see a standalone thread on this place, just a few comments in other threads.

Finally had subs/pizza from Taylor’s today (Meredith Center). Cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, Italian sub, steak sub, pastrami sub. Pizza was the best we have had in the area and we have had most of them including Giuseppe pizza and subs earlier this week. My son who is the Italian sub expert said it was better than the others (Giuseppe, Rossi, Wine’ing, Sub Crazy …). My pastrami sub was excellent, not greasy/fatty at all and the quality of the pastrami was very good.

We just ordered our food to go but the place looked nice and the service person was very pleasant.
I think we have a problem here, I have already bestowed upon myself the title of "Italian Sub Expert". If you said your son is "An" Italian sub expert, I could let it slide. I think we'll need to have a SUB-OFF unless there's a retraction. Thank you.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
30 Main Street Meredith

We park off the street in the Mills Falls parking lot at the corner of 3 and 25. Normally head to Giuseppe’s but wanted something different as we were there earlier in the week. Don’t get me wrong as we like Giuseppe’s but I wish they would change their menu a bit (going there for 15 years). We drive up from MA and normally order to be delivered from Giuseppe’s, good and consistent (same as Rossi off of 93 exit 23). Not sure Kevin is there (Rossi) at this point as I think he is cooking on the mount. IMHO the seafood has gone down a bit. Hate to say but the last fried clams from there I had to throw out as they were over breaded and greasy.
Just to echo Natt. The above location is correct. The center of Meredith, location of Taylor's, is not Meredith Center.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
garysanfran

Default I love Taylors...

Run by a very nice family.

IMHO...The best subs around. Italian and pastrami are excellent. This is where the locals go. It's more of a restaurant than the other "take-out" sub places around. They don't advertise and they told me they've never been on "the Forum". Their old sign is still up next to Cumberland Farms on Rt.3, Meredith, which was their prior location before moving to Main St. They're almost across from Meredith Town Hall.

Their pizzas and Italian food are also top notch!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
SteveO123 (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #8
Outdoorsman

Quote:

We drive up from MA and normally order to be delivered from Giuseppe’s, good and consistent (same as Rossi off of 93 exit 23). Not sure Kevin is there (Rossi) at this point as I think he is cooking on the mount. IMHO the seafood has gone down a bit. Hate to say but the last fried clams from there I had to throw out as they were over breaded and greasy.
Not trying to hijack the thread but I find it odd to order seafood from an Italian restaurant. The same hold true ordering Mexican or Chinese at a seafood restaurant. Sure, it works for the kids, but...
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:

Taylor's is in downtown Meredith on Main Street, not in Meredith Center. I think some people interchange downtown Meredith with Meredith Center. Not everyone knows where the true Meredith Center is.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
jeffk

Thumbs up Good pizza

My wife and I went to Taylor's tonight and got a House Special pizza which is a lots of everything pizza. It is a thin crust and light, even at the edge. I loved it and my wife liked it. It was a bit juicy in the center but the crust was cooked and crisp in the middle (the juice must have come through when sliced). When we walked in at 5:30 there was hardly anyone there. Within 15 minutes there were another 20 people with us. Service was prompt and friendly. Granted a pizza meal is pretty straight forward but we were happy. The pizza came out in a timely manner, faster than I was expecting it. We look forward to trying their subs.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #11
DougNH

Ok to address a few of the comments…

I stand corrected (many times I may add ) on my original location description. I think I recovered when I then listed the exact address.

My son the Italian sub expert is 10 years old but NOREAST I am not far behind him and we will certainly take your challenge… BTW he and his older brother (21, steak sub) consumed there subs so quickly I did not even get a chance to try so I will defer to their comments (they looked good). We did just come from a hike and it could have attributed to the devouring in what seemed to be less than a minute. I then had to defend my sub while the yet other son (8) was consuming the pizza.

Yes the four of us, smelly and very ragged looking from our hike were treated very well by the server.
The Following User Says Thank You to DougNH For This Useful Post:
noreast (08-21-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
Bumble2249

Quote:
30 Main Street Meredith

Kevin is definitely still at Rossis. Two or three nights a week for sure. The seafood I'm my opinion is still fantastic! As for their pizza... I think it's great! I'm pretty sure that I just saw on channel 9 that they were #5 out of the 10 best pizzas in NH? I know that they are more of full service restaurant than Taylor's, but they do serve an Italian sub that is great as well. I've been to Taylor's twice. Both times it just wasn't good.
I just went to Rossis with my wife last night, as we usually go on Fridays, and they had a 20 minute wait. The place was full and it was 5:45! They must be doing something right. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2016, 05:39 AM   #13
noreast

Quote:
Ok to address a few of the comments…

I stand corrected (many times I may add ) on my original location description. I think I recovered when I then listed the exact address.

My son the Italian sub expert is 10 years old but NOREAST I am not far behind him and we will certainly take your challenge… BTW he and his older brother (21, steak sub) consumed there subs so quickly I did not even get a chance to try so I will defer to their comments (they looked good). We did just come from a hike and it could have attributed to the devouring in what seemed to be less than a minute. I then had to defend my sub while the yet other son (8) was consuming the pizza.

Yes the four of us, smelly and very ragged looking from our hike were treated very well by the server.
I've been told there are divisions, from peewee through ancient. I'll take The "pre-ancient" crown and compare Italians from the days of yore to today's offerings.when my youngest was around 10, he loved the man vs food show & wanted to start his own, Kid vs man eating show. It's amazing how much they can put in there.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #14
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Remembering this thread, and looking for a fairly inexpensive and quick meal, we went to Taylor's tonight on the way to camp.

Clean and spacious dining area, clean bathrooms, nice (older) woman who served us. I told her I'd never noticed the place, even though we'd been to Plum Crazy (right across the street), Phu Jee, and Frog Rock (up the road a piece) quite a few times each, and that I'd heard about it on the forum.

Onion rings, homemade according to our server, were maybe the best I've ever had--light and crunchy. Solid serving size--two adults, two children as an appetizer--for $6.50. Chicken parmesan sub was very good, but didn't come with fries--a bit pricey at $9.50. Cheese pizza was very good size for $10.95 and was delicious.

It'd be a ridiculously good place if they added a fireplace, which they clearly have room for.

Great service, great food, decent pricing? As the kiddos said to our server on the way out: "we'll be right back next tomorrow!"

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #15
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

I go to Taylors at least once every weekend in the summer mainly because it has outdoor seating and my wife and I usually walk their from our home with our dog. We've always had a good meal and the wait staff is always friendly.
We also ordered pizza from there and it's very good, much better than Guiseppes.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
wifi (11-15-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #16
radioman

Default Taylors

Best unspoken secret in the lakes region!! Pizza is excellent!!
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #17
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Best unspoken secret in the lakes region!! Pizza is excellent!!
Their pizza is very good but I got to say the best pizza that I've had in the lakes region is at a little Bistro restaurant on main street in Wolfboro. I don't remember the name but it also has outdoor seating.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #18
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Their pizza is very good but I got to say the best pizza that I've had in the lakes region is at a little Bistro restaurant on main street in Wolfboro. I don't remember the name but it also has outdoor seating.
Nolans Brick Oven Bistro
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:42 AM   #19
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
Nolans Brick Oven Bistro
Awesome pizza!
Old 11-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #20
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread but I find it odd to order seafood from an Italian restaurant. The same hold true ordering Mexican or Chinese at a seafood restaurant. Sure, it works for the kids, but...
Apparently you've never experienced Christmas Eve at an Italian household. The Feast of the Seven Fishes is something to behold.
Airedale1 (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 09:15 AM   #21
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Fried Calamari, baked clams, linguini with clam sauce (red or white), shrimp fra divalo I could go on and on. Seafood is synonymous with Italian food
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote