Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
lawn psycho

Default SB-27 and anticipation

We should ask Las Vegas to allow for betting on the number of votes for/against SB-27.

Hard to say how many legislators will take which sides but I'm sure 99% have already made up their minds.

I truly hope it passes so we can move on from this issue for a while.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (05-18-2011), Grandpa Redneck (05-17-2011), Ryan (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Sleezstak

You know, I hope it passes too.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
Grandpa Redneck

I also hope it passes, but I personally think they should repeal the speed limit altogether.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #4
NH_boater

I am against the speed limit but I don't expect it getting removed. Look at the trends nationally. It apears to me that Lake speed limits go in, they do not come out.

Regardless of the facts, legislators are not likely to remove a law 'intended for public safety'. Especially after such a recent, high-profile case that included a fatality.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #5
Grandpa Redneck

I agree it is not likely to be repealed, and is instead likely to become state wide. I am also afraid, knowing how libs, flatlanda's and politicians work, that if 45 is considered the max "safe speed" for a lake the size of Winnipesaukee, then the smaller lakes in the state may end up being no wake zones.

(and just for clarification, Flatlanda is a State of mind, not necessarily a State of birth.)

Last edited by Grandpa Redneck; 05-18-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
fatlazyless

One thing about the performance boaters is that they are some hard core boaters who get out on the lake and go boating regardless of the rain and wind. So's that one more reason why there's been fewer boats out on the water of late.

White caps, wind, rain and 4.50/gal gas don't mean nuth'n to someone who has scratched together $20,000 for a 20-year old Donzi with twin 454 engines and kept the boat all running pretty good........more or less.....they want to go boating.....cept for this .....(fill in the blank depending on your speed limits alienation of affection).... 45-mph speed limit! There seems to be a definite lack of boaters out on the water, lately, and even the early season, cold water kayakers have disappeared?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #7
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
One thing about the performance boaters is that they are some hard core boaters who get out on the lake and go boating regardless of the rain and wind. So's that one more reason why there's been fewer boats out on the water of late.

White caps, wind, rain and 4.50/gal gas don't mean nuth'n to someone who has scratched together $20,000 for a 20-year old Donzi with twin 454 engines and kept the boat all running pretty good........more or less.....they want to go boating.....cept for this .....(fill in the blank depending on your speed limits alienation of affection).... 45-mph speed limit! There seems to be a definite lack of boaters out on the water, lately, and even the early season, cold water kayakers have disappeared?
The fact that it has been in the 40's and raining for 4 days, not to mention the water temps, all might have something to do with that.