Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #101
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Yup, bad things can happen in bad weather and all boats can take on water unexpectedly. All the things you mentioned could happen, and the can happen to any boat on the lake, large or small. Maybe we should all wait for The Dive to go thru the build, permitting, and inspection process to see what comes out of it. It seems to me that we all spend far to much time trying to find the down side rather than imagining the good. Human nature I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Many of the questions are arising from the photos posted on their website and are legitimate questions based on the vessels design. I truly hope that is a safe design and a successful business as I think I would use their services on occasions instead of waiting for a slip to open at a town dock or in line for a table at one of the lakeside establishments
Old 05-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #102
The Real BigGuy

You bring up a good point. I wonder if they will be able to anchor in, say Merideth Bay, and do business. Bet that would tick off the restaurants and I cream parlors. I also wonder if they will be able run a launch to move people back and forth from town docks.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post:
AmberWolf (05-16-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #103
Phantom

That would be bloody PERFECT !

Drop the wife off at the town docks (where you can never get a slip anyway) let her go shopping while I mozy over to the Dive !

Priceless

Old 05-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #104
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Yup, bad things can happen in bad weather and all boats can take on water unexpectedly. All the things you mentioned could happen, and the can happen to any boat on the lake, large or small. Maybe we should all wait for The Dive to go thru the build, permitting, and inspection process to see what comes out of it. It seems to me that we all spend far to much time trying to find the down side rather than imagining the good. Human nature I guess!

I was thinking exactly this!

I would imagine the "owners" have already considered all of these factors and likely have vetted the permitting process prior to spending $100's of thousands of dollars building it.

With all of the chatter on this site about finding places to eat near various docks, I am surprised at the responses to this thread that are less than favorable.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 AM   #105
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts
Default No Rafting

If they anchor in a "No Rafting" area can you pull up to it and tie up while they cook your burger?

Can you order by phone and do a "touch and go" in a No Rafting zone when your food is ready?

Just askin'
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 06:30 AM   #106
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
We might as well start with the negative food reviews now....why wait?

I wish them success!
Agree. That Shades of Maui operation though years ago was fantastic.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #107
Taz

Default Tilton bb - rafting

Its not a raft if you are the only boat tied to "The Dive". A raft is 3 or more boats tied together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (05-17-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #108
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Its not a raft if you are the only boat tied to "The Dive". A raft is 3 or more boats tied together.
Right, but doesn't being in a no rafting zone prohibit boats anchoring within a certain footage? I generally don't do sand bars so I really don't know.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #109
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default 25/50

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreast View Post
Right, but doesn't being in a no rafting zone prohibit boats anchoring within a certain footage? I generally don't do sand bars so I really don't know.
25 ft between single boats anchored in a NRZ. 50 ft between 2 boats tied together and outer boats anchored in the NRZ.

Dave
noreast (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #110
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
25 ft between single boats anchored in a NRZ. 50 ft between 2 boats tied together and outer boats anchored in the NRZ.

Dave
And 150 feet from shore in most of the rafting areas. Braun Bay is 75 I believe.
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #111
jbolty

None of us have a clue but it's still fun to speculate. Some if it might even turn out to be correct.

I have to think they will sort of follow the food truck model. Announce on twitter they will be here, here and here at these times. They are not making money while driving around and since they will need to sort of keep to a schedule flagging them down for a burger mid lake seems unlikely; they would never get where they are going otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (05-16-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #112
ApS

Post Having Witnessed Three Microbursts on Lake Winnipesaukee...

Quote:
I think you misunderstood. The Dive appears to be designed above a barge basis. It has steel supports to the floor above. Operating in shallow water—if subjected to a microburst—it has the distinct advantage of being run aground intentionally. Intentional flooding would help to anchor it. If it were my design, I'd add hydraulic outboard "jack plates".

Seeing Winnipesaukee's construction barges operating every day, I've noticed they don't go out in heavy wind conditions. (Having witnessed a microburst while holding my boat in knee-deep, but sheltered, water—neither do I ). Although I haven't made a correlation (yet) with bad weather; sometimes, they'll come to a complete stop for many minutes—then turn around to return to their base in Johnson's Cove.

