Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
BillieAnne

Question Good Place For BBQ/Marinated Meats?

I know there was a post on this topic some time ago but darned if I can find it now that I need it! Anyway....any suggestions nearby for takeout BBQ/marinated meats? It's for a crowd for a cook-out of course.

Thanks!!!
BillieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Resident 2B

Thumbs up The Wine'ing Butcher!

By far, the best place for what you are looking for is the Wine'ing Butcher in Gilford. They are located in a small strip mall next to the mall group of stores where Patrick's and Sears are at Routes 11B and 11, adjacent to Sawyer's and B-Mae's. They have the best meats, wine and cheese in New England in my opinion. I also saw some interesting micro-brews there the other day.

Patrick's now has their steak tips on their menu.

I know you will enjoy the visit to the store and the food you bring back with you.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
jlrm73

Default Mmmm-hmmmm

Just had some of them there tips tonight...I second that vote!!
jlrm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
hockeypuck

Wine'ing Butcher is the best. The place is spotless and the owners are very friendly, and the prices are good. I always pack up about 10 pounds to throw in the cooler and bring back to Connecticut. In fact on fishing trips in Maine, VT and NH , I have been known to go a few hours out of the way just to stop at this place. Friends at home always ask where I got the steak tips from and are sad to hear they come from a small shop only four hours to the north. This is a must stop for all BBQ'ers in the area.
hockeypuck
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #5
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Also the Center Store in Meredith Center is worth a trip.The owner,Barry is the former meat man from Walters Mkt in laconia.They carry beautiful cuts that you don't find everywhere.Bone in prime rib steaks,HUGE porterhouse steaks with tenderloins the size of a tennis ball.Marinated tips are as good as any I've had and they make their own French-Canadian baked bean mix......it's to die for.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
vrrooom

Thumbs up Wine'ing Butcher

Another Kudos for the small shop in Gilford. We have ordered custom cuts (Roasts) for holiday meals and they were superb. They are very careful to provide not only the highest quality meat, but also trim it to perfection. Definately not cheep, but they deliver value which is outstanding.
vrrooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
45Auto

Thumbs up

The Wine'ing Butcher HAS all the primal cuts, just ask. Their philosophy is not to have too many of their steaks in the case, they do the majority of their steaks "cut to order" for any cut they sell. You can get Porterhouse, T-Bone, NY Strip, Filet, Bone-in Rib Eye, Delmonico and others...just ask the owners Andrew or Gretchen. I do and get exactly what I want all the time! They are also carrying some specialty steaks, Dry Aged Shell, True Kobe (Wagyu) and Grass fed all natural strips. These are to die for!

Plus don't forget the huge selection of marinated steak tips, chicken, ribs, lamb, party wings, chinese pork and some of the best sausages around and a nice selection of specialty sauces, cheeses and wine.
45Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
Weirs guy

We served up some marinated tips form the Wine'ing Butcher for the first Saturday of bikeweek, and they were such a hit with the flatlanders, err, out of towners, that I made someone take a special trip the next weekend for more! We've been eating anything we can find there since they opened and they are excellent.

I've also noticed (but have not tried, yet) that the Weirs Beach General Stores new owners also have a deli with marinated tips at a slightly lower price then the Wine'ing Butcher. I plan to try them soon, but the advantage here over the Wine'ing Butcher is the town docks are just down the boardwalk.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
Water Camper

Default Wine'nh Butcher

I'll add my suggestion of the Wine'ng Butcher. Just had some of their Steak Tips.

Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #10
WakeUp

Default Meats....

Wolfeboro has a new market called the Mill Street Meat Market. Located at 67 Mill Street, the hours are M-Sat 10am - 7pm, Sun 10am - 5pm. Phone number is: 603/569-0022

Top quality marinated meats in a variety of flavors.

They are new this year and do a fantastic job.
WakeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
MaidenCove07

Default Absolutely...

The WB is the best place locally for great meats. I love how helpful the staff are ( or is?), Gretchen has been a doll helping me match wine with my selections.
Their chicken salad with cranberries is yummy.
They even make potato salad, baked beans, pasta salad and other sides to go with your meal so it isn't just about the beef (did I just say that?). These sides are well prepared and hearty, the beans have those little hunks of pork in there and the chicken is all white meat.

If you're on 93 south and want more, there is a place off Exit 9N on the left called the Bull Run which isn't affiliated, but has the same supplier (specialty meat stores are the "NEW THING"). You can get the same flavors and the same quality, just an hour south. There are others too, but I can't remember their names, but fortunately for us, there's one right here.

Kudos to the WB staff for knowing how to make their prices worth paying with their attitude, knowledge and high quality products (notice the order - that was on purpose)!!!
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenCove07
Their chicken salad with cranberries is yummy.

Oh, see I'd forgotten about that until just now! Now my roast beef sandwich tastes like poo.

Now?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #13
MaidenCove07

Default Woops

Sorry Weirs Guy - that dang power of suggestion!
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #14
Weirs guy

Yeah, yeah, now I'm craving it even more MaidenCove07.

I'd also like to take back my earlier statements about the Weirs Beach General Store. After trying to buy some last night I've been informed they aren't selling meats right now (despite the sign still being up! ).

Now?