Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
mofn

Default Leaky Toons? The Dr. makes house calls

Saturday pulled the boat due to weather, by accident found two cracks in welds dripping water from center tube.
Now straight to the Doctor, the marina now has a welder from Belmont that makes house-calls... s.terrywelding@gmail.com. Call was made 11 a.m. Tuesday (still dripping) said 7 a.m. Wednesday was there 6.45, job done by 9 a.m.
That included 45 minute wait after boat had to the lifted up further for 30? Plus gallons to drain and stop dripping as not to effect the second weld. He found a 3rd crack that I had missed!
The cost…less than what my tow guy charges to haul to the past welder who does not make house calls. My past two welders one retired and the other is in S. Berwick Maine, just as good a job as them!
(P.S. He does aluminum dock repair/welding also)

Bennington 2019/20/21 owners keep his email , when we were talking he told me about a problem he has seen in above time frame and the amount? Of them he has welded this year so far. When we needed to block up further by the wooden block pile was a 2021 Bennington being outfitted to go in the water, I looked at the issue he had said just 15 minutes prior and low and behold he was not kidding!
mofn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mofn For This Useful Post:
Blyblvrd (07-23-2021), DotRat (07-23-2021), trfour (07-23-2021)