Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
LongShort

Default Winnipesaukee Home Associations

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people had some information on the different home associations around the lake. My wife and I looked at homes at Meredith Bay, Long Bay, South Downs and Grouse Point. I know there are other associations out there and was wondering how these associations compare as far as number of homes, amenities, boat access (docks, moorings, valet), annual dues, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
LongShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Just north of us are Balmoral and Suissevale. There's also a ton of smaller, less "concentrated" associations, such as Toltec on Hanson Mill in Moultonborough.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongShort View Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people had some information on the different home associations around the lake. My wife and I looked at homes at Meredith Bay, Long Bay, South Downs and Grouse Point. I know there are other associations out there and was wondering how these associations compare as far as number of homes, amenities, boat access (docks, moorings, valet), annual dues, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have owned in 3 of HOAs you are considering and way back looked into Grouse Point. I just built a home in Meredith Bay. I was a board member in Long Bay and I am now on the architectural review board in MB. If you have specific questions or would like some insite feel free to send me a PM.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #4
LongShort

Default The better question to start for me...

is what other associations are out there? I can find a lot of information online about these associations but trying to identify them has been harder. I may just have to speak with a local real estate agent. I was trying to avoid that right now but probably easiest way to figure out what's out there. Thanks!
LongShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
FlyingScot

Quote:
is what other associations are out there? I can find a lot of information online about these associations but trying to identify them has been harder. I may just have to speak with a local real estate agent. I was trying to avoid that right now but probably easiest way to figure out what's out there. Thanks!
With all due respect, I think the reverse approach might be easier. Rather than use associations to find a home, you could use home listings to find an appropriate association. Go to one of the many real estate web sites, enter criteria, and visit any homes that look good to you online. The agent will then describe the association, town, and other surrounding features.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (08-13-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #6
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:

If you really want to know about an HOA ask someone that is or had owned there you will get a better perspectives without the agenda of trying to sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Resident 2B (08-13-2018), thinkxingu (08-12-2018)