Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Sunrise Point

Default septic contractors/installers

We just received notice that our septic design has been approved. We would appreciate any recommendations on septic contractors/installers. The project would involve connecting the existing camps to a new system.

We have a densely wooded waterfront lot with a long narrow drive and would prefer not to cut down any trees to accomodate access for large excavators. I am especially interested in contractors who can appreciate old camps and pine needles. This is not a McMansion in the making.

Thank you!
Sunrise Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
ACutAbove

Try jerry's backhoe service 603-677-2352 he does installs of this kind.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Belkin

Default Septic Installer

We just had one done by R. A. Dunlap & Son (284-7077). He had a reasonable price for a complex install in a narrow lot with lots of trees. Everything was done as expected. He is very easy to work with and explains everything that is going on.
Belkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
dmjr

Call David Donnelly, Donnelly & Son Excavation in Center Tuftonboro, very good work. 603-569-8006
Old 11-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
DREAMS

Default Where are you located ?

Give Lake Winni Island Property Management a call at 603-253-7091. They have experience with septic installations including island work requiring tight areas and minimal tree damage/removal. At this point, I think you will most likely be looking at a spring installation. Good luck!
DREAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Little Bear

W.F. Richards & Son of Meredith did my septic (as well as all of the sitework) at my new house. They were under budget and ahead of schedule during the entire project. We had a difficult septic design on a steep slope, and they handled it with no problem. 603-279-4314.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
Sunrise Point

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will try and call each one. There has been a delay in the process....it seems that the state is having trouble printing and returning approved designs. I have the approval number, but not a stamped (approved) set of drawings as of yet. I would rather have the approved design in hand before I ask anyone to come out to the site.

The designer called last week to say the state was having difficulties and would get the approved drawings out as soon as they could. We began this process in August and were hoping to be a lot further along at this point. It would have been nice to have the construction done before the ground freezes solid. Springtime is iffy out this way with all of the weight restrictions on the roads.

It is ironic that I received notice of the approval from a contractor who watches the DES website and wanted to bid on the job-not from the state or the designer.

Hoping for the best.....
Old 12-04-2007, 07:49 AM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Sunrise. If you know the link to check permits on the des site, could you post it here? I have tried to find it, but can't seem to. I thought it was posted here before by someone but couldn't find it with search either. THanks.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
Sunrise Point

I hope this link works for you:

http://www.des.state.nh.us/SSB/

otherwise, go to www.des.state.nh.us and under A-Z topics on the home page, you will find a link to Septic. When you get to that page, there should be a link to Application and Approval Status.

Good Luck!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Sunrise. Thank you for providing the link. That is what I had but I couldn't find what I wanted. I PM'd you with the explanation. It did help in that at least I knew I had the right place, just couldn't get it as you will see.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote