Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Donzi Minx

Smile Last Ride

What a day yesterday! Easy for me to close out the season on such a perfect day. In and out of the water until 4pm, when we pulled up anchor.
Still lots of company but you can tell that things are winding down.

Earl & Filter, clean and buff, and "Dawn" goes to Dave's for a long winters nap.
Donzi Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi Minx View Post
What a day yesterday! Easy for me to close out the season on such a perfect day. In and out of the water until 4pm, when we pulled up anchor.
Still lots of company but you can tell that things are winding down.

Earl & Filter, clean and buff, and "Dawn" goes to Dave's for a long winters nap.
I actually went south this weekend to the Cape. We were out on the water both days in a friends boat. The seas were almost flat calm both days. Went to Nantucket Saturday and the Vineyard Sunday.
That's my one trip to the Cape every year.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I actually went south this weekend to the Cape. We were out on the water both days in a friends boat. The seas were almost flat calm both days. Went to Nantucket Saturday and the Vineyard Sunday.
That's my one trip to the Cape every year.
We plan to trailer our boat down there for a 5 day cruise later this month. Planning to start at the end of Buzzards Bay and will likely visit Martha's Vineyard for an overnight stay. Might venture out to Natucket, weather permitting. Any tips on must-see places would be appreciated, never been there.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #4
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
We plan to trailer our boat down there for a 5 day cruise later this month. Planning to start at the end of Buzzards Bay and will likely visit Martha's Vineyard for an overnight stay. Might venture out to Natucket, weather permitting. Any tips on must-see places would be appreciated, never been there.
We took the fast ferry to Nantucket because we were getting reports of 3' to 5' seas because of the hurricane but it was almost flat calm.
I retrospect we should have taken his boat which is a 24' center console with twin 150's.
We took his boat to the Vineyard Sunday and the weather was perfect but we got a late start because his son's went fishing in the morning.
Both Islands were very busy.
We didn't stray too far from the docks but there are a lot of great places within walking distance. You might find some places closed up by the end of the month.

It was my first time to Nantucket so it was a great weekend all around.

Have fun!
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
Dave R (09-18-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
Cobalt 25

The end of September and the first part of October can be great for boating, both on the Cape and at Winni. We plan to leave the Cape and take the boat to Winni within the next couple of weeks!

If you can sleep on your boat there are plenty of great options for a Cape tour. Or stay at a place in the harbor. If you launch in Buzzards Bay you could easily do both the Vineyard and Nantucket if you choose your trip according to the weather.

If the wind is out of the typical SW, you may not want to try to return to Buzzards Bay from Nantucket. Vineyard Sound, on windy days, has been described as navigating in a washing machine. Sorta like Weirs Bay on a sunny Fourth of July! But if you are able to pick your days, Nantucket/Edgartown/Oak Bluffs/,etc. would be a nice trip.

I am very familiar with all the waters around the Cape so don't hesitate to PM for specific information.

Good luck!

Peter
Cobalt 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links