Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
PennyPenny

Smile The New Subway in Moultonborough

My son and I just stopped in this morning around 11:00 to try it for the first time and we thought everything was great considering they just opened. We were greeted when we came in by a nice girl who took our order with no problems. The display case with all the toppings is right in front and was clean. The meats and cheeses are pre-portioned so as to be consistant. They have a couple of bread/sub ovens cooking fresh rolls and it smells yummy when you walk through the door. My son had the foot long oven roasted chicken breast sub and I had the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sub. You have a choice of toppings that are displayed as well and were fresh and clean looking as well. Granted it is a so called fast food place but the food was fresh and the interior is clean. We were in and out within 6 minutes. The only negative is a 20oz bottle of coke was $1.69. We will go again.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Penny....you must be related to the owners....a review on a chain restaurant???......Hit Mcdonalds and get back to us.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
boywonder

Default No Reason For Chains

I do not know how you can write a reveiw on a chain like subway!!! We all must support local resturants
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
Lakegeezer

I haven't been to the Subway, but am anxious to try it out. It may be a chain, but its built in the old "Bad Moose" tavern. It gets points for that!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
PennyPenny

Smile The food was edible at least...

My son has been dying to try it. You have to admit it looks pretty tasty from the adds on TV. And when it comes to a teenager and food I think many of us parents know how that goes, they don't care as long as they can gulp it down. Even though it is a chain it is still employing people and paying taxes and adding to the community. As far as being related I think I am too old to have relatives that young! But I do work at a local restaurant so I hesitate posting restaurant reviews or comments if possible.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
vmartino26

You've got to support the locals. My wife and I adopted a policy when we purchased a home up here last year -- the policy when it comes to eating out is A-B-C. It's really very simple. Anything but chains! It's worked well for two years, and we don't see any reason to change it!
vmartino26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
OK,FLL.....you've goaded me into a rant.....
And you've goaded me into a rant...

Have you eaten at this particular Subway...if not, how can you judge it? When I was working down in Dahlgren, VA, Subway was the only thing close by, and I had some of the best subs I've ever had the week I was there. There was something called FLAVOR to the subs.

Do you shop at Walmart? If you do, you should stop...they are as cheap as cheap can get.

Do you get forecasts from Accuweather? If you do, stop...they pay their forecasters very poorly.

I'll spend my money where I feel I'm getting my money's worth...whether it be local or a chain.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #8
ITD

Aren't Subway's locally owned????? I believe they are franchises. Could be someone local has laid it on the line..... Personally I like Subway, typically very consistent from store to store.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 AM   #9
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Aren't Subway's locally owned????? I believe they are franchises. Could be someone local has laid it on the line..... Personally I like Subway, typically very consistent from store to store.
I was going to post a comment in the same spirit. While Subway is a "chain", the stores are generally all franchised (I say generally, because I don't know for sure if any stores are corporately owned, and it's not worth the time to look it up). So, that "chain" store is very likely owned by local folks who would have put some decent capital behind it to get it off the ground.

Personally, I usually have a good experience with Subway, and would view eating at one locally pretty much the same as eating at a local independent establishment.
brk-lnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
Seeker

I see nothing wrong with a review of a local chain restaurant. I might just try it on the way home from my boat if I don't hit Jo-Jo's. I can tell you all Subways are not created equal. Went to grab a sub at one in the Boothbay area and the meat was green and it wasn't P&P loaf.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
phoenix

went there on Sunday and from the outside still looks like Bad Moose but on the inside looks like all other subways( deck not yet open but they plan to have that available soon). Service was quick and food was good and foot long for $5 which we shared. It will do well even in the winter. By the way it was bought at Auction for I think over 300K( with a lot of renovation after that ) by someone who owns one ( I think) in Conway
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #12
dpg

Quiznos is better than Subway.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
JTA

Default $$$

Well, Subways and McD's do fill a nitch and there is a great difference between locations probably depending on who owns and manages them. Last week my wife and I played a round of golf and then I suggested lunch "out" giving her the choice of Bobby's Girl, George's, or Town Docks. After each of us having a lobster roll, onion rings and a soft drink, the bill was $35 (at Town Docks), then add the tip so I'm up to $42. The meal was very good but we can't afford that every time out.
I will try the new Subway although we have fond memories of Porky's in the same location. I hope they make it.
JTA is offline   Reply With Quote