Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > General Issues
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Wifi-1
Senior Member
 
Wifi-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Moultonboro, NH
Posts: 213
Thanks: 197
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Default Voting

I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection)

I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Can ANYONE name a state AND include a link to the laws allowing the same ?

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included.

Thanks.
Wifi-1 is offline  
Old 06-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,940
Thanks: 1,849
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,517 Posts
Default

California...you don’t even have to be a US citizen!
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #3
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 688
Thanked 846 Times in 527 Posts
Default

Not a Lakes Region issue.
Descant is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
webmaster (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 PM   #4
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 724
Thanked 712 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi-1 View Post
I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection)

I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Can ANYONE name a state AND include a link to the laws allowing the same ?

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included.

Thanks.
That is a trolling question if I ever saw one. What’s going on today on this forum?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (06-20-2019), FlyingScot (06-20-2019), Newbiesaukee (06-20-2019), Slickcraft (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 PM   #5
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 1,003
Thanks: 337
Thanked 386 Times in 191 Posts
Default Contact the State Senator's offices...

In any blue state for help.

Whew...
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #6
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,622
Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 719 Times in 447 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
That is a trolling question if I ever saw one. What’s going on today on this forum?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Probably the same kid that trolled us yesterday with multiple names. The moderator needs to delete these fire starters.
Biggd is offline  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #7
jeffk
Senior Member
 
jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Center Harbor
Posts: 915
Thanks: 165
Thanked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Default

What a troll.
Attached Images
 
jeffk is offline  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #8
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 724
Thanked 712 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Probably the same kid that trolled us yesterday with multiple names. The moderator needs to delete these fire starters.
I agree. Don’t people have anything better to do?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now  
Old 06-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #9
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,944
Thanks: 1,356
Thanked 576 Times in 404 Posts
Exclamation Four Said to be "Unknowing" but "Caring" Voters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi-1 View Post
I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection) I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Can ANYONE name a state AND include a link to the laws allowing the same ?

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included.
Thanks.
State: New York State.

Project Veritas interviewed four on video, who were former New York state residents—who had recently moved to Florida.

"Somebody" voted in their behalf from voter rolls in New York State in person while the four admitted to voting in Florida.

URL:
https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/...in-their-name/

Quote:
"Someone's voting in my name in New York".
ApS is offline  
Old 06-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #10
DickR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 568
Thanks: 3
Thanked 176 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi-1 View Post
......It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate....

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included....
Many would agree with the notion that if you have a physical presence in a town and pay taxes to the town then you ought to have some say in the running of that town. However, even if you own properties in multiple places and could actually vote in multiple places, you ought not to be able to vote more than once on things at the state or national level. Trying to do so seems decidedly counter to the principles of democracy and thus shameful. Wealth ought not to give more voting power.

The OP should not use this forum to gather information for an inappropriate purpose, nor should he tell forum members who can and cannot respond to a question asked openly.

I am now guilty of having helped perpetuate this thread, so perhaps this thread can be shut down or moved before I'm flamed too badly.
DickR is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DickR For This Useful Post:
Biggd (06-20-2019), Flylady (06-20-2019), Newbiesaukee (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #11
SAB1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rowley MA / Tuftonboro
Posts: 821
Thanks: 120
Thanked 186 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickR View Post
Many would agree with the notion that if you have a physical presence in a town and pay taxes to the town then you ought to have some say in the running of that town. However, even if you own properties in multiple places and could actually vote in multiple places, you ought not to be able to vote more than once on things at the state or national level. Trying to do so seems decidedly counter to the principles of democracy and thus shameful. Wealth ought not to give more voting power.
Spot on!..
SAB1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #12
znh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 152
Thanks: 29
Thanked 40 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi-1 View Post
I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection)

I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Can ANYONE name a state AND include a link to the laws allowing the same ?

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included.

Thanks.

znh is offline  
Old 06-20-2019, 07:32 PM   #13
Wifi-1
Senior Member
 
Wifi-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Moultonboro, NH
Posts: 213
Thanks: 197
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickR View Post
Many would agree with the notion that if you have a physical presence in a town and pay taxes to the town then you ought to have some say in the running of that town. However, even if you own properties in multiple places and could actually vote in multiple places, you ought not to be able to vote more than once on things at the state or national level. Trying to do so seems decidedly counter to the principles of democracy and thus shameful. Wealth ought not to give more voting power..........

FANTASTIC, this was the point I was trying to bring out. To think otherwise needs a Federal Constitutional amendment not a change to the Lakes Region or NH.

All bickering and bashing aside, there is some non emotional reasoning that still exists.
Wifi-1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifi-1 For This Useful Post:
kickinbassnh (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #14
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,622
Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 719 Times in 447 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi-1 View Post
FANTASTIC, this was the point I was trying to bring out. To think otherwise needs a Federal Constitutional amendment not a change to the Lakes Region or NH.

All bickering and bashing aside, there is some non emotional reasoning that still exists.
This is not a lakes region subject.
Go post on a political thread and let us celebrate all that is good about a summer at the lake here.
This is another thread that should be closed.
Biggd is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.26695 seconds