Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #1
NavGirl316

Default Good place to watch the Patriots?

Any recommendations on a good bar/restaurant around the lake to catch the Pats games on Sundays?
NavGirl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
ghfromaltonbay

Default Patriots Games

Patrick's pub in Gilford is a popular spot -- and the food is great!
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
AC2717

Default Tbones or CJ's is not bad

If you sit are the bar have some good TV's plus they have $1.99 20oz Bud's and bud light draughts and/or Sam Adams 16oz draught for the same price whenever a New England Pro sports team is playing. Plus the appey's are good. Even if you do to sit at the bar, might not be able to see the tv's but still get the beer pricing
AC2717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
sa meredith

Default I agree...

Gotta say, I agree with the Tbones/ CJ's selection. Upstairs (Tbones) you would probably have to sit at the bar to see the TV's (which are great BTW), but if you are going out for the purpose of watching sports, go downstairs (CJ's)...probably the best bar on the lake. If you have not been, and enjoy doing a little "bar hanging" while watching sports, CJ's is a must see.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Phantom

NavGirl -- Another GREAT spot is CJ Avery's in Lakeport ....... Not to be confused with SA Merideth's suggestion -- her CJ's was "Cactus Jack" / T-Bones.

The place was recently done over -- I think to be more on par with Patrick's --they have a large bar area now with a lot of "Hi-Top" seating and there are in the vacinity of 7 new flat screens surrounding the room. It's (in my opinion) better than Patricks in that if your serious about watching the game, at least here you can see/hear it !!!

If you haven't been there this season, you won't believe the renovations that have been done.

No -- I have no connection with the place.
BroadHopper (09-08-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
Lakegeezer

Default The Bad Moose Cafe

If you are looking to watch the game up in the northeast corner of the lake, check out just east of the intersection of Route 25 and Moultonboro Neck Road. Its about a mile or East of Center Harbor. The Bad Moose Cafe has several TV screens, many types of beer on tap and good pub food. Great chili and big salads. There is an outside porch to use if its warm, but I don't think they normally have TV's out there. Go Pats!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
NavGirl316

Thanks for all the great tips!!...Sounds like there're a quite a few good options out there (may just have to test them all over the next several weeks while the Pats pave their way to Phoenix )...I definitely do care about being able to both see and hear the game. Haven't been to Avery's in ages - sounds like it's undergone quite a transformation!
NavGirl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
trfour

Default Should it snow,

they are fun destinations by snowmobile as well!

Super Bowl?.. Go Pat's!!
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Weirs guy

Try the Gringo at the Weirs. Boat and sled access, very quiet right now and I think the drafts are $1.75 with Cousin Bobs big 'ol TV.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
Cristen

Default Watching Pat's Games at Giuseppe's

Giuseppe's at Mill Falls in Meredith has a great bar for watching the Pat's. They have a cool bar area.
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:34 AM   #11
dpg

Your living room.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #12
murph

Default Mug

The Mug has a good setup for watching the game
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #13
soxie

Default Pat's game at Michael's

Michael's is doing a special for the Pat's game on Sunday. Supposed to have 3 big screen TVs and all you can eat tailgating buffet for $8.00- set up in the back function room. Sounds like fun but I will be in Foxboro at the game. Anyone who might happen to go, I would love to hear about it as I am also always looking for a good place to watch Pats and Sox games. Got to love New England sports!!!!!
soxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #14
steadyon

where is Michaels?
it sounds like fun. tail gate snacks!
steadyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
sa meredith

Default Place to watch the Pats....

Section 122, Row 17
The picture comes in great, and there are no commercials.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
Meredith Resident

Unhappy The Bad Moose has died!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
If you are looking to watch the game up in the northeast corner of the lake, check out just east of the intersection of Route 25 and Moultonboro Neck Road. Its about a mile or East of Center Harbor. The Bad Moose Cafe has several TV screens, many types of beer on tap and good pub food. Great chili and big salads. There is an outside porch to use if its warm, but I don't think they normally have TV's out there. Go Pats!
Umm the bad moose went to foreclosure last winter. It is now a Subway. It's too bad Roger was a great guy, and put his heart and soul into the business.
Meredith Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #17
Meredith Resident

Unhappy Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
they are fun destinations by snowmobile as well!

Super Bowl?.. Go Pat's!!

Sorry...All you will get will be a mouth full of Subway for your next visit, even if it is via snowmobile. The Bad Moose has been put to sleep.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
Meredith Resident

Default Jo Green's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavGirl316 View Post
Any recommendations on a good bar/restaurant around the lake to catch the Pats games on Sundays?
I like going to Jo Green's for the game. They have a great place right on the water front of Wolfeboro, with an amazing view. Plus they have the games in HD.
I usually bring a dollarsaver certificate and get 30%-50% off my meal, and drink.

http://dollarsavershow.com/Category....ategory_id=143
Old 09-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #19
soxie

Default great seats

Michael's is at the former Willow's location at Weirs Beach. Nice friendly place.... Great seats sa but I think I got you beat section 102 row 8. Can't wait to get that party started. GO PATS!!!

(Sorry for yelling)
Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #20
chipj29

soxie and sa meredith...
Great seats. But it is quite a bit cheaper to watch the game at home. For a few years, I had tix in section 105. They were expensive when they were $99. They were getting crazy at $125. Now at $169, that is just plain crazy.
I can go to almost any game in those seats, but I have been choosing not to, due to the cost. I will prob go to one game this year, but will get SRO tix. At least those are under 100 bucks.

Anyway, I will be watching the game in HD on my 42" LCD.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #21
sa meredith

Default $$$$

Chipj, You're right about the money...it is now completely out of hand. In 1990 (Rod Rust) I bought my first two season tickets...$18 a game (8 plus two preseasons) for total of $360 for both season tickets. Over the years I added 4 more and carried six for a while, and it was tough finding 6 people to go. Very lean years...Rust, McPherson, etc. etc. I actually remember having to explain to people what tailgating was, and why we needed to be on the road at 8AM for a 1PM game.
And now...well, It's quite different. To be truthful, I often miss the old days alot. Real football fans, tailgating in all the little "nook and cranny" dirt parking lots. 40000 fans in a stadium that held 60000...but it was a blast.
I've had my fill of today's "pink hats" (if someone doesn't know what that mean, never mind). The old days were real fun...and affordable. You can still find some of those people...we recently switched from the same parking spot in the main lot for 4 years, to Outlaw BBQ (the old Spaghetti Eddy's) and it is pretty hard core over there.
Anyway...got off track...I gave my seats up ($$$$) a few years back, and now 7 guys share 5 seats. Everyone gets to 5 or 6 games....The real reason we all still do it, is as everyone grows older, and moves, has kids, birthday parties, soccer games, whatever, it keeps "our group" together and in touch. The only we all get together if for these games...so it is money well spent. Although now, between ticket, parking, gas, and tailgating, a Sunday in Foxboro sets me back $200. It is getting tough.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #22
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

If you are in Moultonborough, Buckeys is a great place to check out the game- 3 large screen high def TVs!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #23
Waterbaby

Thumbs up Best answer of all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Your living room.
My living room is my favorite place -- tix and drinks are inexpensive, and the company can't be beat! (Plus I see the game closer up on TV than I would at the stadium, )
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #24
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
My living room is my favorite place -- tix and drinks are inexpensive, and the company can't be beat! (Plus I see the game closer up on TV than I would at the stadium, )
Is that an invite WB!?! Forum fest at WB's place!!

I have season's tickets through work but I prefer to watch at home as well! I usually only go to 3-4 games a year max.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
Waterbaby

Default Ummmmmmmmm...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Is that an invite WB!?! Forum fest at WB's place!!

I have season's tickets through work but I prefer to watch at home as well! I usually only go to 3-4 games a year max.
I have nothing to say about that, lol! Good response! (However, if I could determine the weather in advance, and figure out how to move the TV onto the deck, along with the surround sound so it sounds like we're actually there at the game......... hubby would probably love me forever! We could charge admission!) I am laughing so hard at your reponse, I'm definitely going to sleep well tonite -- thank you! (Laughter is the best medicine!)
Old 09-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #26
soxie

Default Pat's tickets

I have to agree the price of tickets is outrageous-however one of life's pleasures I am willing to spurge on once (or maybe twice a year). I feel the same about Sox-Yankee's games , cost a fortune but I go to at least once a year (there's nothing like that experience) You only live once , and I'll give up a manicure/pedicure/facial any day for a day at Fenway or Gillette.
PS I was around in the old days when we had the best QB of all time (Grogan) and no real support for him-- they used to let you in to the games at halftime for free just to try and fill the stadium. I do enjoy watching the game on HD at home with the advantage of instant replay ,cheap drinks and a clean bathroom, but it's also fun (alot) to be there. Also sometimes fun to go to a local place where others share your interest (or passion) as the case may be.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #27
chipj29

Well, yesterday there was no good place to be watching the Pats. Good to get the win, but man, losing Brady is a tough loss. Should be an interesting season...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #28
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Well, yesterday there was no good place to be watching the Pats. Good to get the win, but man, losing Brady is a tough loss. Should be an interesting season...
You got it.Rather have seen a loss and Brady out for a week or two.Kind of ironic that this is the first week in 5-6 years that Brady was not on the injured list and he winds up injured.Uuugghh!Oh well,Sox will take over the east by tomorrow.Small consulation.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #29
Shore Driver

The lounge upstairs at Mame's is warm and charming. TVs could be bigger though.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #30
Ropetow

Default when in Dover....

When in the Dover area you've got to see the Pats at The Loft on Route 108....above Strafford Farms restaurant. Pats game special....large pizza for $9.99 with a 50+ oz. pitcher of Bud or Bud Lite for a penny. This special is also good for Monday night football....
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #31
COWISLAND NH

Default you can see them....but you won't hear them

We went to the Upper Deck in Wolfboro Sunday and got to watch the Red Sox and the Pats...but we had to beg the owner to turn up the Patriots so we could just barley hear what was going on. It was plenty packed w/ Patriot fans (& Red Sox)...very dissapointed in his choice
COWISLAND NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #32
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Exclamation Upper Deck

was never a good place to watch games. I go to the Wolfeboro Inn.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #33
lucknow98

Default Buckey's for the Game!

Try Buckey's to watch the game! In the bar there is a 52" plasma, a 37" LCD both in HD. There are 5 other televisions throughout the restaurant including a massive 70" with comfortable seating in front of it. Also, Buckey's usually runs a game themed special menu on game days and includes very tasty Garlic Fries!
lucknow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow98 View Post
Try Buckey's to watch the game! In the bar there is a 52" plasma, a 37" LCD both in HD. There are 5 other televisions throughout the restaurant including a massive 70" with comfortable seating in front of it. Also, Buckey's usually runs a game themed special menu on game days and includes very tasty Garlic Fries!

I second Buckey's if you are on that side of the lake! They have great TVs