Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Slip or Mooring rental for 2020 Season ?

I'm looking for a slip or mooring rental or the 2020 season.
I have a 21' bowrider, with 8' beam.

Was thinking maybe someone with waterfront property, may want to off-set their property taxes with a rental, just a thought....

If any Forum members have, or know of a slip or mooring for rent please send me a PM.

Thanks !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,508 Times in 982 Posts
Default Valet

Consider valet and put your name on a couple of wait lists. If your turn comes up and you found something else, you can say "no". If you do find something else, of course call the marinas and take your name off the list. (Hmmm. Do marinas take a deposit to be on a wait list?) There is always some turnover at private, condo marinas like Mountain View YC and Gilford YC, but openings go fast. Nice to see you're not waiting until March to start looking.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Consider valet and put your name on a couple of wait lists. If your turn comes up and you found something else, you can say "no". If you do find something else, of course call the marinas and take your name off the list. (Hmmm. Do marinas take a deposit to be on a wait list?) There is always some turnover at private, condo marinas like Mountain View YC and Gilford YC, but openings go fast. Nice to see you're not waiting until March to start looking.
I’m on a list for a slip at WOW marina. No deposit required but not sure if a “greased palm” would hasten our name to the top?
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,508 Times in 982 Posts
Default Dealing with the owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
I’m on a list for a slip at WOW marina. No deposit required but not sure if a “greased palm” would hasten our name to the top?
Most marinas around here, you're dealing with the owners who guard their reputation for integrity very closely. I can't imagine they would give that up, and start losing customers for a couple hundred $$.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Most marinas around here, you're dealing with the owners who guard their reputation for integrity very closely. I can't imagine they would give that up, and start losing customers for a couple hundred $$.
That post was meant to be tongue in cheek...the next one in line should get the first open slip!
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links