Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
webmaster

Thanked 3,722 Times in 822 Posts
Default Thanks Rattlesnake Gal!

I just want to publicly thank Rattlesnake Gal for all time she has generously spent helping me with this site.

RG has been the moderator in charge of the Event Calendar since last summer. I continue to be amazed by the amount of information she has posted for everyone's benefit. The listings are available through the "Calendar" link at the top of the Forum or the 7 day summary at the bottom of the Forum.

For the last 2 days RG has been busy updating the Lake Links directory. She has added nearly 100 new listings and helped me correct several dead links.

Some of you know that I maintain this site in my spare time and it is sometimes a struggle to keep up with all its demands. The help I've received from RG and everyone else who posts links and information is invaluable and helps make the site a great resource.

Thanks again Rattlesnake Gal!
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Thanks RG

I also appreciate the work done by Rattlesnake Gal. I did not realize RG was also adding and updating links and handling some of the other web duties (other than the calendar, which is a lot of work by itself). I am one of many who enjoy her posts, pictures and information. It takes talent and dedication to add so much to the forum. Don also deserves a lot of credit for his continuing efforts at making (and keeping) this such a great site.

Thanks to both of you for MY favorite place to visit on the Internet - and thanks to all the forum contributors.

Best regards to all.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 02-10-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

RG - You're the BEST! Thanks for all your help and support. You've really added a lot to this site and I look forward to seeing your posts daily! It's been great being co-conspirators (partners in crime) on a few "projects". THANKS!
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

Aw shucks, you’re welcome. Sometimes I just can’t fight my compulsive nature.

Don is truly the one to thank though, not me. He had a dream of what this web site could be and turned it into reality. He brought a group of strangers together that had a common interest and now we are all friends. What a gift! This has obviously been a labor of love and it is very much appreciated.
Hats off to you my friend.
The small amount of time that I have spent here pales in comparison to what you have accomplished.
I'm just thrilled to be part of this wonderful community and I'm happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I love being part of this forum family. Winnipesaukee.com is a great place to be.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
glennsteely

Default You mean there is more on the internet?????

Everytime I am on the computer, I am here. I didnt know there was anything else. I have said before and I will say again, I know alot about the area, and so does my dad, we have been coming up for our whole lives, but what I THOUGHT I knew about the area, pales in comparison to the amount of true, good and reliable information I have gotten from this forum since I have been here. Most of that has come from the Mighty RG. I want to say thanks, and I love reading all the posts on the forum, but my vote for poster of the year goes to RG.

THIS SITE, for me, IS the internet.

WEBMASTER, to you thanks also.......
......Thanks for the "Go Pats" thread.....even if it did make me eat ALL of my words (and there were a lot of them).....I know you were gritting your teeth the whole time, but it sure was fun! I even got a few free meals out of the deal.....crow, dookie, pride, ect.

I didnt get a lobster roll, I guess I will have to wait for summer for that.....or maybe spring?????
Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #6
Island Girl

Default You go girl!

I too appreciate having this place to find out all that is Lake Winnipesaukee. Thanks Don, RG and all that contribute.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:02 AM   #7
DRH

Thumbs up My Hat's Off Too!

Winnipesaukee.com is my favorite Internet web site, as well as my default browser window! Thanks to Webmaster Don for all the time and effort he puts into making this such an informative, useful and friendly site, and to RG for all her contributions in making this one of the best online places to go!

Well Done!

Last edited by DRH; 02-11-2005 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #8
SIKSUKR

I'll give a shout out also to McDude for his historic contributions and of course to Island Girls pictures.Thanks to all of the wonderfull people who contribute to this site so I can get my daily fix. SS
Old 02-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #9
Merrymeeting

This site is what gets me through the winter. Thanks RG, IG, Don, McDude and the many others who make this "neighborhood" so enjoyable to visit.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
Pepper

Default Ayup!

Ayup - what they said.

This is truly a unique and amazing site as a result of the "community" which has been built here. It's "alive" because of the people - Don, who built it, and all who've chosen to "move here" to this virtual neighborhood.

Thanks so all who make it such a great place to be!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #11
lakegirl

Default My hats off too!!

My thanks to RG for all the great posts!!! Your calendar will help me keep busy!! Keep up the good work.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:46 AM   #12
nym3007

Default I gotta agree

This is one of the best sites for information about the Lakes Region. I have been reading this site for about 2 years now and it keeps my mind in the Lakes Region even though I only go there 3 times each year. I have been going to the Weirs Beach area since i was 7 plus my mother was pregnant with me and she was in New Hampshire the sumer before I was born, so I have been a vistor to NH for many years. I would like to thank Don for making this site what it is RG for the calendar which is the only one that has music at weirs beach posted on and no other calendars have that posted so hats off to her and thanks to all the posters make me come back to this site every morning, afternoon, and before I go to bed at nite. Hats off to all of the people that make this site was it is.

Last edited by nym3007; 02-11-2005 at 10:48 AM.
nym3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #13
KBoater

Default Thanks RG

Thank Rg for all the posts and also the good off site information you have sent me. Also thanks to all the web cam and photo posters. It really keeps me in touch with the northland during the winter.
KBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #14
Tyler

Default Don

Unfortunately I cannot agree with all the love Don is getting. He IMHO runs this site to strict. My post's as well as many others are moderated by Don. I will not embarass him and post some of his emails to me. If one word is out of place it is not allowed.

Other prolific negative posters on this site are given cart blanche. ****

With that said sometimes confrontation is good, to bad Don does not see it that way. Oh well as he has told me numerous times this is his site and I guess that means he can sway the discussion to his liking and oposing view points are not welcome.

RG, I hope you can help Don through this phase of silly censorship. Thanks.

T

Last edited by webmaster; 02-12-2005 at 12:46 AM. Reason: more censorship
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #15
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Keep up the good work

One of the best forums I visit! Love the historical threads... Thanks to all that make it happen.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #16
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

This website allows anyone to see the glory that is the Lakes Region, centered by but certainly not limited to Winnipesaukee. We are able to share that glory through the Photopost section; through the historic data put out through Rattlesnake Gal, McDude, Lake Girl, and all the others who have contributed in that genre; through this forum where we can express our feeling and share a laugh and unfortunately sometimes share some sadness; and find the glorious areas and activities through the calendar, forum postings, and lake links.

Our first thoughts of thanks go to Don for being the one with the forethought and perserverance to make it happen. Secondly, our thoughts have to go to Rattlesnake Gal for her tireless efforts in posting items to the calendar and forum for all of us, and for all she has done to assist Don in maintaining this website to his high standards, standards that make our associations here so special. Third, thanks to those others who have helped Don and supported him in his efforts, most likely from "behind the scenes". And lastly, to those who support this website with their contributions of photos, opinions, wit, and information.

this forum is a stopping place for me virtually every night before bedtime, and I add my congrats to RG for all she has done to make this website a place to visit every day. We're not worthy, RG!!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #17
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Ditto from us

Y'all above have said it all.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:29 AM   #18
trfour

Post Always a fan!

Thank you RG. It is a big family out here and getting stronger every day!

Takes more than some think to keep it all, what it is!!

All that I can say is, " Lets Winni the Super Bowl here again next year!"

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #19
GWC...

Default Too funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by webmaster : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: more censorship
This is too funny.

Thanks to both of you for the laugh.

Last edited by GWC...; 02-12-2005 at 07:55 PM.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:16 AM   #20
cabinfever

Default Informational, helpful, and supportive crew

A great deal of gratitude for the many individuals who substantially contribute to the effectiveness of this Forum -- RG, McDude, Webmaster Don, Upthesaukee, IslandGirl... the list is long. You've all gone above and beyond with your informational postings, historical anecdotes, lake life pictorials, humor, and thoughtful responses that gently guide threads in the "right direction" to stay productive. At the next Forum Gathering, we need an award ceremony!

Keep up the great work. Your time and efforts have had a great impact on hundreds of individuals who share a common interest -- the love of the lake.
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:11 AM   #21
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Unfortunately I cannot agree with all the love Don is getting. He IMHO runs this site to strict. My post's as well as many others are moderated by Don. I will not embarass him and post some of his emails to me. If one word is out of place it is not allowed.

Other prolific negative posters on this site are given cart blanche. ****

With that said sometimes confrontation is good, to bad Don does not see it that way. Oh well as he has told me numerous times this is his site and I guess that means he can sway the discussion to his liking and oposing view points are not welcome.

RG, I hope you can help Don through this phase of silly censorship. Thanks.

T
T:

We see opposing points of view posted here all the time. If you feel you've been censored, perhaps you took opposition a little too far. I've been posting here for years, and have no doubt made statements that could be deemed offensive to folks ranging from McMansion owners to PWC operators to bass tournament organizers to giant boat owners -- even those who maintain that rock bass don't exist in the Lake. Yet, in all that time, I've never once been censored. So I can't imagine what you've posted that did warrant review and editing, but it must've crossed some line.

Now, back to original thread content: I'd like to thank RG for the recent winter shots of/from Abenaki Tower. Close to home, close to heart. Very cool & much appreciated. When I get that Tower web site up, we'll post them there, too. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #22
ApS

Arrow What Grant said...

(OK, except for a few of my more pointed posts).

Tyler? Your other posts are measured -- even tame...read the rules again.

And for RG -- for your contributions to this Forum -- my highest praise ever issued at this Forum:

RG's OK.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #23
Merrymeeting

Thumbs up

Having participated in, and moderated, many forums over a longer period of time than I care to remember, I've seen that the most popular and useful forums are those that are heavily moderated and kept on topic. Without this heavy moderation, off-topic chats, and a few loud individuals can dominate the site. Over time, interest wanes and the site atrophies.

I commend Don for his even-handed moderation in keeping the site on topic and a pleasant diversion during a long day. It is one of the few sites that I am not hesitant to recommend to my children who share my love of the lakes region. I wouldn't change a thing.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #24
The Skipper

Thumbs up Ditto the above, except...

Ditto all the above excepting the Tyler portion.

Thank you everyone. This site is great.
The Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:06 PM   #25
rrr

Default what they said

I too am grateful to RG, Don and many others for all the time and effort they put into this forum. It is informative and entertaining. I have come to rely on this site and am thankful to all the contributors for all that I have learned here.

Most especially - thanks RG and Don for making this my favorite place to visit too!
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:29 AM   #26
Skipper

Thumbs up Wonderful people wonderful forum

Infrequent poster but frequent lurker to this wonderful site. I think it is a great example of how a site and forum should be operated. Rattlesnake Gal, Webmaster and a few others are dedicated to the fine operation of this place.

Thank you all, Don and RG particularly.

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #27
Just Sold

Thumbs up

I agree with everyone's positive responses above and give a hearty thanks to RG, Don, McD and the many others who contribute and make this Forum a great place to visit and participate in.

Keep it up guys!