Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
Woody38

Default iphone Nav

Does anyone know of an app for the iphone8plus. Navionics does not list one for this phone.
I appreciate your input as to any and which may be easy to use.
Thanks for your help.

-----------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
Does anyone know of an app for the iphone8plus. Navionics does not list one for this phone.
I appreciate your input as to any and which may be easy to use.
Thanks for your help.

-----------------------------------------------

Hmmm...I didn’t know the app was phone specific. I have the iPhone 6plus and my Navionics works fine. I thought the app would work for Any IOS or Android, whichever you have.
Did you try downloading the app anyway?
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:37 AM   #3
georgefelt

Go to the App Store, search Navionics. The inland USA map plus app costs 9.95 and works great on my 8+. You will select an area of the US (or multiple areas) and download the charts you want for use offline. This way you get whatever is relevant to your interests and yet the app does not kill you phone with a huge map file. You can keep what you download and go back for more within a year of purchase. After that if you want more it will cost you another 9.95 to access their servers. Kind of a semi-subscription business model - seems fair to me. I use this app on the 8+ when in my kayak and it is great for most small waters. On the big lake at faster speeds I like a bigger screen - I guess you could use it on an iPad but I have other hard and software for that big lake situation. Enjoy...

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
georgefelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to georgefelt For This Useful Post:
Descant (08-13-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
Woody38

Thank you all for your replies. I did go on the Navionics site and all phones except the 8 were listed as compatible. I shall do as stated and download to see if it works. I would think it would as you say for all phones. Thanks.
If you see me on the lake I will be going slow enjoying the time left here. Those days of fast and foolish were fun but gone now. Had my wife known what I was doing on the ocean she may not have been my wife for long.

---------------------------------------------------

Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgefelt View Post
Go to the App Store, search Navionics. The inland USA map plus app costs 9.95 and works great on my 8+. You will select an area of the US (or multiple areas) and download the charts you want for use offline. This way you get whatever is relevant to your interests and yet the app does not kill you phone with a huge map file. You can keep what you download and go back for more within a year of purchase. After that if you want more it will cost you another 9.95 to access their servers. Kind of a semi-subscription business model - seems fair to me. I use this app on the 8+ when in my kayak and it is great for most small waters. On the big lake at faster speeds I like a bigger screen - I guess you could use it on an iPad but I have other hard and software for that big lake situation. Enjoy...[/url]
More info o the iPad/Navionics combination? I asked about this at the Apple Store and they had no clue about iPad and GPS. There are older threads on this, but I expect there may be changes. TIA.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
Woodsy

If you want to use Navionics on an ipad... you need a cellular capable iPad. (You don't need to have a cell number for it - just cell capable) The iPad minis work great for this app! and you can get a Lifeproof case to keep the water out!

You can get one of those add on GPS recievers... but I found them to be slow.

Woodsy
Old 08-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #7
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts

Thank you. I've apparently used up my thanks buttons for today.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote