Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Merrymeeting

Default Setting Photopost time?

Hi Don,

Like most here, I really enjoy seeing the new (and old) photos of the Lakes Region on the photopost area of the site. I normally do this by clicking on the "last day" link on the page, or sometimes the "last 7 days".

On occasion I discover I've missed some nice ones but could never figure out why. I finally did...

There is the understandable time lag between when someone submits a post and when it is approved. However, the time stamp on the photo remains the time when it was submitted. So if there is more than 24 hours between submittal time and approval time, the photo will not show up when looking at "last day" photos.

This could be fixed if there is a way to reset the time to the approval time, which for most readers appears to be the real post time.

Thanks for listening.

Merrymeeting
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting
This could be fixed if there is a way to reset the time to the approval time, which for most readers appears to be the real post time.
I understand what you are saying but I have limited ability to change the way the software works. The time the pictures are posted is the post time, even if it is not yet approved. That's just the way the software works.

The real problem is that I am sometimes too slow to approve new pictures. I will try to do that in a more timely manner so they show up on the recent posts sooner.

Several regular posters are not screened and their pictures do appear immediately. If anyone else posts to PhotoPost a lot just send me an email and I'll consider removing the screening for you too.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
The real problem is that I am sometimes too slow to approve new pictures. I will try to do that in a more timely manner so they show up on the recent posts sooner.
I figured it might be a limitation of the software but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. The last thing I want is for you to feel pressure to do this more quickly. I'm assuming you have a life other than maintaining this site 24x7!

It is easily covered by the user by knowing the possibility exists and looking at a wider window when looking for new posts. Thanks Don.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote