Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Moultonboro SMC News and Announcements

Moultonboro Snowmobile Club News and Announcements
April 7, 2013

I write this with a certain amount of sadness that the snowmobiling season is over, but also with happiness that we can see the trees and grass starting their Spring awakenings! While this year was not a great one from a snow perspective, it ended up being far better than last year. Because of the late start to the season and warm-ups soon after the snow ended, we never established a decent base. Our groomers only went out 3 or 4 times over the trail system. On a positive note, we saw a lot of people out riding when the conditions allowed. Let’s hope for a snowy winter next year!

Trail Work: Over the next few weeks, we will begin to put our trails to bed for the year. Signs, trail markers, fencing and rope all need to be removed and stored. I will be planning a work party at some point soon and will announce the details via email, Facebook, the Club website and the sign.

I am also looking for a volunteer to build a wooden box with approximately 40 slots to hold the letters for the sign. We used an accordion folder this year, but because often I am changing the letters in poor weather, it gets wet and fell apart. If you can build something like this, please give me a call to discuss the details.

Annual Elections: Like all snowmobile clubs in NH, the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club officers and directors are all volunteers. We will be holding our annual elections in a month at our meeting on May 4, 2013 at the Suissevale Clubhouse. The officers are elected annually with the board of directors being elected bi-annually. Anyone interested in the following positions, please call or email me ASAP:

• President: The President of the Club shall preside at meetings of the Club and at meetings of the Board of Directors, shall appoint such committees as authorized by the Board of Directors, shall be an ex-officio member of all committees, and shall carry on other responsibilities contained in the By-Laws or as directed by the Board of Directors.

• Vice President: The Vice President shall assist the President in all duties and in the absence of the President, shall perform all the duties of and have the powers of the President.

• Secretary: The Secretary shall be the primary resource of all the Club’s records. The secretary is responsible for recording & distributing meeting minutes at the Board of Directors meetings. Storage of other records include but are not limited to membership rosters, committee lists, financial documents, grant in aid applications, and landowners lists; be responsible for coordinating distribution of all notices; and discharge all normal secretarial functions.

• Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep the accounts of the Club and have charge of its funds. This includes keeping the Club’s funds in a bank authorized by the Board of Directors, making disbursements as directed by the Board of Directors in the normal course of club operations, making a financial report at each board meeting and preparing and submitting an annual report at the annual meeting of the Club.

• Directors: The Purpose of the Board of Directors is to perform all desirable and legal functions of the successful operation of the Club within the general interest of the public and the property owners.
I will continue in my role as Club President if you, the members, so wish and I know that some of the other officers will do the same. Please note that we are always looking for fresh faces and ideas and none of us will mind if you decide to throw your hat in the ring for any positions!

We have started to review and update our by-laws, so if you are an attorney or have a knack for that type of work, we welcome your advice and assistance.

Please contact me or any other club officer or director if you are interested in assisting in any way. We meet monthly during the season (Sept-May) to conduct club business on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM at the Moultonborough Public Library. Members are always welcome at our meetings and encouraged to attend. Please see our club website moultonborosmc.org for contact information.

Thank you: The Board and club members would like to thank those members and past board members that continue to work tirelessly behind the scenes to get trails signed, perform trail work, process membership applications and generally just do what needs to be done.

In particular, I would like to thank:
• Mark Richter (Mark Richter Repair) for keeping our small engine powered equipment running and our chainsaws sharp.

• Don Lemien (Don Lemien Excavation) for storing our 2009 Tucker groomer in his garage and preparing it for use each year. Don is also one of our volunteer groomer operators.

• Doug Murphy (Douglas Murphy Towing and Recovery) for moving our 1997 Tucker to and from its winter home. I also called on Doug to pick up a broken drag off the Neck road one Saturday evening.

• Tom Mason (Lakes Region Water) for allowing us park our 1997 Tucker at his Route 109 property during the winter months.

Land Owners: As always, thank you for your generosity and support. It is because of you that we have a trail system to ride on.

Monthly Activities: We close the season out each year with our annual meeting that will be held on Saturday May 4, 2013 at the Suissevale Clubhouse. It is at this time that we will be holding elections. The Club will be providing a BBQ meal for the evening and will provide soft drinks. Please feel free to bring your alcoholic beverages of choice. We will be sending out a separate announcement as we get closer.

I apologize for the delay in getting some of these announcements and information out to you. As many of you are aware, I am a small business owner and at times travel often on business.

Respectfully Submitted,

John Harrington, President
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (04-10-2013)