Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Lake Lady 6

Default West Alton Web Cam

Is DRH's Web Cam up and running?
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
IslandSib

Unhappy DRH has a web cam?

I admit I haven't visited forum lately and have overlooked the ice out page..
Did I miss something...
If I had known I would not have made my Ice-out prediction..this morning...
My winning sweatshirt just made the rag pile..
Geeze...
Old 02-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default DRH Digi-cam

During ice out, DRH takes daily pictures from his beautiful lakeside property overlooking Sleepers and Treasure, but does not have a web cam, unless it is something brand new. I did check snakeeyes cam site to see if there is a link to DRH cam, and there is none. Do wish he would set one up though.

What say you DRH, do we need to start a fund??????
Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
DRH

Default No Web Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
During ice out, DRH takes daily pictures from his beautiful lakeside property overlooking Sleepers and Treasure, but does not have a web cam, unless it is something brand new. I did check snakeeyes cam site to see if there is a link to DRH cam, and there is none. Do wish he would set one up though.

What say you DRH, do we need to start a fund??????
You are right, Upthesaukee, I don't have a webcam. As you explained, during ice-in and ice-out I've been taking a daily photograph with my camera and manually uploading each photo so Island Girl can include them on her Ice-In Watch and Ice-Out Watch web pages.

I've given some thought to having a web cam, but I don't really know where to start. I do like the "hi-def" web cams that some of the Forum members operate, but they are a bit pricey for my budget. I have a good spot to mount a web cam outside my house, but I don't have any means for running the necessary cable from the camera to my computer. Is there such a thing as a wireless web cam? I do have the means to supply power to a web cam, but I could not very well run a data cable from the camera to my computer. A wireless web cam would probably work well.

I would consider installing a web cam, but logistics and budget currently don't seem to be in my favor. Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
RI Swamp Yankee

DRH, try doing a Google search for wireless IP camera. You will find many in the range from $220 to $800 that also have PTZ. (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) Setup is moderately easy and most can FTP images to a web host and email images to any address you chose at intervals you set. I have a wired IP camera looking out a back door at a side street and am looking / thinking of a wireless one to look out a front window. (wireless because I am too lazy to run an Ethernet cable) The IP cameras now have everything built in and you access it with your web browser to do all the settings.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Here's a money-making idea for maintaining an Alton waterfront web cam. Call US Tower and let them build a new cell phone tower on your Alton waterfront, and start collecting rent.

Gunstock Ski & Recreational area just renegotiated their cell phone tower lease for more money, plus Gunstock will be getting a new web cam, way up on the tower. ...from last week's newspaper.