Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #1
Happy Gourmand

Default Louis Nasis's Famous Pizza

We usually come up from Southern NH on Friday nights, but Mrs. Gourmand had some business to finish up on Friday night so we drove up on Saturday AM. We arrived in Meredith just about lunchtime and were discussing what we could have for lunch. Should we stop at the store and get something to put together when we got to the cottage, or should we stop somewhere and have lunch on the way. The dog helped us make the decision as we would not leave her in the car on a hot day while we dined. We were on Rte 104 approaching the Stop and Shop Mall ( I think it's called Old Province Mall) and decided to stop at Louis Nasis's Famous Pizza for a sandwich and a small pizza.
We ordered a large Italian sandwich and a small pepperoni pizza. Having stopped there a few times in the past, we noticed that the same man and woman were always there....and yes, they are the owners...they have no employees which gives them a pretty good quality control advantage over most other eating establishments.
For us, the location is very convenient...it's either on our way to the cottage or just a couple miles down the road as our place happens to be in Meredith also.
The Italian sub was ordered with the works...yes to the hots please. The meat was abundant and fresh as were the veggies and condiments. The bread, though obviously not fresh from the oven, was accaptably fresh, but could have been fresher. The Phantom's educated guess is that it was a day old. No biggie!
The pizza... pepperoni practically covered the entire surfaceof the pie. The sauce was excellent....plenty of a great blend of cheese...and loads of pepperoni. The crust was tender and tasty. Because of all the pepperoni, the pizza was a bit oily, but that's the way the Phantom likes it.
The Phantom Gourmand rates the Italian sub as a strong 7, a fresher roll would have pushed it to an 8.
The pepperoni pizza easily comes in at a 9. Delicious!

The disclaimer: I nor anybody in my family is related to or in any way associated with the owners or management of any eating establishment in the Lakes Region, or any other region. I am a long time forum member having made a number of posts under another name. Your experience at an eatery may vary from ours. I also expect your opinions may differ also. I have absolutely no agenda other than to report our experience at the eateries that we will visit throughout the season. I decided to start posting about my experiences as The Phantom Gourmand because....well....because I CAN.
As they say at the end of so many commercials....."Your results may vary."
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Nice to hear some positive posts,Phantom.The best pizza's in the lakes region are Louis's and Rossi's.......and we've tried them all.
One local place that I won't name has a new twist on cooking pizza when it's busy.We ordered a large pepperoni/mushroom/pepper and it came out looking beautiful.I picked up a slice all of the toppings fell off onto the plate and table.Careful examination revealed the problem.The place was quite busy at the time and the cooks were doing cheese pizza's and then sprinkling cold toppings on as they came out of the oven.Same thing at the next tabel.I'll bet the owner wasn't there and the cooks decided to be creative.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote