Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Lost & Found
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
germangirlvt

Default Lost (or stolen ...) green Prodigy Perception kayak

Our green Prodigy kayak disappeared from our dock on the west side of Pine Island across from Y Landing sometime during the week of September 25.
It was tied down on our dock, the two ropes are still there, the kayak and paddles are not. One of my big flower pots was knocked into the lake as well.
I want to think it was some odd wind related event, but I'm not sure how that would have neatly untied the rope from the front and back
Either way, if anyone sees it drifting along, please give me call
Yes, we reported it to MP.... and no it doesn't have our name on it. Have only been thinking about doing that all summer long lol

I attached a photo...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
germangirlvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
TheProfessor

Sorry to read about this.

Have lost items on lake over the years and found items over the years on the lake. Could be nature. Could be prank. Could have been stolen. Could have been borrowed by family member.

A simple engraver. Could have put your name, phone number, or just the last 4 of your Social Security number on the boat. Lesson learned.

Have you filed a police report?

Do check Craigslist. If stolen many times thief wants to get rid of it for cash quickly.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #3
fatlazyless

While this won't help you, after the loss, the Coast Guard supposedly has 'Operation Paddle Smart' orange, waterproof, identification stickers designed to be placed within kayaks, paddle boards, and small boats that are available for free to state agencies like the Marine Patrol, or Fish & Game for free distribution to the public.

Have I ever seen one? No, but I have seen an image of one by googling 'Coast Guard kayak sticker.'

Seems like a good idea...... an ounce of prevention.....is worth a pound of something .....how does that go? ......by writing your name and phone with a waterproof marker onto the waterproof Coast Guard sticker, or something? .....unless, it was stolen, with subsequent razor blade removal of aforementioned Coast Guard sticker by kayak thief ....... not a nice thing to do!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
germangirlvt

Default Lost (or stolen ...) green Prodigy Perception kayak

Yeah, I've seen them and they have been on in my to do list all summer. And then they never happened. Because summer ....

If it was taken, I'm sure we'll never see it again. Sticker or not. But maybe maybe maybe the rope it was tied with magically untied and it was blown off the dock and someone maybe sees it.
Reported to MP ... I'll check Craigslist, good idea!

Hindsight is always 20/20 ... I m just disappointed since it sat there all summer with no issues. *sad face*

Sabine

Sent from my iPad
germangirlvt is offline   Reply With Quote