Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2021, 07:27 AM   #1
Gatto Nero

Default Marvelous Marvin Hagler

I read that Marvelous Marvin Hagler died recently at his home n New Hampshire but I can't seem to find where in NH he lived. Anyone know if he lived in the Lakes region?
Old 03-15-2021, 07:41 AM   #2
steve-on-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
I read that Marvelous Marvin Hagler died recently at his home n New Hampshire but I can't seem to find where in NH he lived. Anyone know if he lived in the Lakes region?
He lived in Bartlett.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 03-15-2021, 07:42 AM   #3
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
My brother-in-law read he was in Bartlett.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 03-15-2021, 08:04 AM   #4
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

The Boston Globe reported that he died right after getting his 2nd Covid 19 shot, Don't know if he had any other health issues
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #5
fatlazyless

www.facebook.com/MiddleweightBoxingChampion/

Marvin was a regular at the old Wildcat gasoline station with his late model Volvo wagon, a full service station in nearby Jackson, NH that closed in 2016 due to increased gasoline storage requirements. Marvin would go for 50-mile pedals on his racer style bicycle with turn down handle bars on the roads around Bartlett.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #6
WinnisquamZ

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-before-death/

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:33 AM   #7
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
The Boston Globe reported that he died right after getting his 2nd Covid 19 shot,Don't know if he had any other health issues
His wife vehemently denied his death was caused by the vaccine in a FB post this morning.

“I would like to speak with my heart to all of you. I apologize if my English is not written correctly but I hope everyone understands me in this difficult moment .
After 31 years the love of my life is gone and my life without him no longer makes sense ,but I can feel him next to me even now and he's telling me not to give up and be strong for him .
Thank you for your love , he loved people so much, he loved you all he was happy when he read your comments he was a special person the most beautiful person i had ever met in all my life .
I was the only person close to him until the last minute , and I am the only person that know how things went not even his family know all the details and I do NOT accept to read some stupid comment without knowing really what happen . For sure wasn't the vaccine that caused his death . My baby left in peace with his usually smile and now is not the time to talk nonsense .
Marvin hated funerals and therefore there will be no funerals or church celebrations he wants to be remembered with a happy smile but I would be happy if each of you can light a candle for him .However there is something special that I will do because it was his wishes and you will be informed at the right time by me I just need time .
Thank you all for your love
Kay G. Hagler”
FlyingScot (03-15-2021), GregW11 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #8
WinnisquamZ

With due respect to the family, without autopsy results how does one know the cause of death. She is wrong to dismiss it

WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:20 PM   #9
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
With due respect to the family, without autopsy results how does one know the cause of death. She is wrong to dismiss it

Maybe she knows that millions of people all over the world have been given the vaccine and no one has died from it.

And maybe she also knows that certain people with some combination of paranoia and misinformation are trying to discourage people from taking vaccines that have been proven to be safe and effective.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:55 PM   #10
BillJohn

Default Bingo

Quote:
The Boston Globe reported that he died right after getting his 2nd Covid 19 shot, Don't know if he had any other health issues
So, so, so ridiculous. Use to like the VK but your posts have kept me away.
BillJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BillJohn For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #11
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Maybe she knows that millions of people all over the world have been given the vaccine and no one has died from it.

And maybe she also knows that certain people with some combination of paranoia and misinformation are trying to discourage people from taking vaccines that have been proven to be safe and effective.
Really? But you are entitled to your opinion, and as of now, are free to express it as long as the First Amendment is still valid. But I (for one) completely (but respectfully) disagree.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:10 PM   #12
BillJohn

Default Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Really? But you are entitled to your opinion, and as of now, are free to express it as long as the First Amendment is still valid. But I (for one) completely (but respectfully) disagree.
There are facts that exist in this world. You can have an opinion that the world is flat but that opinion would be WRONG because the facts are that the world is round. Understand?
Old 03-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #13
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJohn View Post
So, so, so ridiculous. Use to like the VK but your posts have kept me away.
So...I reported on a quote from the Globe and you don't like the VK.....ok
makes sense to me
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
jbolty (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 05:58 PM   #14
BillJohn

Default Please give me the direct quote from the Globe.

Quote:
So...I reported on a quote from the Globe and you don't like the VK.....ok
makes sense to me
The Globe never attributed (without having read it) MMH death to a second covid shot

And no...the reason I will not go to the VK anymore is because of many of your posts. I ran a company and I kept my mouth shut...why would I offend my 50% of my clients? Ask yourself the same question.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #15
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
There are facts that exist in this world. You can have an opinion that the world is flat but that opinion would be WRONG because the facts are that the world is round. Understand?
Ummm, no. I think I might have missed that class in elementary school. But I know your type. You’re right, and everyone else is wrong. Go ahead, cancel me! :yawn
Old 03-15-2021, 06:18 PM   #16
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
The Globe never attributed (without having read it) MMH death to a second covid shot

And no...the reason I will not go to the VK anymore is because of many of your posts. I ran a company and I kept my mouth shut...why would I offend my 50% of my clients? Ask yourself the same question.
I’ll go to VK twice as often, Sam, so please keep up the excellent posts. Plus, I guarantee you that I tip better!
The Following User Says Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
SAMIAM (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:
I don't understand what you could disagree with--can you show us cases of people dying from the vaccine?
Old 03-15-2021, 07:22 PM   #18
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
I don't understand what you could disagree with--can you show us cases of people dying from the vaccine?
I’m not a doctor or scientist, so no, I can’t prove it. But I can read, and some of what I’m seeing is disturbing. Several European countries have halted distribution of the Astrazenica vaccine due to serious side effects. The mainstream media certainly isn’t going to publicize deaths due to these vaccines. Besides, I can disagree (just as you can), and don’t have to justify my position to anyone, just as you don’t.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
ApS (03-15-2021), Longtimelurker (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #19
BillJohn

Default You can read but can you comprehend?

Quote:
I’m not a doctor or scientist, so no, I can’t prove it. But I can read, and some of what I’m seeing is disturbing. Several European countries have halted distribution of the Astrazenica vaccine due to serious side effects. The mainstream media certainly isn’t going to publicize deaths due to these vaccines. Besides, I can disagree (just as you can), and don’t have to justify my position to anyone, just as you don’t.

Wow is all I can say. Covid will not kill us. The vaccine will not kill us but ignorance surely will!
Old 03-15-2021, 08:57 PM   #20
Sue Doe-Nym

Default A look in the mirror......

Quote:
Wow is all I can say. Covid will not kill us. The vaccine will not kill us but ignorance surely will!
BillJohn, you just proved your point better than anyone else could.

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 03-15-2021 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Removed true but snarky comment.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #21
BillJohn

Default From the Boston Globe

Quote:
"The widow of boxing legend Marvin Hagler denied rumors that the former middleweight champion had died from a severe reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine.

“For sure wasn’t the vaccine that caused his death,” Kay G. Hagler, his wife of three decades, wrote Monday on Facebook. “My baby left in peace with his [usual] smile and now is not the time to talk nonsense.”
Old 03-16-2021, 07:50 AM   #22
BillJohn

Default Thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
BillJohn, you just proved your point better than anyone else could.
Sad to say there is no middle ground any more for the vast majority of people. This forum is just a microcosm of the USA but so much stuff that is posted has no connection to the truth (at least on Covid related issues) and I find it disappointing and am frightened by it.
Wentworth06 (03-19-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 08:06 AM   #23
FlyingScot

Quote:
The mainstream media has reported 5 or so deaths out of the 17,000,000 people who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine. This was the lead story in today's NY Times, so I guess they are publicizing it. They have not figured out what actually caused the deaths, with such small numbers--less than 1 in 3,000,000 people, it's too early to know. Also, of course, this is a small fraction of the number of those 17,000,000 we might have expected to die from covid without a vaccine.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is not approved in the USA. If people get shots here, they are getting Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J--vaccines that have incredibly good records on safety and effectiveness. Our FDA is typically the world's toughest, and this has saved Americans in the past.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #24
camp guy

Default Marvelous Marvin Hagler

I'll bet Mrs. Hagler didn't see any of this coming when she posted to FB. I would like to apologize to Mrs. Hagler for this collection of posts, and hope that no more are forthcoming.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Winilyme (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #25
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Don’t thank me.......

Quote:
Sad to say there is no middle ground any more for the vast majority of people. This forum is just a microcosm of the USA but so much stuff that is posted has no connection to the truth (at least on Covid related issues) and I find it disappointing and am frightened by it.
BillJohn, there’s no need to thank me.....my comment to you was not complimentary, was dripping with sarcasm, and you misinterpreted it entirely.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #26
BillJohn

Default Guess you need to work on your sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
BillJohn, there’s no need to thank me.....my comment to you was not complimentary, was dripping with sarcasm, and you misinterpreted it entirely.

My posts simply countered what Samiam wrote. He was wrong and was spreading misinformation. Such misinformation might lead some not to get the vaccine...choices such as that endanger all of us. That is science, not opinion.

Sure I took a shot at VK. His post reflects on the VK. I stopped going years ago after reading some of the posts. I very much doubt I am the only one who has done that. He surely has every right in the world to say whatever he wants but he also has to understand that when a business does that there can never be a win win for his business.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #27
FlyingScot

Quote:
My posts simply countered what Samiam wrote. He was wrong and was spreading misinformation. Such misinformation might lead some not to get the vaccine...choices such as that endanger all of us. That is science, not opinion.

Sure I took a shot at VK. His post reflects on the VK. I stopped going years ago after reading some of the posts. I very much doubt I am the only one who has done that. He surely has every right in the world to say whatever he wants but he also has to understand that when a business does that there can never be a win win for his business.
Bill, I agree with you on the vaccine, and I'm surprised that any informed person would not want it. I spent 4 hours securing my appointment, and it's a huge relief to know that I no longer have to worry about getting sick or infecting my vaccinated parents.

But I think we would all be happier if we keep some words of Pete Buttigieg in mind. When the gay presidential candidate was asked what he thought of Chik-Fil-A, a staunchly anti-gay company, he replied "I am definitely not in favor of their politics...but I kind of am in favor of their chicken."
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
BillJohn (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #28
garysanfran

If I owned a retail business with a display window, I wouldn't put a "Have a nice day" sign on display.

In today's polarized society, it's going to piss-off someone.

The sky is blue....No it's not, it just appears that way. It's really clear air that appears blue...

Take it from there..
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:46 PM   #29
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
If I owned a retail business with a display window, I wouldn't put a "Have a nice day" sign on display.

In today's polarized society, it's going to piss-off someone.

The sky is blue....No it's not, it just appears that way. It's really clear air that appears blue...

Take it from there..
Wait.....HOLD ON..... back up the turnip truck, just being a business owner is highly offensive.

Now that we have that cleared up, we can move on to the proposed polarizing and equally offensive "Have a nice day" sign.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #30
BillJohn

Default I agree but...

Quote:
Bill, I agree with you on the vaccine, and I'm surprised that any informed person would not want it. I spent 4 hours securing my appointment, and it's a huge relief to know that I no longer have to worry about getting sick or infecting my vaccinated parents.

But I think we would all be happier if we keep some words of Pete Buttigieg in mind. When the gay presidential candidate was asked what he thought of Chik-Fil-A, a staunchly anti-gay company, he replied "I am definitely not in favor of their politics...but I kind of am in favor of their chicken."
You are right in quoting Buttogieg yet I find it hard to believe he would really patronize the place unless he was a politician looking for votes.

For me personally, I think it makes sense to vote etc., with my wallet.

Appreciate your words and have always found your post cogent, thoughtful and respectful.
FlyingScot (03-16-2021)