Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
bigdog

Default Selling home-Buying home, need advice !

I am in the process to sell my homes and down-size, and purchase a smaller residence. My dilemma is that I am ‘house rich and cash poor’.

Before I can buy purchase another home, I must sell my current home first. I was caught in this same senario several years ago, and took out a mortgage to buy my current home, before selling my house at the time, but was able to sell my other house about 5 months later. That scenario cost me several thousand dollars to get that mortgage, Closing costs, etc. When the house sold, I was able to pay-off that mortgage in cash.

I know my current house would sell quickly, but in the current housing market, I don’t think if I find another house to buy, that the seller would agree to a contingent clause in the contract, to wait until I sell my current house, not going to happen !

I cannot get another mortgage to buy my new home, as before, I am now retired, and no longer working, nor have the income I had when working.

Appreciate your thoughts, and ideas on how to move forward, with new home purchase.

Thanks !

Last edited by bigdog; 09-03-2020 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote