Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #1
TheProfessor

Default Few If Any New Cars

Yes.

I see some at Cantin that are new.

But took trip to Manchester. Drove through the Honda dealership and the Toyota dealership. Did not see one new vehicle. In either dealership.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:42 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Yes.

I see some at Cantin that are new.

But took trip to Manchester. Drove through the Honda dealership and the Toyota dealership. Did not see one new vehicle. In either dealership.
Was planning on trading in the Avalanche this spring for a SUV Chevy or GM hopefully but doesn't look good if there isn't any inventory
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:08 AM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

The dealerships and MFGs are playing games. There is more new inventory then they are showing. it just not sitting on the lots, like it used too.. Through the actual shortage, they have learned that they can charge more for good used cars, if they don't have new inventory sitting on the lot....
Cobalt 12 (04-09-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 09:05 AM   #4
John Mercier

That should create its own problems.
My understanding is while the dealers make money on the used... the MFGs require them to purchase a tier of new from their production plants each season.

If that is correct, could it cause a swamp of new vehicles that will have to be moved quickly?
John Mercier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:16 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default No new cars?

If banks are being cautious, and interest rates are getting higher, I would expect dealers to cut back on their floor plan expenses, and banks to do VIN/inventory audits more rigorously.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2023, 09:25 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
the MFGs require them to purchase a tier of new from their production plants each season.

If that is correct, could it cause a swamp of new vehicles that will have to be moved quickly?
My guess is no, I think the MFGs have not allowed production to throttle back up, as the supply chain issues have been resolving themselves. That is not to say they aren't producing cars, it just means, that they aren't running at full capacity.

There has always been an over production of vehicles.... and every year there are a swamp of new vehicles that would just sit.... Sometimes a dealer would be them, other times they would be shipped to dealer free of charge as an incentive. My belief is that the over production is not being allow to happen right now....
Cobalt 12 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 04:56 AM   #7
ApS

Question "Cars" Are Disappearing...

As some may have noticed, I follow car auctions at "Bring A Trailer".

As the name suggests, non-operable cars were featured. But the site was recently sold to a British firm, and it's grown to an international size. Million-dollar cars are not unusual among their offerings. Every so often, they throw in an original 1956 Porsche tool kit ($6,500), a dealer's Ferrari logo florescent sign in plastic ($2,600), or a glass-topped coffee table with a 12-cylinder Jaguar engine as its base.

SUVs are hardly ever seen, but well-kept sedans and coupes ("cars") from the 60s through the 90s are always on the menu. Some are designated "projects", but are very close to a total restoration.

Used Amphicars that sold originally for under $3,000 are now fetching $177,000! https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=28462

Buyers are paying the shipping costs back and forth between Europe and the US. Used Brazilian-made vehicles are selling for more than their used German-made counterparts.

Is this trend towards "cars" (that would've appeared in showrooms decades earlier) a sign that nostalgia has taken root? Or that new cars don't have the panache that older cars bring? Or that repairs are cheaper and faster than new cars? Or that "cars" can grow in value, while most new SUVs do not?

Explain...
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote