Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
Tiger Lilly

Default Lake Cams Not Working??

What's up with the web cams? I am so sad not to be able to click on and see the lake move and the breezes.
Tiger Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

http://www.rattlesnakecam.com/lakecams.htm......did you try this?.....Everyone was working except the Winnisquam cam
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Tiger Lilly

I'm still having troubles - must be just me. Thanks for the reply.
Tiger Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Rose

I was having issues with the Wolfeboro Bay Real Estate site, but found this link works:

http://wolfeborobayrealestate.com/wolfecam.php

Snake Eyes will sometimes start loading and then go to a "page not found" site. I think this only happens when I request Firefox to open all 32 webcam pages I have bookmarked.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
Island Girl

Default Lake cam pages

I have a couple of pages for lake cams:

http://www.rattlesnakecam.com/lakecams.htm is for all the cams in the area and http://www.rattlesnakecam.com/watch.htm is for Winnipesaukee only. The login page that is coming up is for the Pine Island South Cam...
Hey, Pine Island Guy, do I remove that cam or is there an error causing the login page to come up?

Thanks
IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
Pine Island Guy

Default sorry about that!

IG - I'm not sure why the login page is coming up! I'm working to fix the site and make it a little more viewer friendly. Interestingly, the PI thumbnail images still work ok on your site if you click them. I'll keep you posted with the fix for the login, thanks for letting me know -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
What's up with the web cams? I am so sad not to be able to click on and see the lake move and the breezes.
What site are you talking about? Rattlesnakecam.com or winnipesaukee.com? Your message makes it seem like there is a problem on this site.

The webcam images all come from different sources. One of the Pine Island cams was intermittantly causing a login box to pop up so I temporarily disabled that cam's thumbnail module. The Wolfeboro Cam changed their URL recently and that was fixed as soon as I noticed. Other than that my cam modules are all working.

It is strange that I receive so many complaints about the cam displays. Sometimes I go back and forth with someone about it only to find out that they are talking about rattlesnakecam.com. Recently one of the cam operators insisted that my cam display was creating some kind of problem with their server. They asked several times that I remove their cam from my site. After several exchanges they finally mentioned that the problem was coming from rattlesnakecam.com.

I'm not sure why that confusion keeps resurfacing. Rattlesnakecam.com and winnipesaukee.com are totally separate sites operated by different people. We help promote each other and link to each other but so do many other sites.

You are welcome to discuss problems with either site here but please specify which site you are referring to.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
Island Girl

Default Snake Eyes

Don, I had the same dialog with that cam operator. I think his issue was with his own new application not my site. All I do it provide a link to their image.. much the same as you ... I think their logs just showed a lot of referrals to their site from mine.

For users... if you are looking at the cams from rattlesnakecam.com and have any problems please email me directly at rattlesnakecam@comcast.net.

Thanks, Don for all that you do, including hosting my stuff!!!

Carolyn

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote