Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
radiocontester

Default Plug for Shorline Marine Upholstery

Folks,

I recently picked up a few re-upholstered cushions from Ashley at Shorline Marine Upholstery and they look better than new. Very reasonable pricing. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

More info:

https://www.facebook.com/Shorline-Ma...-166591523482/
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
Rich

Are they new? It's always good to have some reasonably priced competition in the area.

The last time I got some prices for a bit of work, I almost felt like I could have purchased new parts from the dealer for less.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
radiocontester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Are they new? It's always good to have some reasonably priced competition in the area.

The last time I got some prices for a bit of work, I almost felt like I could have purchased new parts from the dealer for less.
Not sure how long they have been around...I found out about them on this forum last fall. The pic below shows the new seat cushions. I may have the back supports replaced next year....although in natural light the shade difference is a lot less noticeable.

radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
codeman671

They have been around for a while. I got a quote a few years back to have some obsolete Whaler cushions produced however after calling many dealers around the country I found the ones I needed in old inventory at a dealer out west.

They seemed fair and had solid references at the time.

Upholstery work in general is not cheap. They are a great solution to repair/replace old/obsolete pieces. Its hard to beat dealer pricing on new pieces since it is mass produced, but most boat brands don't stock upholstered pieces for too long before discontinuing it.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #5
AC2717

She did unbelievable work on my 4 Winns beginning of last year, and price is extremely reasonable. Search prior threads, you will not be disappointed. Village Canvas recommended her as he does not really do the seats anymore
Old 04-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
jetlag100

Ashley does amazing work! She did just the top half of my back bench seat, and it looks like the original...she said to me, "your going to lose the Stingray logo, is that OK?"...In the case of my boat, you have to step on the top of the back bench to get into the boat...poor planning on behalf of the boat maker..and then the sun beats down on it as well....beautiful job! Short money
jetlag100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
jeffk

Just dropped a couple of cushions off with Ashley. FYI. she is currently out near Memorial Day for getting things done.

My cushions had stripes imprinted into the vinyl. She said that type of imprinted fabric is not available (22 years old) but she can put stitching in that mimics the effect to keep the cushions looking similar to others in the boat. I am looking forward to getting the cushions back. Before hearing about her company on the forum, I wasn't aware of where I could get this type of work done. The rest of the boat is looking pretty good and I was disappointed that the cushions were starting to come apart.

Now they will be good to go for many years.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote