Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > History
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
ccddii11

Default Dock Work

For dock permitting purposes, I am looking for a photo of the dock located directly to the right of Rattlesnake launch (when standing at the launch and looking out towards Rattlesnake Island).

The photo needs to be prior to 1976 as I’m trying to validate the existing dock prior to 1976.

I know the dock has been there since the 1960s but finding a picture or other support for permit purposes has been a challenge.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Chris
ccddii11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
RLW

Smile

ccddii11, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Best of luck locating the info that you need. I'm sure someone will give you advice to where you may obtain it.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
sluggo

Chris best thing to do is locate the prior owners of the property and see if they have any pictures of them or a sibling on the dock when they were kids. Having representation of a landmark , house etc. that shows the dock on the property is even better. The state likes to see these pictures time stamped but not all are . An written affidavit that is notarized would also be needed from the person or persons that you received the pictures from. I take it you are trying to prove grandfather status of the dock. If you cant find pictures you can always ask the town the dock is located in to review building permits for that property and see if there was one pulled to build the dock or repair it. I was able once to find paperwork on a dock from the 20 s in the towns archives to prove grandfather status. There is a lot you can do but to much to write on the forum here. Good luck and I hope this was helpful.
sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote