Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Elacoya Barn & Grill

My wife and I had the opportunity to go to the "Elacoya Barn & Grill" for lunch over the weekend. What a hidden gem this place is! To start with my wife and I both tried their seafood chowder which was excellent! My wife then had some kind of bourbon steak salad that was just delicious and I had the French Dip sandwich which was also fantastic.

The atmosphere is really rustic and nice. Service was great and oh...They make a great Bloody Mary!!

Try it out when you have a chance!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

It is a unique spot with very good food. It was an old barn out back that the owner Steve made into an attractive business. We usually sit at the bar and go for one of the specials.
A nearby good choice is the Lyon's Den at the Glendale docks. Both have Guinness on tap.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Final Plug For Elacoya Barn & Grill

I say the "final plug" because I have said good things about this restaurant previously when it wasn't busy. I have also read some previous not so flattering reviews about service when it was busy.

We went Saturday night and the place was packed both upstairs and down, so this was our first visit when it was this busy and it was great! Service was quick and there was a lot of waitress staff keeping everyone served. I had a special which was a small tendorloin steak with crab cakes which was simply spectacular. My wife had gorgonzola chicken and said it was fantastic. All food was prepared and served just perfectly and service could not have been better or more attentive!

This place is quickly becoming our favorite in the Lakes Region!!

Nuff said!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote