Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Just Sold

Thumbs up Shibley's at the Pier

A friend and I dropped in at Shibley's at the Pier, by boat, yesterday afternoon and had a great lunch. Yes, they are priced higher than most but the deck overlooking the bay was great. There are only a handfull of right on the water establishments and here they have a very large deck.

New menu item: Ahi Tuna sandwich, cooked rare, encrusted with sesame seeds with a chile and wasabi sauce. Wow it was good. I had the cole slaw with it and it was excellent too. Nicely made cosmo's too!

Service was excellent as well. We had a very nice server who is working there during summer college break. Very attentive and pleasant.

Here is the Belknap Lakes web site link but it seems Shibley's web site is not active or has a new web address. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nm2c/r...enus/id15.html
Old 05-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
jetskier

Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold
A friend and I dropped in at Shibley's at the Pier, by boat, yesterday afternoon and had a great lunch. Yes, they are priced higher than most but the deck overlooking the bay was great. There are only a handfull of right on the water establishments and here they have a very large deck.

New menu item: Ahi Tuna sandwich, cooked rare, encrusted with sesame seeds with a chile and wasabi sauce. Wow it was good. I had the cole slaw with it and it was excellent too. Nicely made cosmo's too!

Service was excellent as well. We had a very nice server who is working there during summer college break. Very attentive and pleasant.

Here is the Belknap Lakes web site link but it seems Shibley's web site is not active or has a new web address. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nm2c/r...enus/id15.html
We stopped in for dinner a couple of weeks back (during the cold snap) and it was great. The view was amazing and we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

I ordered duck...a true acid test for any restaurant. It was prepared extremely well. My wife had a seafood dish. Overall the prices were comparable to other establishments. We were quite impressed.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
secondcurve

I've never had a bad meal there and the workers have great attitudes. I find the price of meals to be rather low, compared to other comparable lakes region restaurants.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
Just Sold

I never meant to say that Shibley's at the Pier was overly expensive. Their prices are commensurate with other similar establishments. Heck being on the water means higher operating expenses like taxes and someone has to pay them.

I will be back soon. It will be a great deck to be on for fire works and having a beer or drink.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
robmac

Have been going to Shibleys for years,have to say the staff and food are always great.Then cross the street to the familys other facility (the ice cream and sandwich shop) for some soft serve pistacio ice cream what a day.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
arthurc

We0 have been going to Shibleys for a long time. It's always been great.A few years ago we had lunch on the deck and sat next to a couple having drinks. The guy looked like a cartoon character with the red handle bar mustache and long red hair. Anyway, all of a sudden he gets up, climbs over the railing and slips into the water. His girlfriend looks at us and says: 'Did he come up yet?' I guess he did cuz ther was no fuss about anyone drowning. In spite of the seriousness of the situation it was a hilarious event.
It's a great place.
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
hazelnut

Smile

Thanks for the recommendation. I have never tried Shibley's. My wife and I rarely get down to Alton and this is something I would like to change. Last year we boated down to Sandy Point for dinner and we had a great time. I plan on heading to Alton Bay this summer for lunch and day trips. I will put Shibley's at the top of the list for things to do this summer.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #8
robmac

went to Shibleys at the pier on saturday for lunch with my daughter.We sat out on the deck enjoying the weather and boat traffic. Service was excellant as well as the food.After we finished went and got ice crean across the street and that was great also. Good to see that some family owned food establishments are still alive and well on the lake.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote