Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2018, 05:41 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Thumbs up $19.88 Plymouth Wal-Mart oil change-major upgrade

You know that 19.88 oil change in Plymouth just got a whole lot better! Why did it get a whole lot better? Well, thank-you for asking. I will tell you why it got a whole lot better.

Yes, the reason why the $19.88 Plymouth Wal-Mart oil change just got a whole lot better is because ........ drum roll here .....rat-a-tat-tat ..... the Plymouth Wal-Mart made a very remarkable and truly signifigant upgrade by upgrading their coffee machine to a bright turquoise colored Kuerig coffee machine, which the store also has for sale over in their small appliance section.

Every day at 7-pm or so, when the oil change & tires (7am-7pm, 7-days) locks up for the day, the box of k-cup coffee gets locked up too, to keep it away from the night crew.

Word is the old glass pot of coffee sitting on the heater pad all day was removed because it was a safety hazard, scolding water, customer safety issue and got replaced with a Kuerig which also makes a great, fresh cup of coffee.

About the oil change ...... is 5-qts, new oil filter, inflate the tires as needed, check/top the fluids, check the air filter, reset the 5000-mile oil time, nitwit warning light ..... for $19.88. With local NH driving, 5000-mile oil changes are plenty good enough ...... no need for 3000-mile oil changes.

My car has 130,000-miles and is still running with the original set of brake pads, 4-spark plugs, upper and lower radiator hoses, & engine belt ...... try doing that down in Boston ..... NH is cruise control country. However, is now time to go down to that KTM car repair in Plymouth and get some new brakes. As soon as the warm weather hits ..... will tinker with replacing the spark plugs, hoses, and belt ..... by myself, out in the driveway?

So far, I got zero traffic violations, zero accidents, and one bumper crusher-bender ...... when a 70-year old woman backed into me in the Plymouth Wal-Mart parking lot. I think maybe she was checking her phone and backing out of her parking space at the same time because I leaned on my horn, honked and honked, but she never stopped, and said she never saw my car. Oh well, she told took responsibility, telling the Plymouth lady cop, it was totally her fault, she was very sorry, and as a result my $250-deductible was not held back ..... so's thanks to her.....the USAA and Allstate....I ended up with an extra $550-cash plus a do-it-myself ...... totally totally totally perfect..... fix on my crunched rear corner bumper ....... hooyeh!!!

How to fix a bumper bang-up: Get yourself a small inflatable soccer ball and an air pump; deflate the ball, place it behind the crunched bumper, inflate the ball, and watch in awe as the bumper pops back to original shape with just small damage to the paint that can be spray do-it-youselfed as well.

Been stopped by a Thornton cop last October on Rt 49, at dusk, for a burnt out head light who must have had nothing much to do at the time because he went over me and my car for like ten minutes trying to find out what's up .... if anything was up .... he would have found it.

For brakes, is best to go to someone who know what the heck they are doing, me-thinks?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-05-2018 at 06:40 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
8gv

Although spark plugs can last much longer now I still change them at 60,000 miles.

It may be paranoia on my part but I am concerned about the plugs being stuck and carrying threads out with them.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:40 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

And so it continues, the endless bucket of useless information.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
And so it continues, the endless bucket of useless information.

Just racking up the posts to stay #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #5
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Yes, the reason why the $19.88 Plymouth Wal-Mart oil change just got a whole lot better is because ........ drum roll here .....rat-a-tat-tat ..... the Plymouth Wal-Mart made a very remarkable and truly signifigant upgrade by upgrading their coffee machine to a bright turquoise colored Kuerig coffee machine, which the store also has for sale over in their small appliance section.

Word is the old glass pot of coffee sitting on the heater pad all day was removed because it was a safety hazard, scolding water, customer safety issue and got replaced with a Kuerig which also makes a great, fresh cup of coffee.
That is good news about the coffee. Did you slip a couple of the Kuerig coffee containers in your pocket?
I never knew that about "scolding water", was it real loud when you got scolded?
Old 04-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #6
fatlazyless

... oopsie.....my bad.....make that 'scalding' like what could be a safety issue in this situation....

Wal-Mart carries their strongest k-cup flavor, French Roast k-cups, in a 12/$4.47 bx, and believe the Tire Lube Xpress there in scenic Plymouth NH with the big, wide view of Mt Cube and the White Mt Nat'l Forest had a 48pk bx of Great Value House brew ......so you betcha.....I stuffed a dozen k-cups in my pocket when no one was look'n ....... ho-ho-ho-hee-hee-hee .....not!
Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
The Real BigGuy

Please, Don’t encourage him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #8
Rusty

Quote:
... oopsie.....my bad.....make that 'scalding' like what could be a safety issue in this situation....

Wal-Mart carries their strongest k-cup flavor, French Roast k-cups, in a 12/$4.47 bx, and believe the Tire Lube Xpress there in scenic Plymouth NH with the big, wide view of Mt Cube and the White Mt Nat'l Forest had a 48pk bx of Great Value House brew ......so you betcha.....I stuffed a dozen k-cups in my pocket when no one was look'n ....... ho-ho-ho-hee-hee-hee .....not!
Watch out for security cameras, they are all over the place. Taking a dozen K-cups might be a little too many.
French roast is my favorite brew so leave a few there just incase I get my oil changed for that fantastic price of $19.88.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #9
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Watch out for security cameras, they are all over the place. Taking a dozen K-cups might be a little too many.
French roast is my favorite brew so leave a few there just incase I get my oil changed for that fantastic price of $19.88.
Don't forget to visit the store and get your noodles to keep you afloat.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #10
Outdoorsman

Angry

Quote:
You know that 19.88 oil change in Plymouth just got a whole lot better! Why did it get a whole lot better? Well, thank-you for asking. I will tell you why it got a whole lot better.

Every day at 7-pm or so, when the oil change & tires (7am-7pm, 7-days) locks up for the day, the box of k-cup coffee gets locked up too, to keep it away from the night crew.

About the oil change ...... is 5-qts, new oil filter, inflate the tires as needed, check/top the fluids, check the air filter, reset the 5000-mile oil time, nitwit warning light ..... for $19.88. With local NH driving, 5000-mile oil changes are plenty good enough ...... no need for 3000-mile oil changes.

My car has 130,000-miles and is still running with the original set of brake pads, 4-spark plugs, upper and lower radiator hoses, & engine belt ...... try doing that down in Boston ..... NH is cruise control country. However, is now time to go down to that KTM car repair in Plymouth and get some new brakes. As soon as the warm weather hits ..... will tinker with replacing the spark plugs, hoses, and belt ..... by myself, out in the driveway?

So far, I got zero traffic violations, zero accidents, and one bumper crusher-bender ...... when a 70-year old woman backed into me in the Plymouth Wal-Mart parking lot. I think maybe she was checking her phone and backing out of her parking space at the same time because I leaned on my horn, honked and honked, but she never stopped, and said she never saw my car. Oh well, she told took responsibility, telling the Plymouth lady cop, it was totally her fault, she was very sorry, and as a result my $250-deductible was not held back ..... so's thanks to her.....the USAA and Allstate....I ended up with an extra $550-cash plus a do-it-myself ...... totally totally totally perfect..... fix on my crunched rear corner bumper ....... hooyeh!!!

How to fix a bumper bang-up: Get yourself a small inflatable soccer ball and an air pump; deflate the ball, place it behind the crunched bumper, inflate the ball, and watch in awe as the bumper pops back to original shape with just small damage to the paint that can be spray do-it-youselfed as well.

Been stopped by a Thornton cop last October on Rt 49, at dusk, for a burnt out head light who must have had nothing much to do at the time because he went over me and my car for like ten minutes trying to find out what's up .... if anything was up .... he would have found it.

For brakes, is best to go to someone who know what the heck they are doing, me-thinks?

I get it now! You are SAM WALTON! It is the only thing that makes sense
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #11
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
I get it now! You are SAM WALTON! It is the only thing that makes sense
Wrong!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYqgNUkymh4

Note the waterfowl circling the boat waiting for the
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #12
fatlazyless

Don't know if this is really true or not .... but read somewhere or other ..... that Walmart prosecutes shop lifters and if convicted in local court .... they ask the court to issue a 'stay out of Walmart order to the individual' ..... and thereafter the Walmart security cameras supposedly will recognize the convicted shop lifter through face recognition technology and the store will call the local police...

Both the Plymouth and Gilford Walmarts seem to run a very tight ship, and you can find discontinued bargains for items like paint, and car rear view mirrors, and other things. For example, for five dollars down at the Tilton Walmart, I just got a First Alert drinking water test kit that gives immediate results without sending the water sample to a lab .......reg price 19.95 ......double discount price 9.95 down to 5.00. For 26-years I've been using the Lake Winni water, straight out of the lake, unfiltered and unscreened, drawn from a depth of five feet ....... what comes out of the kitchen faucet is Lake Winnipesaukee .....so's for five bucks ....what the heck ......golly gee .....a water test?
Old 04-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #13
Biggd

Quote:
Don't know if this is really true or not .... but read somewhere or other ..... that Walmart prosecutes shop lifters and if convicted in local court .... they ask the court to issue a 'stay out of Walmart order to the individual' ..... and thereafter the Walmart security cameras supposedly will recognize the convicted shop lifter through face recognition technology and the store will call the local police...

Both the Plymouth and Gilford Walmarts seem to run a very tight ship, and you can find discontinued bargains for items like paint, and car rear view mirrors, and other things. For example, for five dollars down at the Tilton Walmart, I just got a First Alert drinking water test kit that gives immediate results without sending the water sample to a lab .......reg price 19.95 ......double discount price 9.95 down to 5.00. For 26-years I've been using the Lake Winni water, straight out of the lake, unfiltered and unscreened, drawn from a depth of five feet ....... what comes out of the kitchen faucet is Lake Winnipesaukee .....so's for five bucks ....what the heck ......golly gee .....a water test?
So you've been drinking unfiltered lake water all these years. Well that explains a lot!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #14
Top-Water

Quote:
So you've been drinking unfiltered lake water all these years. Well that explains a lot!
That made me laugh.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #15
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
Do you know what the fish have been doing in that lake water ?
Not to mention those Cheeze-It eating Geese! And if you are near a Sandbar urinal

Biggd nailed it though.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:37 PM   #16
Rusty

Quote:
I just got a First Alert drinking water test kit that gives immediate results without sending the water sample to a lab .......reg price 19.95 ......double discount price 9.95 down to 5.00. For 26-years I've been using the Lake Winni water, straight out of the lake, unfiltered and unscreened, drawn from a depth of five feet ....... what comes out of the kitchen faucet is Lake Winnipesaukee .....so's for five bucks ....what the heck ......golly gee .....a water test?
Sounds good FLL, please let us know the results of the test.
You probably don't drink from your faucet but it will be good to know how good the water is.
Thanks
Old 04-06-2018, 07:33 PM   #17
fatlazyless

So, why buy a car rear view mirror at Walmart, discounted from $15.00 down to 3.50? A rear view mirror is hopefully good for a row boat mounted on the transom, so you see where you be rowing, while facing to the stern.

All the boating collisions with personal injuries usually include the legalism 'did not maintain a proper look out' and how that can apply to a rowboat.

As of yesterday, there was just one mirror left in Plymouth.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #18
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
So, why buy a car rear view mirror at Walmart, discounted from $15.00 down to 3.50? A rear view mirror is hopefully good for a row boat mounted on the transom, so you see where you be rowing, while facing to the stern.

All the boating collisions with personal injuries usually include the legalism 'did not maintain a proper look out' and how that can apply to a rowboat.

As of yesterday, there was just one mirror left in Plymouth.
Speaking of collisions, especially since you've had to deal with this already figured this might inspire you.
Attached Images

MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #19
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
From now on you better keep your hands in your pockets as you stroll through Walmart. No sense taking a chance with their crack security team! If you ever got banned from Walmart how would you fill your days?
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #20
Biggd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
From now on you better keep your hands in your pockets as you stroll through Walmart. No sense taking a chance with their crack security team! If you ever got banned from Walmart how would you fill your days?
: laugh:
Old 04-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #21
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Not to worry FLL Wal-Mart was the first company to seriously try facial recognition to enforce the ban on shoplifters. The project was abandoned due to legal and operational challenges.

I'm sure however you can pick up a piece of their former high quality slightly used high tech security system from them off the scratch and dent pile for $9.99. Just think you could focus it on your collection of multi colored noodles to ensure nobody will steal them.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #22
fatlazyless

You know that car above with the foam noodle protector is really something ..... how's about that ...... omg! .....and it looks to be a silver Toyota Corolla.

Threading a rope down through the noodle's center hole is also how you turn a noodle into a swimmer's flotation belt that really works for braving Lake Winni's 2-3' weekend swells ..... and doing the breast stroke, side stroke, back stroke, or overhand crawl ...with buoyancy centered at your mid-section or waist.

The bumper material is probably the type which can be repaired with a small soccer ball and an air pump, for pressing out big dents and bashes.....as mentioned above.....it works real good and is real easy to do....sort of like a dent pusher-outer.....plus you get to keep the $550-insurance bumper repair check ... when you fix it yourself ..... plus a new small soccer ball.

This bumper material has a memory, and it reverts back to its original shape with some paint damage.....when reverse soccer balled.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-07-2018 at 11:11 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #23
Biggd

I thought when I retire I could maybe catch FLL on posts and secure that #1 spot but my mind could never think up this much rubbish.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #24
fatlazyless

Quote:
I thought when I retire I could maybe catch FLL on posts and secure that #1 spot but my mind could never think up this much rubbish.
What ..... no ..... am not retired .... I like to think of myself as a totally unemployed local loser!
Old 04-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #25
Rusty

Quote:
What ..... no ..... am not retired .... I like to think of myself as a totally unemployed local loser!
The Trump administration is looking for people with your qualifications, I think you would fit right in with the rest of his cabinet.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #26
Biggd

Quote:
Now that you put it out there, you won't get any argument from me.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #27
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
The Trump administration is looking for people with your qualifications, I think you would fit right in with the rest of his cabinet.
Hmmm...as compared to:

Hillary Clinton
Janet Napolitano
Eric Holder
Timothy Geithner
Susan Rice
Kathleen Sebelius

I think I’ll stop there. You get the picture.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
Old Sarge (06-24-2018)