Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
dpg

Default Eden Pure...Hype??

Does anyone own a Eden Pure space heater? Their supposed to be a super quality very cheap to run space heater and extremely safe. Seen this heater a few times on T.V. I did check it out on the web and there's people giving ratings that hate it and also love it, go figure. They claim to very efficiently heat spaces with no trouble.

Looking for something for a sun room that gets cool the minute the suns down. Anyone else own another type of space heater that they would recommend? The room is heated, just like that little extra warmth.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Eden Pure

dpg,

We checked out this heater last year. I subscribe to Consumers Report. They canned it..

Here is a very recent story on the EdenPure.

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/loc...a-e5dcde00b12f

We have a "Three Season" room that we wanted to use it in. We ended up with sticking with our lower priced Pelonis Ceramic Disk heater.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
robmac

If you have NG or LPG I would recomend the Empire vent-less heater # BF-10,they are very effient and cost effective. Cost for these units runs between $225.00 and 300.00 depending on where item is purchased and can be floor or wall mounted. Also being vent-less no stack pipe or flue needed. I have installed several of these units including one in my basement and would recoment the optional blower assy. to help with additional energy savings.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
dpg

Wow thanks Steve, good info. I do use a couple of the oil filled electric type heaters now and they work alright. Just caught up in the hype I guess there's $300-$400 saved!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
Argie's Wife

We looked into that last year too, as it came up on a thread I'd started about heating options that people are considering in the area... SteveA also helped us to decide not to get it - I'm glad we didn't. We ended up getting storm doors and weather-proofing the house better. We filled the oil tank once in November and again in March - that was it! (It's a 275/gal tank)

We paid $2.39/gal for heating oil last week via the Our Town Energy subscription we have, as we get our oil with Eastern at the rack plus rate.

They also offer savings on pellet stoves and other things - but just the savings on oil is worth it. I highly recommend you join (it's only $25/year).
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
DickR

I couldn't recommend any unvented space heater that burns a fuel to produce heat. That fuel, when burned, turns into carbon dioxide and water. They are supposed to have safety features that kill the fuel when oxygen level dips too low. Burning any hydrocarbon fuel (NG, LPG, oil, coal) with insufficient oxygen will produce carbon monoxide.

Besides the possibility of CO (do maintain the CO detector in shape), the fuel combustion produces a pile of water vapor that has to go somewhere. It's first effect is to increase humidity inside the room. If the house air is dry, that may feel good, but the house being dry also means a lot of air leakage through the house. That moisture is going into the wall cavities and attic, where it can condense against the first cold surface. The resulting wetness can result in rot and mold. Moisture isn't an issue in a house designed and built to keep it from being a problem, but such a house doesn't need the space heater anyway.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote