Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
C-Bass

Default Wild Hogs!

I saw a dead hog (Not a motorcycle) on the side of the road on 25 today near Moultonborough Falls. Could be someone's pet pig or farm animal that escaped. I have seen one before at least around here, let alone road kill. Kind of unusual, anybody see or hunt hogs in the area? I have family member that lives in Texas and I heard they do billions of dollars in crop damage. So much so, they shoot them for sport from Helicopters. Hopefully there are not any invasive wild hogs in the area. They will do some damage.
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C-Bass For This Useful Post:
SimpleTL (05-26-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

I have never seen wild hogs anywhere but in Florida. A few years ago 4 of them crossed the road in front of my car. A lifelong Florida resident told me that going hog hunting is a "thing" in Florida, like deer hunting in NH.

I admit to not being real tuned to animal things. About 15 years ago, the first time I went out on a jet ski in Florida, I panicked when a fin went by me in the water, about 10 feet away. Then the person I was with told me it was a dolphin, not a shark. Much better!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote