Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #1
WJT2

Default NHDES and Dock Registration Fee's

Anyone have any info regarding this new "law"? It was initially explained to me that if you were doing dock repairs to a permanent dock this was an alternative to the previous permitting fee and process which cost $400. This new rule would cost $200 and you would register your dock with NDES. This registration is good for 5 years. At that time it needs to be renewed $200 for 5 years and renewed at that fee (or higher if it goes up) very five years. At this point in time it seems to be a money grab (vehicle inspection fee) for the DES and doesn't seem to benefit the dock owner at all. You still cannot repair anything that is below the high water mark of 504'. Replacing framing and decking does not require a permit. If you need to replace a post that is "driven" into the Lake bed that changes all the rules. Why do I need to pay $200 and register my dock? I'll just fix the planks my feet walk on and bank the $200. Am I missing something? Thanks' to all in advance.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
uschisk

Onshore posted information on this on another thread
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=27116
Closed Thread