By contrast, the Winnipesaukee Belle has a flat bottom, but isn't a design like The Dive. (It doesn't power its side-paddles, as they're ornamentation). I've never seen it navigate in a straight line, as it is subject to random yawing.

MBNeckguy (06-14-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #113
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post

Taking bets on how long it will be before somebody t-bones that thing pulling up to the "dive thru"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Lol 2 words come to mind...fuster cluck.
I'm confused, why would it be any more challenging than approaching a wide-open dock? I've seen some poor docking performances (my own included), but I have yet to see anyone t-bone one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-29-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #114
Parker

I am all in on this idea. Such a cool concept
Old 05-29-2018, 06:06 AM   #115
Phantom

Still has some work to do from what we saw …………….. pic's from Saturday

Attached Images

Old 05-29-2018, 06:55 AM   #116
ApS

Wink Y'Gotta Pick Your Days, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I am all in on this idea. Such a cool concept
"Dive" is a good name, but if I'd opened a bar, I'd name it "Night School".

Quote:
See ya' later, honey, I'm going to Night School.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:18 AM   #117
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Still has some work to do from what we saw …………….. pic's from Saturday

Thanks for the photos.

Maybe it's just me, but in the spirit of armchair reviews, if I was designing something like that with twin engines, I would have them placed as far apart as possible to help with control of the boat.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the water, and will plan on stopping by.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #118
Phantom

The one thing we took note of immediately is IF ( and no one knows for sure yet) WAM is it's home base -- watch out when the Dive heads in/out of the Smalls Cove channel ………………..

Old 05-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #119
The Real BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Thanks for the photos.

Maybe it's just me, but in the spirit of armchair reviews, if I was designing something like that with twin engines, I would have them placed as far apart as possible to help with control of the boat.

I had the same thought!

Old 05-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #120
chasedawg

Default The Dive

Quote:
Thanks for the photos.

Agree! It would be much better for control. With this engine spacing and the high freeboard it will be difficult to adjust pivoting 180 degrees or in any tight spacing. I just don't see a barge like this will do well in any waters. I drove the Winnie Bell and it has two I/O's and control was very difficult.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:42 AM   #121
Phantom

Although odd sounding, to me -it looked like the engines were mounted on the same bracket which appeared to have the ability to raise & lower.

Again, we did not get in close to her (and I may be wrong on the above) but could this be a reason for the close spacing ……………… although I cannot conceive of why they would want this function- unless they expect to be underway with a "Heavy" load and need to adjust the propulsion ??

We are in & out of WAM and weather permitting will take a closer look this coming weekend.

Attached Images

noreast (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 08:29 AM   #122
Merrymeeting

I would not want to try and pilot this thing on a windy day! Between the shortness of the season, and the number of days when the wind is blowing down the lake, it will be interesting to see how many useful days they get out of this thing.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #123
strum

Default Benefit of Doubt

My first post!?!? After a long time lurking. I like the novelty of this idea being on the lake. Just another option when out on the lake to have fun and do something different. After reading the info. on their web. It seems the Captain Jamison has a ton of experience on the water as a Captain as well as with barges. I would think with all that experience he must have some knowledge when building his own barge from scratch what he needs to pilot the barge on this specific lake. So I give him the benefit of doubt until I see him going sideways out in the broads.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #124
The Real BigGuy

Diversified Marine’s barge has a similar setup. Dave Farley maneuvers it like a sports car.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #125
Sinclair

Unfortunately it looks like they won't be launching imminently. Their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thedivelakewinni/) shows a video from two weeks ago which makes it look like they have a lot to do.

I guess mid-August.

What do you think?
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #126
joey2665

I agree, if they were just welding the stairs two week ago I would say a minimum of August 1st if they get moving.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #127
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Unfortunately it looks like they won't be launching imminently. Their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thedivelakewinni/) shows a video from two weeks ago which makes it look like they have a lot to do.

I guess mid-August.

What do you think?
I guess next year, or at best, a short trial run this year. It's going to take some time to staff up and train as well. It is (obviously?) a very seasonal thing, what kind of help are you going to be able to hire in August for what would then be an ~4 week "season"?

Something like this needs to be able to do its "shakedown cruise" by May 1st to be fully operational to capture the seasonal revenue, IMO.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #128
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default sub contractors?

I get the impression from their website that they have a chef lined up and for larger events they have a group of caterers/vendors lined up. Many DJ's and Bands are available, so there isn't a lot of training/hiring needed as I see it. The business issue is working capital from Columbus Day to My 1, 2019 when there may be no revenue. It is possible, depending on home port, to heat the interior spaces and operate without actually cruising. If they have AC, they probably have heat, yes?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #129
Poor Richard

I was at WAM over the weekend and took a morning stroll with my daughter around the property. We meandered over to see the progress at The Dive and I was surprised at the considerable amount of work still to be completed.

Even with my curiosity meter pegging at 12, we did not board the vessel however I'd estimate there is a solid month's worth of work for a crew of 8+.

While this establishment isn't necessarily up my alley, I hope the owners at least get their maiden voyage in this season.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard For This Useful Post:
smith point boater (06-19-2018), strum (06-19-2018), webmaster (06-19-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #130
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I was at WAM over the weekend and took a morning stroll with my daughter around the property. We meandered over to see the progress at The Dive and I was surprised at the considerable amount of work still to be completed.

Even with my curiosity meter pegging at 12, we did not board the vessel however I'd estimate there is a solid month's worth of work for a crew of 8+.

While this establishment isn't necessarily up my alley, I hope the owners at least get their maiden voyage in this season.

Thanks for the update and photos. Awesome!!

Old 06-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #131
strum

Doesn t look like much finish work has been done?

Long way to go!!
The Following User Says Thank You to strum For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #132
kawishiwi

Default Ice fishing

This looks like its on track to be the fanciest bob house on the lake. Anchor over a winter hotspot, let it freeze in place, drill a series of 6" to 8" holes & rent jiggin poles. Serve hot chocolate....

I am speeding up my 3 year estimate of its sale to a shorefront restaurant to that happening within a year.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #133
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post

Thanks for the updated pictures. I have a feeling we will likely not see the dive out and about this year. While they may have secured help and a chef with ambitious hopes. Getting through all the regulatory issues, permitting etc. generally takes longer then planned. In fact it sinks many business every year. They also may have run into funding issues, investors pulling out etc. When things didn't happen as planned.

Bottom line is pulling off a venture like this is no small task. There is heart and soul being put into this venture I am sure. But heart and soul don't by much in the business world.

I hope that these people are able to succeed. I think it would be a neat business on the lake.... Although not to this scale, we have seen similar businesses tried to take advantage of the Party spots, by providing food over the years. This venture will show if scale was the issue in the past, or if there just isn't a workable model that will succeed.

Now I don't mean to imply past attempts have failed financially. What I am implying is that past attempts have not been successful enough to warrant continued service.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #134
Descant

Default Timing

I think the solid money is in weddings and events, not selling hot dogs on sand bars. If they get out on the water in 2018 with a few ticketed events, bands etc. they will book big events for 2019 and be very successful. In the meantime, as mentioned above, if there is a homeport where they can just be a dockside night club in the fall, there can be some good cash flow and add to interest for 2019 event bookings. Tied to the right dock for Bike Week 2019 could be a great money maker, if they aren't already wedding/event booked. I see a lot of options here just because people want some thing unique.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #135
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I'm confused, why would it be any more challenging than approaching a wide-open dock? I've seen some poor docking performances (my own included), but I have yet to see anyone t-bone one.
I picture multiple boats trying to get into one spot for pickup...
Old 06-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #136
ITD

Am I the only one who looks at that and has visions of it capsized with a load of people in it? I'm wondering if stability tests are required for it?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #137
Woodsy

Its built on barge... similar to the Winni Belle. I am sure before it gets a permit to operate the MP will do a shakedown cruise and inspection. Just like they do on the Mount and the Belle every year.

Wooodsy
Old 06-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #138
Phantom

What surprises me most is that the new owners have been totally "mute" on the forum ………. a great platform for them to address these "speculations", update their progress & intents, etc., etc...………..

Surprises me that they are (apparently) oblivious to a great marketing opportunity or simply choose not to participate - which is a shame unto itself !

Just an observation -- not a criticism or judgement

webmaster (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 06:37 AM   #139
joey2665

As we know this forum can be a double edged sword so maybe they have decided to opt out to avoid criticism and skeptics before they are even up and running. As with any business on the lake a truly hope they succeed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Descant (06-20-2018), lakewind (06-22-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #140
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
What surprises me most is that the new owners have been totally "mute" on the forum ………. a great platform for them to address these "speculations", update their progress & intents, etc., etc...………..

Surprises me that they are (apparently) oblivious to a great marketing opportunity or simply choose not to participate - which is a shame unto itself !

Just an observation -- not a criticism or judgement

There are a couple of ways to look at this.... I think they are doing the right thing, which is staying quiet until the can announce a launch date, and maidan voyage...

Someone else mention safety concerns with capsizing. As Woody pointed out they will have to go through inspection I am sure, just like other commercial vessels on the lake. I don't know what this entails on an inland waterway like winnipesaukee. But on lake Champlain under Coast Guard jurisdiction it was an undertaking, including the boats having to come out of the water every so many years....... Having been build upon a barge, and presumably with adjustable ballast, I would have to believe that it will be fairly stable.....

As with anything... there are many what ifs.... What if the vessel looses steerage... whoops the mount did that and almost took out a boat house in Center Harbor... Whoops lake is low and the mail boat got suck on a rock.... Come on folks, this business is going to be insured... the insurance company is going to dictate safety standards to maintain coverage, and presumably there will be some kind of business loan, and the bank will not let the company operate with out insurance... There may be days where she can't leave port because the Captain will not believe it is safe to do so... But I believe we should give these people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to safety of the vessel, until proven otherwise.... The could have thrown something together and been out on the water by now.... instead they appear to be doing everything right, hoping for a successful launch....
chipj29 (06-21-2018), Dave R (06-20-2018), Descant (06-21-2018), GBGX2 (06-20-2018), ishoot308 (06-20-2018), Phantom (06-20-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #141
The Real BigGuy

Well said! For some reason, every time somebody comes up with an idea we all assume they haven’t done their due diligence and start pointing out potential problems/errors/loopholes. We search for the negative. (I’m guilty as charged). We need to give them a chance to provide a product/service we can evaluate then provide an analysis based on experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post:
tis (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 AM   #142
smith point boater

Default Check their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=the%20dive

They were advertising insulated mugs on their Facebook page yesterday
Old 06-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #143
brk-lnt

I wonder if the top deck will be high enough to parachute off of?
LIforrelaxin (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #144
ishoot308

Thanked 4,904 Times in 1,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
I wonder if the top deck will be high enough to parachute off of?
Bungee Jumping!
brk-lnt (06-22-2018), LIforrelaxin (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #145
LIforrelaxin

I have been looking at the pictures, thinking a nice water slide from the top deck along the side would be cool.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #146
Sinclair

I vote for human slingshot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sinclair For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (06-22-2018), FlyingScot (06-22-2018), LIforrelaxin (06-25-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #147
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I have been looking at the pictures, thinking a nice water slide from the top deck along the side would be cool.
Oh ya... the insurance premiums would be prohibitive, no doubt.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:35 PM   #148
SIKSUKR

Or better yet,Naked jumping from the top like the Willy T in the BVI's.
Attached Images

brk-lnt (06-28-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #149
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Or better yet,Naked jumping from the top like the Willy T in the BVI's.Name:  willyts.jpeg
Views: 4393
Size:  11.0 KB
Looks like she has her keepsemfromfloppin in her hand.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #150
ITD

Quote:
Oh, be careful for what you wish, that could be a frightening experience.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:09 AM   #151
Rich

Quote:
I'm guessing that they named it "The DIVE" to subliminally encourage people to dive off the top?

I guess naming it "The Naked Dive" would have been too obvious!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #152
Descant

Quote:
I'm guessing that they named it "The DIVE" to subliminally encourage people to dive off the top?

I guess naming it "The Naked Dive" would have been too obvious!
I think the owner is a SCUBA diver. Also striking some irony between a dive type bar and what I expect will be very upscale.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #153
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Oh, be careful for what you wish, that could be a frightening experience.
Having been to Willy T's, I can certify that this would be a concern.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #154
Taz

Default Willy t's

Also experienced Willy T. 1st time in 2006 and it was wild! Fun too! Our whole crew took the naked plunge. Next time 2009 was a different story. Was not very busy and no jumping from the upper deck. Story I heard someone was seriously injured. Next experience 2013. Much busier but not nearly as much fun, very toned down, there was some jumping from upper deck again but was never the same as the 1st experience.

The upper deck jumping would never happen here.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #155
gravy boat

Default The Dive

Anybody know where it will call its home base? I assume it has to be docked somewhere and call it home. Will it take on passengers at its home location? Will there be parking for groups?
if it has a wedding or a party in Gilford or Laconia will it be able to dock at the Glendale docks or Wiers for 1/2 hour to pick up the group? Where will members of the group park?
Will it require town or state permission as a commercial vessel to retrieve passengers from Glendale, Weirs, Meredith docks?
When it does not have a charter will it be at Braun or another popular gathering spot for the entire day or ride from spot to spot? May take a while to get from one spot to another.
While it will sell alcohol I believe the laws require the beverages to be consumed on the premises. While the novelty is great, how many times will people spend $10+for a drink before just staying in their own boat at the sandbar and mixing their own much cheaper cocktail?

Not trying to be negative but this has been tried before and the above were not ironed out beforehand. Hopefully it does wel!
Old 07-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #156
rsmlp

Default Dive

Haven't seen it and if it's not out now it never will be. Crazy busy on the lake the last two days...
Old 07-02-2018, 06:56 AM   #157
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Anybody know where it will call its home base? I assume it has to be docked somewhere and call it home. Will it take on passengers at its home location? Will there be parking for groups?

if it has a wedding or a party in Gilford or Laconia will it be able to dock at the Glendale docks or Wiers for 1/2 hour to pick up the group? Where will members of the group park?

Will it require town or state permission as a commercial vessel to retrieve passengers from Glendale, Weirs, Meredith docks?

When it does not have a charter will it be at Braun or another popular gathering spot for the entire day or ride from spot to spot? May take a while to get from one spot to another.

While it will sell alcohol I believe the laws require the beverages to be consumed on the premises. While the novelty is great, how many times will people spend $10+for a drink before just staying in their own boat at the sandbar and mixing their own much cheaper cocktail?

Not trying to be negative but this has been tried before and the above were not ironed out beforehand. Hopefully it does wel!

All good questions I suggest you post them
on their Facebook page and hopefully you’ll get your answers

Old 07-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #158
NH4me

Loons, rumbling boat motors, kids shrieking as they enjoy the water . . . all of those are enjoyable sounds. TVs and loud music would totally ruin the ambiance of the lake for me if I lived either on shore or on an island close to where the Dive could be anchored. Comparisons were made to the Winnipesaukee Belle, but when the Belle cruises by, the lights and music are fleeting. That makes it fun to see - maybe not so if someone were subjected to it for hours. Hope all of the pros and cons have been considered . . .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NH4me For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (07-02-2018), Hillcountry (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #159
Hillcountry

I think, perhaps, besides making all the permit requirements, the driving factor is pursuance of the almighty dollar...noise pollution is probably low on the consideration list...
There is a cross section of the lake populous that will love it, however.
To each his own.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #160
GBGX2

Default Menu Posted Today !

https://www.facebook.com/thedivelake...555340/?type=3
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2018, 06:10 AM   #161
GBGX2

Default Posted last night on their Facebook page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post

Very good news! We are so close to opening and we are hiring for all positions. If anyone is interested in summer work please pm us!
The Following User Says Thank You to GBGX2 For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (07-08-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #162
rsmlp

Quote:
Very good news! We are so close to opening and we are hiring for all positions. If anyone is interested in summer work please pm us!

Better late than never but you just missed the busiest week I have seen in 20 years on the lake...
Old 07-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #163
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
Better late than never but you just missed the busiest week I have seen in 20 years on the lake...
Yeah...summer's over...everybody go home please!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
kawishiwi (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #164
kawishiwi

Default Better be...

... a damned good burger. A bacon cheeseburger & fries for $18.25 including tax? Drink NOT included. There is just no way people will pay that twice. Maybe once, maybe.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #165
TheVoiceOfReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
... a damned good burger. A bacon cheeseburger & fries for $18.25 including tax? Drink NOT included. There is just no way people will pay that twice. Maybe once, maybe.
I think you're underestimating the amount of $$$ on the lake these days. If you look at it as $13 for the burger and fries and $5 for the convenience fee to have them bring it to you by boat it's actually not all that bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (07-08-2018), ishoot308 (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #166
Doobs41378

We went out for burgers a few weeks ago in N Conway. 3 burgers fries and a drink was over $60 bucks and there was no waiter or waitress. We ordered at the counter and waited.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #167
fatlazyless

..... probably cost maybe $400 to get the 2018 boat registration sticker from the NH-MP for this motorized vessel, aka a boat, so the money has to come from somewhere to offset the expenses ..... as long as it's a business and not just someone's hobby boat?
Old 07-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #168
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

I'm assuming the $18 burger comes with a $5 bill.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2018, 02:12 PM   #169
Hillcountry

Food is expensive everywhere in the Lakes Region..."pay up sucker"
Old 07-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #170
Poor Richard

I might be in the minority here but there's a certain irony I see with people squawking about food prices whilst owning a boat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard For This Useful Post:
Reilly (07-08-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #171
The Real BigGuy

I think it is more that they are pointing out there are more competitively prices options

Old 07-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #172
joey2665

Quote:
I think it is more that they are pointing out there are more competitively prices options

You are paying for the convenience of a "drive thru" on the water. Of course there is going to be an upcharge, not really hard to understand.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #173
Poor Richard

My point is, $18 is a drop in the bucket when comparing other costs associated with going to and being out on the water, food included.

It costs at least 3x that at any given marina to launch a boat and park the truck Sat and Sun...no reach around. $60 or more just to get into the pool.

At least with 18 bucks in burgers and fries, I have a full belly and..........and............and now I'm hungry!
Old 07-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #174
Cal Coon

I think people will pay as long as they don't walk away hungry, and the food has to be decent, or they won't be back. How have movie theaters been getting away with outrageous prices all these years...?
Old 07-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #175
noreast

I'm sure they've done the marketing research, I wonder what the percent of boaters on the lake they feel will be their customers. I could be wrong but I don't think it's the wealthy that hit the sand bars in a high percent. The problem may be that perception is reality, if there is a problem that is, A large percent of boaters may think it's a crazy price. I would think they will make the money on alcohol and large group rentals or cruises. I'm very interested to see how it goes. Wish them the best.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #176
kawishiwi

Default Betting the over/under...

I am betting the number of posters to this thread that actually pay $18.25 for a bacon cheez burger & fries from the Dive is less than 1.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #177
joey2665

Quote:
I am betting the number of posters to this thread that actually pay $18.25 for a bacon cheez burger & fries from the Dive is less than 1.

Disagree. To me at least I’d rather do that than waste and hour trying to get a space at a town dock on a busy weekend or worse yet having an argument over a spot with another boater.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #178
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Disagree. To me at least I’d rather do that than waste and hour trying to get a space at a town dock on a busy weekend or worse yet having an argument over a spot with another boater.

Well we haven’t seen what kind of boat traffic the dive is going to create yet...my question is who the hell is going to control/police the flow of food seekers flocking in from wherever to get their food!??
Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #179
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Well we haven’t seen what kind of boat traffic the dive is going to create yet...my question is who the hell is going to control/police the flow of food seekers flocking in from wherever to get their food!??

I believe boater will place their orders via phone and then receive a return call when there is a spot available to pick up when your order is ready.

I don’t think you will be able to just tie up and order. If that is the case then I completely agree with you.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #180
Billy Bob

Default Looks great

About time we get a little excitement on the lake.
Prices seem what you would expect .
Perfect menu for the water
Hope they have a great sound system
Old 07-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #181
kawishiwi

Default Can't wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post

...to read your bacon cheeseburger review...
Old 07-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #182
joey2665

Quote:
...to read your bacon cheeseburger review...

If they are open this season and I get there I will certainly give you a review of the bacon cheeseburger and as a bonus for you I will review the pretzel.

The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
kawishiwi (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 06:01 AM   #183
gravy boat

Default The Dive

Quote:
I believe the overall demographic of posters on this forum (including moi) doesn't match the overall demographic of partiers at Braun Bay. I believe 20 and 30 somethings will certainly pay that price and not question it. It beats a soggy wrap from the boat cooler any day!
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
Descant (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #184
GBGX2

Default The opinions may change...

Here is a photo posted today on their Facebook Page:
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #185
Hillcountry

Quote:
Here is a photo posted today on their Facebook Page:
Man that thing looks huge!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 AM   #186
GBGX2

Default The Latest on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/16544150545...7290522308104/
Old 07-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #187
Sinclair

It looks beautiful. Congratulations!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:20 AM   #188
Rich

I heard that they are going out for a test ride today. Just waiting for the NH food inspection.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #189
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Looks very nice, and the dive logo/marketing scheme is cute.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #190
Phantom

Quote:
I heard that they are going out for a test ride today. Just waiting for the NH food inspection.
Someone get pictures !!!

I won't be up/out until tomorrow

Old 07-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #191
fatlazyless

Default ...... starboard adult beverage take-out?

From what I know, adult beverages are not sold from a take-out window anywhere in New Hampshire.

Will be interesting to see if adult beverages are sold from the Dive's drive by, take-out, starboard side?

On the starboard side, it may always be 'five o'clock', but the smart money says the starboard take-out will not be including adult beverages.

: so, is starboard on the right, or on the left side of the Dive ....... which side? ......where's the drive-in take-out adult beverage lane?
Old 07-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #192
joey2665

Default Maiden Voyage

Pictures of the maiden voyage

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142345922446654/
Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #193
fatlazyless

Considering that none of the 80 NH state liquor stores have drive up windows, is it legal in NH to sell or dispense beer, wine or alcoholic beverages through a drive up, take-out window, or for boats pulling up along side a barge like this proposed new 'Dive' business?

Alcoholic beverage laws are probably complex ....... is there an alcoholic attorney on board here?

Like, what could possibly be better than pulling up to the drive-thru on your jetski, and leaving with a Red Bull & vodka, without having to get off your jetski ....... talk about a power up?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-13-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #194
GBGX2

Default Great new pictures !

http://<br /> <br /> https://www.fac...type=3&theater
Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #195
The Real BigGuy

Wow!! Looks great!!!

Old 07-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #196
Poor Richard

When are the burgers and fries coming?
Old 07-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #197
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

I wish them success! It looks like a lot of fun.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #198
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Question The Dive ??????

The Dive???

Did it ever set sail?

No other Posts since late MAY???
Old 07-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #199
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
The Dive???

Did it ever set sail?

They did some shakedown cruising and are waiting for state booze license I think...
Old 07-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #200
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
The Dive???

Did it ever set sail?

I posted a link above from a Facebook group with photos.
Closed Thread