Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Charlie T

Default Oil Heat Service

Does anyone have any recommendations for a really good oil heat servicer?

I've used the local same guy for 10 + years with requests for yearly tune ups and cleanings. Today we had no heat/ hot water so I called "my guy" who told me he didn't have time for me and to call whoever delivers my oil.

I called Eastern who sent out a Fabulous service tech. The tech evaluated the system and upon inspection told my son who was at the house for the weekend that "in 27 years I've only seen one oil boiler that had a bigger build up of soot and ash. He said there was no way "my guy" had been properly servicing the unit over the years as the fire box and areas between the boiler sections were filled completely and he had to saw them out to clean the thing. I'd be thrilled to have this guy from Eastern do all my service but I fear with a big company that you get who you get and some may not be as great and thorough as this tech was. Does anyone have comments on Easterns service tech's in general? If they are all top notch like the tech that visited today, I'm more than happy to continue to use them for service. If anyone has other recommendations I'm open to suggestions. Just as a foot note, the system is a burnam boiler with a Riello burner and power vent system which seems to be the item that causes the most difficulty for techs that don't fully understand how they work and how to adjust them ..... Other than getting someone to actually clean the damn boiler properly .

Any advice is appreciated.

Charlie T
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote