Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
jmen24

Default “Let’s Go Fishing” Seeks Volunteer Fishing Instructors

Anyone out there interested in passing their knowledge of fishing on to our children, here is your chance to help the next generation to continue the traditions that those of us in New England enjoy so much.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/News...rs_111209.html

Anyone that has not seen or been apart of what NH F&G does for our children to teach them how to be the future Stewards of our wildlife resources should check it out.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
donnamatrix

Default Great Kids Program-and at The Derby again this year

The Let's Go Fishing program is just a superb program to get youngsters interested in fishing, understanding catch-and-release, how to stay warm if you're ice fishing, etc. etc. For the past several years during the Fishing Derby, we have blocked off the ice directly behind the Rotary Trailer and F&G has conducted classes for free each hour from 10am to 3 (or maybe 4) ... each youngster gets a "goodie" bag. It's a really terrific program.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
scubajay1153

Default Awesome!

Thanks for your posts on this! I don't fish but my 6 yr old would love to try it and this sounds like a great way for us to scope it out. Will be looking forward to it!
scubajay1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
TOAD

I'd be very interested in getting involved in that program after I move up there. I have always enjoyed taking youth fishing and teaching them about the great outdoors and proper husbandry of our natural resourses.

I fish...therefore I am.
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote