Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
map

Default Snow plowing at The Weirs

So it will be about a month until we move into our new home in February (crazy month to move!).

We need someone in the meantime to plow and also shovel/snow blow a path from our driveway to the walk out basement entrance in the back of the house.

It is a teeny, tiny lot with a very small driveway. This is important because when we get up there the movers need to put all our belongings in that basement, including big items like my husband's work bench, etc. which need to be wheeled over plywood.

Ideally we would like to pay per plow instead of a seasonal fee since we only need this for about 4- 6 weeks and are bleeding money right now with all the moving expenses. But of course, will consider a seasonal flat rate if reasonable.

We have a snowblower and could take over the task going forward once we move there.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations. (PS we live out of state)
map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
So it will be about a month until we move into our new home in February (crazy month to move!).

We need someone in the meantime to plow and also shovel/snow blow a path from our driveway to the walk out basement entrance in the back of the house.

It is a teeny, tiny lot with a very small driveway. This is important because when we get up there the movers need to put all our belongings in that basement, including big items like my husband's work bench, etc. which need to be wheeled over plywood.

Ideally we would like to pay per plow instead of a seasonal fee since we only need this for about 4- 6 weeks and are bleeding money right now with all the moving expenses. But of course, will consider a seasonal flat rate if reasonable.

We have a snowblower and could take over the task going forward once we move there.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations. (PS we live out of state)

Welcome to NH.

I can't recommend anyone for your specific area but I am glad you are thinking "ahead".

We once had furniture delivery in the winter and the guys refused to move it in because the paths were not wide enough and there was too much snow/ice packed down on the driveway. We had to reschedule.

One suggestion may be to use the same person the current owners are using, or maybe use the guy who does the place next to yours.

Best of luck with your move!

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
map (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
map

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Welcome to NH.

I can't recommend anyone for your specific area but I am glad you are thinking "ahead".

We once had furniture delivery in the winter and the guys refused to move it in because the paths were not wide enough and there was too much snow/ice packed down on the driveway. We had to reschedule.

One suggestion may be to use the same person the current owners are using, or maybe use the guy who does the place next to yours.

Best of luck with your move!
Thanks! Yes- we are waiting on a quote from a guy that does some of the driveways in the community. He charges a seasonal rate but because we need that path, he has to go see what is involved before he quotes us. We got one already from someone else who also went out to look at it but it seemed really high.

It is a new construction house so there is no previous owner except the builder.

I guess we are a little surprised how expensive the quotes are so far because in our former home we had a 700+ foot driveway- with a bridge and a large turnaround on top near the house- property was 10 1/2 acres- and we were charged by the plow and it never came out to more than $450 for the season (about 10 plows- over 1- 2 inches only).

The new house has such a tiny driveway- in fact- I laugh that people get them plowed at all! A few swipes of the snowblower and they would be done! Even shoveling would be a piece of cake.

Ok- we do need that path-and probably will need sand and salt to be on the safe side with the movers- but the property is like a postage stamp- and the plowing quotes we are getting are more than at our former home!

That said- we need to get this in place so just need a few more quotes.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #4
8gv

Sorry but I have nobody to recommend.

Welcome to the forum and NH!

8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
map (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #5
Charlie T

Default Island Support Service

Try contacting Island Support Service. I use them for my home, they charge very reasonable prices on a per incident basis. Very reliable and Very good work. Ask for Chip.

Welcome.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post:
map (12-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #6
map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
Try contacting Island Support Service. I use them for my home, they charge very reasonable prices on a per incident basis. Very reliable and Very good work. Ask for Chip.

Welcome.
Thank you. Do you have a phone number?
Old 12-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
Charlie T

Default Phone number

I don't have the phone number handy but Google is your friend. Island support service.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post:
map (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
I don't have the phone number handy but Google is your friend. Island support service.
Yes. I assume they are a construction company? I did send a Facebook message to them to see if they are the same ones you are referring to.

Last edited by map; 12-21-2019 at 10:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to map For This Useful Post:
Garcia (12-22-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
Barney Bear

Default To The Rescuo

I'm sure that someone from Welch Island will provide this number for you. 🐻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:09 AM   #10
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Bear View Post
I'm sure that someone from Welch Island will provide this number for you. 🐻
Chip at ISS: 393-9620
-
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (12-22-2019), map (12-22-2019)