Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2022, 11:56 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Flightcraft Weirs Beach webcam?

Hey there ...... www.flightcraft.lakehost.net/index.php/webcam ...... looks like their Weirs boat gas dock cam is currently not working, or something. So, what's UP with the long, long, long in-place Flightcraft webcam that was formerly the Anchor Marine webcam, in the past?

Is it down for repairs or something, or permanently GONZO?

Hellooooooo .......... Flightcraft webcam ....... you are so very missing in action ..... what's up? Monday, March 21, 2:15-pm was your LAST cam shot according to the above link and today is April 16.

Did it have anything to do with all the negativity expressed in this forum on your very expensive Malibu wake boats making big waves that erode the Lake Winnipesaukee shoreline so you chose to take your 'football' and go home, or is it something else?

Tell us, please ..... inquiring minds want to know?
Old 04-17-2022, 08:04 AM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

I own and manage that CAM. I have been having trouble with the camera all winter and could tell it was failing. It kept losing its connection to Youtube and I had to keep reconnecting it and rebooting the camera, sometimes several times a day.

Fortunately I can manage my three webcams remotely. The pier is closed up tight all winter making any kind of on-site repairs there impossible. I cross my fingers every winter that no serious problems will occur. I've been pretty lucky for the last 23 years (the WeirsCAM has been running since 1999). I live 3 hours from the lake so remote access is very important to keep the cameras running.

Both the Flightcraft and WeirsCAM cameras are on the same network and have the same power source. The very old WeirsCAM has been working perfectly so I doubt that anything besides the camera itself is the problem.

A few weeks ago the camera finally died completely. I tried everything in my bag of tricks to get it going but nothing worked. It needs to be replaced and I have a plan, although it may take a while longer.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Bear Guy (04-18-2022), fatlazyless (04-18-2022), garysanfran (04-17-2022), granitebox (04-17-2022), Janet (04-17-2022), Marauder (12-03-2023), smith point boater (04-18-2022), TheTimeTraveler (04-17-2022), TiltonBB (04-17-2022), trfour (06-01-2022), upthesaukee (04-17-2022), Y2K (04-18-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
winniwannabe

I so hope that you've been able to work your webcam magic! Now that
the good weather is upon us, I love watching the near miss docking of
boats on some of the cameras. Plus I enjoy watching the boat traffic at
the Weirs and the Mount arriving and departing. Have a safe and happy
summer everyone!!
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winniwannabe For This Useful Post:
Janet (05-24-2022), trfour (06-01-2022)
Old 02-13-2023, 11:33 AM   #4
Senter Cove Guy

Default WeirsCAM

When I searched for WeirsCAM this morning, this was the most relevant thread that came up.
What's the status of the WeirsCam?
MalibuBoat (02-13-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 04:22 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Thursday, May 4, 2023 ....... newsflash!!! ..... after a lengthy hiatus of about fifteen months ....... from March 2022 through to May 2023 ...... apparently ..... the Flightcraft gas dock cam with a view of Weirs Bay and the docked Mount Washington ship is once again viewable.

Take a gander at the high water level showing close to the top of the wooden gas dock. So, will the lake water be over-flowing the top of this gas station dock in the next few days ......... it maybe might? ....... time will tell?
Old 07-03-2023, 11:36 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Monday, July 3, 2023, noon-30 ...... so it looks like the Flightcraft Weirscam is currently stuck on Monday, June 26, 11:02-am ..... seven days ago ...... a technical difficulty? ...... so, what's up with this?

www.flightcraft.lakehost.net/index.php/webcam

Hey, at least it doesn't show the rainy dreary weather that's been happening lately, and shows a nice looking screen shot for the motor-boaters? ....
Old 07-04-2023, 07:45 AM   #7
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Hey Walter, when you are over at the Weirs drop by Flightcraft and ask them why they keep shutting off the power to the cameras. This has happened over and over and over again since they have been hosting the cameras which has crippled my ability to manage the cameras. I’ve given up. Maybe you can use your influence to get the power back on, although it will probably just go off again shortly.

I noticed a while ago that they installed their own camera…although the power to that apparently was also shut off and it’s not working now.

Remember when Anchor Marine hosted the cams at the pier? They ran for about 20 years without interruption.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 08:03 AM   #8
fatlazyless

...... my influence ....... what influence? ...... they maybe throw me in the lake for my wise guy comments? ...... oh well ..... will stop in there tomorrow, Wednesday at noon after pickleball and politely inquire about ...... "say, I was just wondering ...... you know Flightcraft has a super terrific webcam here in Weirs Beach and for some unknown reason it will intermittently shut off for days and weeks or something?"

Who knows? ...... maybe they are unaware? ...... will give it a go, tomorrow, after this holiday!
Old 07-04-2023, 08:09 AM   #9
ITD

Sounds like it is on a switch, bring a piece of tape with you and offer to tape it on.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote