Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
Hubbard

Default Questions on registration and storage

Hoping to tap into the collective wisdom here -- we are considering buying a boat from a private party. Where would we need to go to register it? Also...do we need to talk to a marina soon to reserve winter storage space? Might we have a problem finding space? Any info on cost/ft would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:55 PM   #2
John Mercier

Your town clerk may be an authorized registration agent.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
Hubbard (07-31-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 09:37 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default Tough item

Even dealers are saying, "If you don't have a place to store it., don't buy it." Summer and winter. Now is the time to get storage commitments for 2022. Private sale is even harder than dealer, as dealers hold spaces open in order to make sales. Be sure it is a multi-year commitment, or you may be SOL in 2023.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
Hubbard (07-31-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 05:57 AM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

I assume, and I could be wrong, that since you did not ask about a slip for the summer you will either trailer the boat or have some summer arrangements made for docking. That seems to be the biggest current problem for new boat owners.

As mentioned, your town clerk or the Marine Patrol in the building in Glendale can handle the registration. You can also go to the Boat Desk in Concord if that is closer for you.

For winter storage give Miles Marine in Gilford a call. The last time I checked they had both inside and outside shrink wrapped spaces available. They will winterize and store your boat, and even pick it up and launch it in the spring if that is something you want.

603-527-1887
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Hubbard (07-31-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
Hoping to tap into the collective wisdom here -- we are considering buying a boat from a private party. Where would we need to go to register it? Also...do we need to talk to a marina soon to reserve winter storage space? Might we have a problem finding space? Any info on cost/ft would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
Although there seem to be skeptic here, there are likely many places that will be able to store you boat for the winter, a place to dock it for the rest of this season or even next season is your real problem.

From a winter storage aspect, you just likely will have to use one of the off the water Marinas (Independent, Miles, Wally's etc.)...And you might not be able to get inside storage, or climate controlled storage....

With that said, pricing for winter storage varies greatly depending on what you request.. Indoor and climate controlled gets price, I store mine outside shrink wrapped and its around 20$ per foot, but then again I have been using the same marina for many many years, and have noted they don't tend to raise the price on me very often.
Hubbard (08-03-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2021, 09:24 AM   #6
Hubbard

Default Thanks

Thanks all for the help - we have a dock so it is just winter storage I am concerned about.
Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote