Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2021, 03:42 AM   #1
Laconiaflower

Default Lake winnipesaukee: follow the mount board game 1985

Hello all,

Just curious on this groups thoughts,

If one acquired a follow the mount lake winni original complete board game, what would the value be???

I have recently acquired one and cannot find any value ballpark online. It’s obviously a very rare item so I can imagine it would be a sought after collectible item.

Any thoughts???
Laconiaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:40 AM   #2
ApS

Thumbs up Collectibles...

There is an interest in Lake Winnipesaukee "collectibles". Since you've navigated here successfully, get pictures, give a short review of the game's substance/theme, and describe the amount of wear, if any.

Go to "forums" near the top of the page, select "marketplace", advertise it for $100 or best offer and see what happens.

One present example: $35 + shipping gets a "Wolfeboropoly" board game at Bonanza:
https://m.bonanza.com/listings/Board...354?goog_pla=1
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #3
fatlazyless

The small print at the bottom under item description says this Wolfeboropoly board game is presented by the www.wolfeboronurseryschool.org as a fund raiser for 35-dollars!

Surely, someone on board here could suffer the loss of a $350-donation without barely noticing it ........ or better yet ....... simply mail the donation to the Wolfeboro Nursery School with the word "Wolfeboropoly" scribbled on the corner of the check ...... and you will be a better person for it.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-22-2021 at 12:16 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:45 PM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Rare?

Probably rare because they didn't make many games. Didn't make many because they couldn't sell many. In the 70's and 80's there were a lot of groups making local games following a "Monopoly" style of play. NH Boat Museum might accept it as a donation to their annual auction, or if in really good condition, it might go in the store. Either way, a tax deductible donation for you, without the hassle of advertising, shipping, etc.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
fatlazyless

In order to get an item like 'Follow the Mount' into Ebay for a bid auction sale it needs to have a number of good quality photographs to meet the Ebay standard for posting and selling an item.

Suggest you look at the Ebay rules for new sellers who have never sold as an auction sale on Ebay. That alone would show you what is needed.

And, hey ...... who wants to anonymously make a $350-donation to the Wolfeboro Nursery School on behalf the local kids who attend. Just be sure to write "For Deposit Only" on the back of your check to help it get to where it wants to go.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:11 AM   #6
Stilljester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconiaflower View Post
Hello all,

If one acquired a follow the mount lake winni original complete board game, what would the value be???

Any thoughts???

I purchased one off eBay couple years ago for $15. For me the price was right for something to play on a rainy day. I imagine in a local auction / flea market setting you might get a couple bucks more.
Stilljester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stilljester For This Useful Post:
Laconiaflower (03-03-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #7
gravy boat

Have had one at the camp since it came out. Once in a while we break it out. Always loved it.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
Laconiaflower (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 12:45 AM   #8
Laconiaflower

Default Spam

To “fatlazyless” ,
I find you to be quite spammy and distasteful, as well as discusting. Please stop trying to prey on people with money and status. You won’t succeed in life being dishonest and sneaky.
And what makes you think that I don’t have experience selling items online??? I never said I was a novice. I never said that I don’t know how to go about selling this item, or anything, for that matter. I posted to seek out any sort of ideas from other people who may have more knowledge I. This particular item that cannot be found online anywhere for sale, no value posted whatsoever on google, other than an private auction site that charges a fee to view any content/eat. monetary value. I did not ask advice on how to sell it. I can assure you, I will have no issues whatsoever selling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
In order to get an item like 'Follow the Mount' into Ebay for a bid auction sale it needs to have a number of good quality photographs to meet the Ebay standard for posting and selling an item.

Suggest you look at the Ebay rules for new sellers who have never sold as an auction sale on Ebay. That alone would show you what is needed.

And, hey ...... who wants to anonymously make a $350-donation to the Wolfeboro Nursery School on behalf the local kids who attend. Just be sure to write "For Deposit Only" on the back of your check to help it get to where it wants to go.
Laconiaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:49 AM   #9
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
To “fatlazyless” ,
I find you to be quite spammy and distasteful, as well as discusting. Please stop trying to prey on people with money and status. You won’t succeed in life being dishonest and sneaky.
And what makes you think that I don’t have experience selling items online??? I never said I was a novice. I never said that I don’t know how to go about selling this item, or anything, for that matter. I posted to seek out any sort of ideas from other people who may have more knowledge I. This particular item that cannot be found online anywhere for sale, no value posted whatsoever on google, other than an private auction site that charges a fee to view any content/eat. monetary value. I did not ask advice on how to sell it. I can assure you, I will have no issues whatsoever selling it.
Egads!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #10
camp guy

Default Nount board game...

"Egads!" is an understatement.

Hey, laconiaflower, slow down, take a breath, have some breakfast, go outside and enjoy the sunshine. With limited posts (4) under your belt, I don't think you are quite ready to drop a bomb on FLL. Over the years I have come to appreciate FLL, even though some of his posts are off the wall. He doesn't hurt anyone, is knowledgeable about the Lakes Region, and certainly doesn't deserve your comment. As posters say, "JMHO."
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
ApS (03-03-2021), Bernie Girl (03-04-2021), codeman671 (03-03-2021), MRD (03-04-2021), Newbiesaukee (03-03-2021), pondguy (03-03-2021), rander7823 (03-03-2021), Slickcraft (03-03-2021), thinkxingu (03-03-2021), tis (03-03-2021), wobbelbill (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 04:00 PM   #11
TheVoiceOfReason

Quote:
To “fatlazyless” ,
Yikes. I hardly think FLL is trying to "prey on people with money and status". Nor do I think he could have assumed that the fact you own a board game that might be worth $20 at a garage sale means you fall into the "people with money and status" category. I'm sure that there would be plenty of folks who would be happy to own the game as a neat conversation piece at their camp, but you're certainly not sitting on some type of treasure. Hang onto the game and have some fun with the family with it. Or donate it to a local museum. Or sell it for pizza money. It's probably rare because they probably didn't make very many of them, but not everything that's rare is worth money.
TheVoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post:
wobbelbill (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 08:53 PM   #12
Marauder

Quote:
Hello all,

I have recently acquired one and cannot find any value ballpark online. It’s obviously a very rare item so I can imagine it would be a sought after collectible item.

Any thoughts???
I actually have this game as well, it was played a few times when my kids were young, good way to get to know the lake, I have no idea it's value, but I'll keep mine and hand it down to the grandkids! Good luck if you decide to sell, although, it may be a keeper!
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #13
BrownstoneNorth

Default WinniOpoly is the sort of successor to Follow the Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Probably rare because they didn't make many games. Didn't make many because they couldn't sell many. In the 70's and 80's there were a lot of groups making local games following a "Monopoly" style of play. NH Boat Museum might accept it as a donation to their annual auction, or if in really good condition, it might go in the store. Either way, a tax deductible donation for you, without the hassle of advertising, shipping, etc.
Follow the Mount and other local games may not have sold well back then because pre-internet.

Sales of WinniOpoly, launched just recently, have been exceeding expectations so far.

Excerpts from Union Leader article:

https://www.unionleader.com/nh/arts_...b6561f2cb.html

“With COVID-19 making 2020 “the year of games and puzzles,” a local mother and daughter have created one of the year’s biggest, and unexpected hits: WinniOpoly, a super-local Monopoly-style game with Lake Winnipesaukee at its center.

“It’s an homage to an earlier Winnipesaukee-influenced board game — Follow the Mount.

“At 6 p.m. on Oct. 29, Tognacci posted a message on the Gilford Country Store’s Facebook page asking if anyone was interested in reserving one of the first 500 copies of WinniOpoly. “Before going to sleep that evening, Tognacci admitted “I was concerned that I might not be able to sell 500,” but she awoke the next morning to find that all 500 had been reserved. Inspired by the response, Tognacci ordered 1,000 more of the games, which sell for $59.95 each and should arrive sometime in January.”

Links to Live Love Lake in Wolfeboro and Gilford Country Store (same ownership):

https://www.facebook.com/livelovelak...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/gilfordcoun...type=3&theater
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrownstoneNorth For This Useful Post:
Marauder (03-04-2021)