Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #1
patman
Senior Member
 
patman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 341
Thanks: 54
Thanked 140 Times in 67 Posts
Default Rubbin' Butts BBQ - Center Harbor

Stopped in for a bite to eat Sunday, and it was very good!

This is directly across the street from the town docks, formerly the 'provisions' place, and 'Winni Bay Gulls' before that.

Good selection of BBQ items, pulled pork, ribs, brisket, pastrami, chicken, plus several varieties of mac-n-cheese. They also serve coffee.

My wife had Mac-n-cheese, I had a pulled pork sandwich. Both were very good, very generous portions as well.

Current winter hours are limited, we were told that they'd be expanding the hours as the weather warmed up. For now it's Thu/Fri 10:30-6:30, and Sat/Sun 7:30-6:30.

Looks like it'd be a good place for takeout, they have family dinner packages for 2@$25, 4@$48, or 6@$86.

253-4953

http://www.rubbinbuttsbbqnh.com
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
mishman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Great bbq

I agree that this is a great BBQ restaurant and deserves community support. Their portions are generous and meats are top notch. If they can survive their first winter, hopefully the warmer weather will find their business pick up considerably. If we want decent food choices in the area, we need to support places like Rubins.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,635
Thanks: 428
Thanked 434 Times in 234 Posts
Default

Rubbin Butts is GREAT!!! My single only concern is that it's sometimes hard to order for one because their combinations don't always fit the bill. A "pick three" option would be saweet!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 333
Thanks: 120
Thanked 72 Times in 48 Posts
Default Very good

Actual real bbg. Not meat & a heinze product slathered on. Its straight up, cooked out back, meats that you choose to sauce. And its good enough to have without.
__________________
"I guess it's time to learn Russian."
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
radiocontester
Senior Member
 
radiocontester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 133
Thanks: 36
Thanked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Love the name. Is it named after Seymore?
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2018, 08:49 PM   #6
Mr. V
Senior Member
 
Mr. V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: the left coast (Portland)and West Alton
Posts: 670
Thanks: 10
Thanked 70 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
Love the name. Is it named after Seymore?
No, not Seymore: Claude.
__________________
basking in the benign indifference of the universe
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #7
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 182
Thanked 144 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Rubbin Butts is GREAT!!! My single only concern is that it's sometimes hard to order for one because their combinations don't always fit the bill. A "pick three" option would be saweet!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Traveling Texas BBQ is also very good, I find them different as BBQ goes but I enjoy both
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 333
Thanks: 120
Thanked 72 Times in 48 Posts
Default Other one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
Love the name. Is it named after Seymore?
I thought my son was messing around with me when he told he was being posted to "Seymour Johnson" AFB, however he was not. It actually exists. It the one base he goes to that I will never forget the name of.
__________________
"I guess it's time to learn Russian."
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #9
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 3,998
Thanks: 1,343
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Traveling Texas BBQ is also very good, I find them different as BBQ goes but I enjoy both
Love that place!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 776
Thanks: 261
Thanked 366 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Most of the times I've had ribs from Butt Rubbers, they've been pretty dry. Not bad, but I have to say that Lone Star BBQ out on Route 3 in Tilton has them beat by a long shot. That dude's ribs are outstanding! Also, his homemade BBQ sauce (chipotle flavor) is unreal. It's out of the way for me, but well worth the trip. https://www.lonestarbbqco.com/
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #11
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 182
Thanked 144 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Most of the times I've had ribs from Butt Rubbers, they've been pretty dry. Not bad, but I have to say that Lone Star BBQ out on Route 3 in Tilton has them beat by a long shot. That dude's ribs are outstanding! Also, his homemade BBQ sauce (chipotle flavor) is unreal. It's out of the way for me, but well worth the trip. https://www.lonestarbbqco.com/


How does it compare to Traveling Texas BBQ?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #12
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 776
Thanks: 261
Thanked 366 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
How does it compare to Traveling Texas BBQ?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I've never tried that one. Is that the guy next to the moccasin shop on Rt. 104?

I also forgot to mention that Lone Star's brisket is over the top as well. (I just tossed my peanut butter sandwich in the trash. I can't stop thinking about BBQ...)

Last edited by Seaplane Pilot; 03-14-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #13
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 182
Thanked 144 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I've never tried that one. Is that the guy next to the moccasin shop on Rt. 104?

I also forgot to mention that Lone Star's brisket is over the top as well. (I just tossed my peanut butter sandwich in the trash. I can't stop thinking about BBQ...)
Yes it is. Also, in the summer he also has a store front at the Weirs Pier
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #14
Major
Senior Member
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Laconia
Posts: 305
Thanks: 104
Thanked 121 Times in 63 Posts
Default The Smoke Shop

If you are ever in Kendall Square, there's a barbeque place called The Smoke Shop, which is excellent. Best burnt end brisket I've ever had. Really a treat.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #15
Shreddy
Senior Member
 
Shreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moultonboro
Posts: 385
Thanks: 104
Thanked 147 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
If you are ever in Kendall Square, there's a barbeque place called The Smoke Shop, which is excellent. Best burnt end brisket I've ever had. Really a treat.
Don't need to go to Kendall Sq. now. They have a shop right in Seaport on Congress St. as well now. I went a couple weeks ago, got the pick 3 with burnt ends, ribs, and pulled pork...All phenomenal and so were the sides of cole slaw, mac n cheese, etc. Wings were also good.
__________________
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #16
Major
Senior Member
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Laconia
Posts: 305
Thanks: 104
Thanked 121 Times in 63 Posts
Default The Smoke Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Don't need to go to Kendall Sq. now. They have a shop right in Seaport on Congress St. as well now. I went a couple weeks ago, got the pick 3 with burnt ends, ribs, and pulled pork...All phenomenal and so were the sides of cole slaw, mac n cheese, etc. Wings were also good.
Great to know that The Smoke Shop at the Seaport is just as good. Your choice is EXACTLY what I get when I go -- sometimes I substitute the cornbread for the cole slaw.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #17
Denis D
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 30
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Is this the same place that was called "Bellies n Butts" with the cider bellies donuts? Did it change owners?
__________________
Denis in NJ
Denis D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #18
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 182
Thanked 144 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis D View Post
Is this the same place that was called "Bellies n Butts" with the cider bellies donuts? Did it change owners?
No the owners of the BBQ portion have not changed. It is the folks that own "O" and Canoe. Cider Donuts is no longer in the location with them, but they are now selling "Goody Good" donuts, a donut shop in Laconia.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #19
Overlake97
Senior Member
 
Overlake97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford
Posts: 199
Thanks: 122
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
They have a shop right in Seaport on Congress St. as well now.
Where is Seaport? Massachusetts? I couldn't find a town with that name in NH.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #20
Doobs41378
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 434
Thanks: 33
Thanked 58 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
Where is Seaport? Massachusetts? I couldn't find a town with that name in NH.


Yes, itís the Seaport district in Boston.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.15917 seconds