Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Waterbaby

Default JT's BBQ, Weirs

If I hadn't been there this past weekend, I would have totally raved about JT's! Family, friends, and I have been there numerous times in the past with never a bad experience. This past Saturday night, however, was beyond disappointing, not to mention disgusting. I don't know if JT's is under new ownership or what has happened, but it's truly sad to see such a downturn in a place. I ordered the prime rib with baked potato and the BBQ baked beans, along with the extra-price cole slaw. Hubby ordered the babyback ribs and son had his usual grilled cheese and fries - hard to mess up. The dinners arrived quickly but were all barely room-temp, which was hard to understand since the interior of the restaurant was so over-heated. My prime rib was extremely tough and the parts that weren't were loaded with fat. Hubby's ribs were also tough -- we thought that was impossible with baby backs! He ordered the salad, requested no beans and slaw but got both anyway -- had we known, I would never have ordered the extra side! The au jus with my prime rib was extremely salty and very cold, apparantly just poured from the refrigerated can. The beans were also exceptionally salty, and the fries with both of their orders were cold and undercooked. Yes, we were prepared to make a complaint but didn't see our waitress again until she dropped the check on our table. In addition to all of this, the table and the floor were all sticky and when I used the ladies room, well, enough said. Thank goodness several packets of wet wipes were delivered with our meals -- was this so we could make good use of them to wash our hands and the table before dinner? I cannot even imagine what happened to this place, and wonder if the waitress made such a quick disappearance after serving our food because she is used to the complaints about the poor quality of the food and the lack of cleanliness in the facility these days? Shame on you, JT's!
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
donnamatrix

Default JTs BBQ

The owner of JT's was tragically killed (by his own boat) several years ago in Center Harbor. I don't know who owns JT's anymore, but we stopped going there more than a year ago. It really slid down hill, and has become kind of seedy .... not unlike the Lobster Pound. You couldn't pay me to go there!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote