Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Par Four

Default What's your best find?

What's your best find while out on or in the lake?

We stop and pickup any floating junk we see, every time. We wind up with lots of tennis balls and such, but I think all of my boat fenders have been found floating out there.

My best find was one early evening in that special time and light when the surface of the water turns silvery and nearly calm. We had just turned on our running lights and were running pretty hard for home (faster than today's daytime sped limit).

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a slight something on the surface about 30' off. I reduced power and came about in MOB style and was able to follow my wake back to the spot and found a 5' aluminum pole LED stern light floating on the surface.

It's not the most exciting find of all time, but the odds of spotting a shiney aluminum pole in the silvery evening water are pretty long odds.

The more valuable find was at dawn off of Weirs I came upon a 26' or so FourWinns Liberator that had come off its mooring and was heading that away.

I put a line on it and towed it to the end slip of the public dock and tied it up and left a message for Marine Patrol.

So what have you found out there?
Par Four is offline   Reply With Quote